auto-playing more notes then i press?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Littlemanx666x

auto-playing more notes then i press?

Post by Littlemanx666x » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 am

I have a CTK-573 casio keyboard, and most of the time when I turn it on, it willjust start doing this thing where if I press 3 keys at once (certain keys, not all, but most), it will play a different key along with it, and I don't know how to turn this setting off. I've done it a couple times just by pressing random buttons, but it always comes back eventually. Is there a way to turn this setting off as default for when I turn on the keyboard? Or does anyone know what setting it is and how I can go about turning it off every time I turn on the keyboard? If neccessary, I can post a video of what is happening, cause idk how to explain it any better.

Littlemanx666x

Re: auto-playing more notes then i press?

Post by Littlemanx666x » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:34 am

bump?

biologik

Post by biologik » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:16 am

this question isn't remotely related to ableton.
that being said, here's the link to the manual: http://support.casio.com/pdf/008/ctk_571_01_e.pdf
just quickly looking, it looks like maybe you have "auto accompainment" on or maybe some sort of lesson mode.

you'll be very hard pressed to find anyone that uses such a keyboard as it's not conducive to a production/studio environment.
in this instance, you're best bet is to dig through the manual yourself.

Littlemanx666x

Post by Littlemanx666x » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm

biologik wrote:this question isn't remotely related to ableton.
I did a google search to find a forum related to casio keyboards, and this forum came up, didn't know where else to post this question... so here we are. Blame google, not me! lol.
biologik wrote:that being said, here's the link to the manual: http://support.casio.com/pdf/008/ctk_571_01_e.pdf
I have downloaded the manual, it's the first thing that I did. I looked through it and couldn't figure it out.

Edit: Do you think it would have something to do with the fact that it's been in the setting "Full Range Chord" instead of "normal"? lol I just noticed that switch on the left was flipped all the way up, my niece must have been playing with it.