Is NI buying Ableton?!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
luddy

Re: Is NI buying Ableton?!

Post by luddy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:09 am

3dot... wrote:
sporkles wrote:Image

We are not currently in the market for any Ableton.

NI!

NIIIII !
you guys are scaring me, knock it off. :lol:

-Luddy

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:51 pm

ShelLuser wrote: They are now the Knights who say

ICKY ICKY ICKY kaPENG, NUUUUUUU WONG!

:lol:

I'm SO going to watch the Holy Grail this weekend again :twisted:
ni ! ni ! ni !

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:00 pm

ShelLuser wrote: When you have a rewire host and connect to a rewire slave you can even send commands to the slave while its not yet active. You can even send a command to activate (start) the slave (after which the DAW starts). Very few programs actually support this, not even Live.
Shel are you talking about transport controls here?

i used to rewire FL Studio to Cubase SX. if i stopped or started the transport in either application the song would play. the last time i tried this with Live (as master and FL as slave) the results were different. unless my memory fails me... i was able to start both apps using Live's transport, but not the other way around. which pissed me off. :evil:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm

thx for clarifying. no M4L here.

speaking of transport controls... i bought an iMac and was hooking up my Akai MDP24 to it. i remembered you trying to help me some years ago to get the transport control working on my XP DAW. so two thoughts came to mind.
1. i need to find that thread where Shel broke it down for me
2. i wonder what happened to that Inspector Gadget track??? :idea:

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:10 pm

knowing NI, if they purchase live they will discontinue it and replace it with a kontakt bank

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 pm

^ i hear that. still, it's good to be busy, especially doing things that are fairly worthwhile.

i work on computer problems all day. i'm soooo sooo so sick of fixing other peoples computers, and even my own if need be, that i switched to a Mac. not because i think it's some magic unicorn dust powered pillar of invulnerability (like some users seem to)... but because i'm no longer a power user when i sit in front of it. if it breaks, i dunno whats wrong. i like that. fuck it. i've made more music lately... because i'm not cringing over what i think means i need a new motherboard, how old my current one is... whether i should get a new power supply, counting the age of my aging hard drives etc etc etc. so M4L is not for me. when i get home the only sciences i care about are the science of making art or watching/listening to someone else's art and the science that comes with that.

oh and the science of cooking dinner :wink:

*bookmark*

thanks for the MPD24 link Shel,
g