pich bend

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sebvalencia

pich bend

Post by sebvalencia » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi

When I pitch bend a note using an envelope, is there a way to see the actual note it will produce e.g. a# etc?
Or is there a way to work it out from the number you get when changing the amount?

Ta
Seb

be tonal

Re: pich bend

Post by be tonal » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:11 pm

The effect of the pitchbend depends on the settings in the instrument receiving the pitchbend data. A commom default setting is +/-2 semitones.

To know the note playing (which is useful in many situations) i either use a tuner or my trusted melodica.

JMFOne

Re: pich bend

Post by JMFOne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:57 pm

be tonal wrote:The effect of the pitchbend depends on the settings in the instrument receiving the pitchbend data. A commom default setting is +/-2 semitones.

To know the note playing (which is useful in many situations) i either use a tuner or my trusted melodica.
There is a tuner in garage band for macs (but its abit of a faff to use with ableton) or mixed in key. I use mixed in key but its not ideal. I'd love it if Ableton could bring out a tuner plug with next version that would work natively as it is such an important instrument.
15" Apple Macbook Pro, mid 2012, 2.6GHz 8GB RAM 750GB HD, Ableton Live 9.2, Virus TI Polar