Why no upgrade path from Live Lite to Live Intro?[Solved]

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cstump

Why no upgrade path from Live Lite to Live Intro?[Solved]

Post by cstump » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:25 pm

I got the Live Lite Emu version with my hardware but with only 8 tracks it's stuck in a perpetual Demo mode.I was able to upgrade from LE to lite but there is no paid upgrade path to Intro which has 64 channels and unlimited MIDI.In order to get more tracks I have to upgrade to the full version which is the same cost whether I have Lite or Intro. I would like to upgrade to the intro which has more tracks but it is full price.It's great that Live LE was added as a way to get a taste of the Software but not everyone needs the full version from this starting point and at least some consideration should be allowed here for this request.

I would like to dabble in the Intro first before I dive full steam to the full version and it would be nice since Ableton packaged this Software with the hardware to give some sort of incentive(discount) to at least jump in at the entry level instead of going full tilt to Live 8.

Your attention to this matter is appreciated and not urgent however I probably will not upgrade to the full version without upgrading through intro first.

Thank you.

CStump.
Last edited by cstump on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

Piplodocus

Re: Why no upgrade path from Live Lite to Live Intro?

Post by Piplodocus » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 pm

What's the thing at the bottom of the Live Intro page that says if you have Live LE you can get a copy of Intro? http://www.ableton.com/live-intro
Live relevant things: Suite 12, MacBook M1 Max, RME UFX II (kext drivers), Push 1

cstump

Post by cstump » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Piplodocus wrote:What's the thing at the bottom of the Live Intro page that says if you have Live LE you can get a copy of Intro? http://www.ableton.com/live-intro
Yeah thank's I tried that, say's There's no upgrade. I already updated to the Lite Version I guess that's all I can get at this time.

I guess I can email and see, thank's for the replies. :?

cstump

Post by cstump » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Sorry guys, when ever I click that link it sends me back to my account so I guess Lite is it. incidentally I've clicked at least 20 times since I've had an account here hoping for the best and finding out the same thing, no dice. :(

Just thought I would try a post first before I ask, if I'm entitled to that I surely will Email for an Upgrade. :?

cstump

Post by cstump » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:58 pm

funken wrote:You had LE before right? I don't understand how you managed to upgrade to Lite, it should have been Intro by the sound of it.
I just sent them an email, I agree I hope they honor that link my friend and thank's a heap for the help. :wink:

cstump

Post by cstump » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:09 pm

funken wrote:No sweat, let us know how it goes.
That was fast, I received an email from their Sales Dept. with an explanation. The LE version was their entry level Live product which is now Intro, the version I have is specific to the interface and not an LE version and is limited and not equivalent to the former LE version and that is why I was only able to download Live Lite 8.

I was offered a Discount however it was not really as substantial as I had hoped so it will be awhile before I upgrade.

Once again Thank's for the help. :wink: