Best NI Maschine Template To Use With Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Urban Prayz

Best NI Maschine Template To Use With Live

Post by Urban Prayz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:11 am

Hello, I just recently stepped into the world of live and I am really inspired especially in the session view. I have been checking out the APC40 and the Launchpad, but I already own Maschine; and honestly if I can save some money I am delighted to do it, lol. I have used the factory controller template in Maschine to work with live and its been cool, but I was wondering if you guys knew of any other templates for the Maschine controller and scripts to be able to go a little deeper with the Maschine and Live combo. I will also search the NI forum as well, but wanted to post in the Ableton community first. Thanks for any tips or insights.

Urban Prayz

Re: Best NI Maschine Template To Use With Live

Post by Urban Prayz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:18 am

I found this on NI forum website. I have downloaded and installed the latest version and it's script for Live and it is really dope! Much better than the factory template in terms of functionality and features. Here is the link read through it before downloading just to make sure you got the latest version.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=164766

If anyone has any other suggestions or insights then please let me know. Thanks!

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:45 am

yeah i don't know....i was looking for a template myself....i was even going to make one in controller editor, eh, i just find the whole maschine controlling ableton thing to be a hassle. i hated the template that came with maschine....nothing about it is straight forward. i would say make a template in controller editor, or buy an apc....its ease is worth the money.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:28 pm

For Ableton control > Eatriwaves MaschineLive template
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=164766
This template is pretty excellent.
Fragmentated made a good one too - http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... post536710
So
Im looking for a SOLID workflow with a Maschine-Ableton template to use with drumracks & APC40.
I think the best features I want are:
- Pads that follow the DrumRack selection (Fragmentated's Maschine 4 Live template)
- Pads that can have different selectable note scales for non-drumrack tracks. (Eatriwaves MaschineLive template)
- Macro controls labelled on the Maschine knobs (Fragmentated's template with Mackie control?)

Its pretty time-consuming going through all the pages about maschine templates online then installing all this stuff
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

Urban Prayz

Post by Urban Prayz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 am

Thanks Ben! That's good info. @Eddiex I feel you on the hassle of it. I just wanted to exhaust all my current options before dropping any more money. APC40 looks real nice tho!!!

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am

I like the MegaMaschine template by Megatroid.

I changed it a little for my own template... but it has auto drum racks and marcos, as well as transport control.

It does not have APC clip triggering... but with the 4x4 grid, Maschine is a bit clunky for that anyway.
Last edited by Winterpark on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm not sure if any of you are aware that there is a very nice NEW Ableton Live script + template in the latest 'Controller Editor' update.
On Mac it's here :

Applications>Native Instruments> Controller Editor>Template Support Files>Ableton Live 8 (well duh!)>Maschine_MK2

And yes, it works perfectly with any MK1 Kontroller. It has a 4 x 4 red box, device controls+ navigation and on/off, mixer controls etc.

On Mac, copy the folder mentioned above and place it in Live's remote script folder by right-clicking the Live application, select 'show package contents' >contents>app resources>midi remote scripts.

Enjoy!

carrieres

Post by carrieres » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:43 pm

nice thread, thanks you very much
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1 and MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad PRO
Intel i7-7700HQ, Windows 10, Ableton Live 10 Suite
http://soundcloud.com/ccarrieres

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:14 pm

33tetragammon wrote:I'm not sure if any of you are aware that there is a very nice NEW Ableton Live script + template in the latest 'Controller Editor' update.
On Mac it's here :

Applications>Native Instruments> Controller Editor>Template Support Files>Ableton Live 8 (well duh!)>Maschine_MK2

And yes, it works perfectly with any MK1 Kontroller. It has a 4 x 4 red box, device controls+ navigation and on/off, mixer controls etc.
Yeah, the newly updated Live template that comes with Maschine 1.8 is very nice.

Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 pm

I love this thread. Thanks, everyone.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Someone needs to just make a triple threat script already haha. I wish I knew coding :/.

What I'd do is create a template much like Eatriwave's. except assign things to channels etc that make room for the Mackie knobs. Throw the Mackie control knobs on a knob page with some basic button controls. Then have users use Two scripts in Ableton's preferences. The Mackie script, and the Eatriwave one.

I do love te Eatriwave one a LOT though (details like the freely assignable cc's, and the clip trigger in pad mode! are scrumptious). I can't seem to get the arrow buttons in the Transport area to do anything..... What are they intended for?? I need to re-arrange those buttons also to do the tasks I use most while using Maschine mode.

rezajazzmix

Post by rezajazzmix » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 am

HI,

It's my first time on this forum. very interesting.

Does somebody knows which MASCHINE / Ableton Live 8 templates is used in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... nP1RM788Z4

So far, I have the control editor 1.5.3 but I only have 5 pages and I need the 8 pages he has in the tuto especially to control the Ableton effects easily (watch the video at 10'05)

Basicaly i wanted to buy the novation nocturn, but I heard that i do everything from the Maschine, so .. I try..

Thank you very much

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm

rezajazzmix wrote:Does somebody knows which MASCHINE / Ableton Live 8 templates is used in this video?
That's the new official Live template that comes included with Maschine.

milfhuntr

Post by milfhuntr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Ableton is like Maschine + a million capabilities. I don't think you even need to mess with a Maschine any more. I sold mine. I just use my keyboard pads and there is nothing I miss.

rezajazzmix

Post by rezajazzmix » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

delicioso wrote:
rezajazzmix wrote:Does somebody knows which MASCHINE / Ableton Live 8 templates is used in this video?
That's the new official Live template that comes included with Maschine.

Yes, thank you .
Now I have the 8 pages I need but the column where you have to push "Mute", "Solo", "select" etc.. + a PAD to select one is not working..
I've checked the mapping on control editor and it seems to be the good one...
(ex : Mute boutton
type : control change
channel : 2
Number : 119
Mode : Gate
Value off : 0 on : 127
led on : for midi out

I've tried other manipulation, it seems that all the manip I have to do by pressing one button with one finger and selecting a PAD with another one is not working...

Thank you very much

I love Maschine but I'll be completly happy when i figure the control mode out :-)

Best

For you , it's working perfectly?