Screenshots of Live 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Winterpark

Re: Screenshots of Live 9

Post by Winterpark » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:39 am

I suspect that along with the effect collab with Cytomic for the Glue compressor there will be more instrument collabs... possibly with Soniccouture and some kind of new 'Konkrete' drum machine, as they have recently discontinued their Konkrete line.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

alphadelphi

Post by alphadelphi » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 am

All the features in the video impressed me a lot.

The Glue is a nice addiction for drumbus compression, is the cherry on the top of the cake.
The new EQ8 is great, the spectrum integration was a shame.
Luckily the GUI is not so changed, 'cause i like how it is easy on the eyes.

I am really exited and the new features will be much more.

About the leaking: maybe is just a way to say "hey buddies we are working in the meanwhile, as they do at Bitwig" or maybe is just a wrong move by a pothead videomaker, in any case it doesn't change my view: AL9 will be great!

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:10 am

alphadelphi wrote:The Glue is a nice addiction
Glue is a helluva drug.

alphadelphi

Post by alphadelphi » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:21 am

Nokatus wrote:
alphadelphi wrote:The Glue is a nice addiction
Glue is a helluva drug.
LOL, not so cheap when engineered by Andy.

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:58 am

I absolutely hope they involved Stray with his excellent Clyphx scripts for the new version.
They really should pay that guy - a lot - for expending the possibilities and making Live at least twice as good.
Native support for the Clyphx script would be a very good thing to keep things rock steady and I think he would totally deserve Ableton's recognition!

Also, I'm hoping for a dedicated controller that offers much more possibilities than the APC series for example.
Something with a display (for updating information screens to see what's going on) and hardware knobs and buttons for tactile control.

Hope hope ... we'll see soon I guess :)

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 am

Sarrova-Q wrote:I absolutely hope they involved Stray with his excellent Clyphx scripts for the new version.
They really should pay that guy - a lot - for expending the possibilities and making Live at least twice as good.
Native support for the Clyphx script would be a very good thing to keep things rock steady and I think he would totally deserve Ableton's recognition!

Also, I'm hoping for a dedicated controller that offers much more possibilities than the APC series for example.
Something with a display (for updating information screens to see what's going on) and hardware knobs and buttons for tactile control.

OLED screen: check
Knobs: check
Buttons: check
Live API wizard: check

They should hire ST8 too :D

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 am

hoffman2k wrote:OLED screen: check
Is this the controller youve been working on for the last year? Impressed! :D

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 am

hoffman2k wrote: OLED screen: check
Wow looks very cool!!!
How much will this cost and where to buy? :D

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:42 am

hoffman2k wrote:
Sarrova-Q wrote:I absolutely hope they involved Stray with his excellent Clyphx scripts for the new version.

OLED screen: check

They should hire ST8 too :D
what is that?
i want one.
:D

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Its something Stuart Fisher (ST8) and I have been working on last year. But its been on hold for several reasons. Lemur became available on iPad, so that caused some distractions. And Stu is currently moving.
We also have several other controller designs in the works.

This is not an announcement or anything. Sarrova just reminded me to tease this one again.
Its not vapourware if you don't tease it at least once or twice ;)

We somehow managed to ruin the device seen in the pic, but a redesign is definitely in the works.
I'm hoping we can add RGB illuminated encoders.

http://q3f.org/develop/livedevice/

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:33 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Its something Stuart Fisher (ST8) and I have been working on last year. But its been on hold for several reasons. Lemur became available on iPad, so that caused some distractions. And Stu is currently moving.
I don't want to hijack the thread too much, but I think this looks badass and I'd love to ask you some questions. What's the preferred way to get in contact with you? Email, PM, forum thread somewhere?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Warrior Bob wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Its something Stuart Fisher (ST8) and I have been working on last year. But its been on hold for several reasons. Lemur became available on iPad, so that caused some distractions. And Stu is currently moving.
I don't want to hijack the thread too much, but I think this looks badass and I'd love to ask you some questions. What's the preferred way to get in contact with you? Email, PM, forum thread somewhere?
PM's are fine. Though there won't be much new to report for some months.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm

+1000

A live without ClyphX is possible but pointless.

Since this thread is hijacked already, hooray for stray! :D

Schiggy

Post by Schiggy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Man, I am just about getting Ableton Live Suite, now THIS! I hope there will be some info about the release date soon. I don't want to buy Live 8 when they are so close to releasing 9...

hmj

Post by hmj » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:25 pm

petit nuage wrote:interesting....BUT for me an improved PDC will be the best "new" feature !!!
Yeah. Let's talk about the REAL features. I love all the bells & whistles as much as the next man but I want the features that makes Pro Tools HD the industry standard -

Improved PDC
Eucon support
Hardware Inserts
Hardware Delay compensation
Sample Accurate waveforms in the Arrange View
Deep automation features
Tab to transients
I/O Naming, more flexibility

Those are just a few of the big boy features, let's see what Abletons been doing for the last 3 years when it comes to playing in the majors.