Need some real good advice!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
trinicapone

Need some real good advice!

Post by trinicapone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Ok here's the thing I want to be able to do this ----------------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG8-zpE39ME&sns=em but I have Serato running Bridge. I have an APC40 with a MPD32. Can I achieve this with what I have or should I get a Machine or Kontrol F1. Will ableton behave the same way with the ease of use.

trinicapone

Re: Need some real good advice!

Post by trinicapone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:22 pm

ShelLuser wrote:If you start by setting the quantization of your clips (session view) to 'None' then you can fire them instantaneous. That's basically what it happening in that video too.

So bottom line; your current setup should be more than enough.

Of course you can also easily use your MPD for this: pull in a drumrack, drop the samples you want to use and you're good to go.
I thought the same. I did the same remix she did with just my APC40 but when it came to me triggering those samples it didn't feel that smooth as the video. But I clearly understand how this can resolve my problems. NI just made it look so easy and tailored to what he/she was doing. I warped the tracks threw them in clips and saved it as a live pack. The Machine and Kontrol F1 is tempting but I don't want to spend more money and have those controllers in the man cave yard buried.

trinicapone

Post by trinicapone » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:25 am

Anyone else

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:33 am

i bought MASCHINE a few months ago....its a pain in the neck to use it with ABLETON LIVE. but that is just me...
its buggy, you have to do a lot to just get maschine to work with ableton (in comparison to the MPD32 and APC40)
im not sure about KONTROL F1.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

trinicapone

Post by trinicapone » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:53 am

ShelLuser wrote:
trinicapone wrote:I did the same remix she did with just my APC40 but when it came to me triggering those samples it didn't feel that smooth as the video.
So what about the MPD ?
I didn't try to remix with the MPD yet. That's sometime this week.

trinicapone

Post by trinicapone » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:55 am

eddiex wrote:i bought MASCHINE a few months ago....its a pain in the neck to use it with ABLETON LIVE. but that is just me...
its buggy, you have to do a lot to just get maschine to work with ableton (in comparison to the MPD32 and APC40)
im not sure about KONTROL F1.
I kinda figured that but NI users makes it look so easy. My biggest task is to get this to work with serato the same way

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:27 am

trinicapone wrote:I kinda figured that but NI users makes it look so easy. My biggest task is to get this to work with serato the same way
Thats because Traktor is super simple to use and the F1/remix decks is modled after Session View, yet tailored for DJing and Remixing in this fashion. The added bonus is that Traktors Midi editing is far superior to Ableton.

That said, you can do what you see in the posted video with your current set up.
As far a "smoother", I am thinking thats because the APC40 buttons are not made for tapping, like the F1 pads.
Yet your still doing the same thing, so I say just practice more.