I CANNOT DRAG AND DROP AND FILES OF ANY KIND INTO ABLETON.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
selimsavid

I CANNOT DRAG AND DROP AND FILES OF ANY KIND INTO ABLETON.

Post by selimsavid » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:08 pm

not only that, but when i use the library sidebar in live to go straight to my music folders, I CAN INDEED DRAG IN ANY FILE.

BUT THEN........... ALLLLL OF THOSE FILES, NO MATTER THE FORMAT, WILL LOAD IN ABLETON AS ONLY EIGHT BARS LONG!!!!!!

This is happening whether i am in the clip mode or basic sequencer screen. I have been using ableton for 5 year, and have never experienced this situation before. Drag and dropping is crucial to the work flow, and obviously i cant do a damn thing with samples when they only let me hear the first 8 bars of any material.
I primarily drag in mp3, but ableton handles wav's flac etc, and NONE of the file types will drag into ableton.
I make sure to drag file to the AUDIO tracks and clips as i've been doing for the last 5 years.

NOT ANYMORE ..... I am completely screwed until I figure this out. AND i tried reinstalling the program. No luck.

I am running both the beta AND the regular latest updated version of live 8. they are both authorized.

I updated the quicktime drivers as was suggested. I have only the Komplete 8 vst suite installed and otherwize no 3rd party plugins at all.

this is a new computer, and i have had this problem from day one. it is an HP pavillion dv7 with beats audio amd a8 vision? cpu. it is a quad core. yes, I would prefer i7 cpu all the way.

I previously had an acer aspire i5 running exact same audio software and other sftwr in general and never saw the problem occur.

PPPPPPPllllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaassseeee Hellllllllp ~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wascal

Re: I CANNOT DRAG AND DROP AND FILES OF ANY KIND INTO ABLETON.

Post by wascal » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:00 pm

HAVE YOU TRIED UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING IT?
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

selimsavid

Post by selimsavid » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm

with all due respect and thanks for the fast responses but all the questions were addressed in the initial post.

loop mode, option for the clips in the left side, NO, it is not in loop mode, and that will not effect what is happening.

I am saying that when i open a file and drop it DIRECTLY on the sequancer track it is automatically truncated.

selimsavid

Post by selimsavid » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm

when i put a file in it will initially open and show its on loop mode, but when unclicking the loop yellow button, the file its self is only 8 bars long as though already truncated upon being put into ableton.

wascal

Post by wascal » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Sorry, I was being an asshole because you were using block caps.

The only other example of this I could find was here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177830 and it looks like no-one helped. Out of interest, have you checked the permissions on your ableton folder, desktop, files etc? Anything weird going on there?
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal