re up of live 9 video!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

Re: re up of live 9 video!!

Post by S4racen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:14 pm

condra wrote:Image
Can it be true... hahahahahahaha!

Cheers
D

condra

Post by condra » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:12 pm

if it is true... and if it's true what they said about having to "build live from scratch" to make it possible .... then expect a buggy-as-fuck Live 9 ..

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm

As with any major changes you might expect some bugs with a big rewrite, but you should also get nice shiny efficient maintainable code, among the many benefits of which will be that sorting out bugs should be more straightforward. Bring it on, Able-ton.

audiofeen

Post by audiofeen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Many Bothans died to bring us this information. :)
http://www.soundcloud.com/mikewolf
Live setup: Macbook pro 3ghz 16gb ram, Live 8.x.x, max 4 live, Mpc 1000, Komplete 7, Circle, Akai apc40, Motu ultralite, Krk Vxt8's, and soon a Innerclock Systems sync gen.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:51 pm

audiofeen wrote:Many Bothans died to bring us this information. :)

Awesome. LOL.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

andydes

Post by andydes » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:18 pm

The most interesting thing about all this is we've not had the Abes come in to say something noncommittal as usual.

Hmmm....

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:41 pm

condra wrote:if it is true... and if it's true what they said about having to "build live from scratch" to make it possible .... then expect a buggy-as-fuck Live 9 ..
even if it took them 3 years?

condra

Post by condra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:02 am

Forge. wrote: even if it took them 3 years?
Yes, in my opinion, if they genuinely rebuilt Live from the ground up, there would be hundreds of bugs to get through.

I hope I'm wrong though.

hmj

Post by hmj » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 am

condra wrote:
Forge. wrote: even if it took them 3 years?
Yes, in my opinion, if they genuinely rebuilt Live from the ground up, there would be hundreds of bugs to get through.

I hope I'm wrong though.
I think they learned from Live 8. That's the whole reason they took so long with 9, I think this release will delight everyone in terms of stability and MUCH more than you see in that video.

audiofeen

Post by audiofeen » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:47 am

Well the Live 8 code was really out of control so I hope they did a complete re-write this will make it more stable in the long run, yes there will be bugs like every software this is the world we live in.
Personally I possibly wont be upgrading for a while regardless of when it comes out because I think the updates in the past were way to expensive and i don't have the same income as i did 3 years ago, I hope the take that into account but thats just my opinion.
http://www.soundcloud.com/mikewolf
Live setup: Macbook pro 3ghz 16gb ram, Live 8.x.x, max 4 live, Mpc 1000, Komplete 7, Circle, Akai apc40, Motu ultralite, Krk Vxt8's, and soon a Innerclock Systems sync gen.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 am

Now adding my 2 pennies worth.

Having used Cubase for years and been through their upgrades (always buggy, introduce loads of crap features and useless gimmicks) I love the fact that Ableton put so much emphasis on quality, usability, stability and workflow.

There's nothing worse than working on a song for weeks and then your machine crashes and destroys it all - and you didn't back it up.

This has never happened to me with Live.

I am happy to wait until it works properly - for me a few improvements to midi editing, making Sampler work with automation properly instead of using midi and full 64 bit support and I am happy.

But woe betide them if Bezier curves are not in there - I will surely commit suicide;-)

deva

Post by deva » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:31 am

T-Top wrote:
Ableton 9 really needs the following:

64 Nit Support
:lol: :lol: :lol:

alex808

Post by alex808 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 am

cpu usage?? in the video look high O:O

MusicIsMath

Post by MusicIsMath » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:21 pm

ian_halsall wrote:Now adding my 2 pennies worth.

Having used Cubase for years and been through their upgrades (always buggy, introduce loads of crap features and useless gimmicks) I love the fact that Ableton put so much emphasis on quality, usability, stability and workflow.

There's nothing worse than working on a song for weeks and then your machine crashes and destroys it all - and you didn't back it up.

This has never happened to me with Live.

I am happy to wait until it works properly - for me a few improvements to midi editing, making Sampler work with automation properly instead of using midi and full 64 bit support and I am happy.

But woe betide them if Bezier curves are not in there - I will surely commit suicide;-)
Damn, do you leave your pc on for weeks at a time without shutting down ableton????

I've spent most of my time using Sonar and before that Cubase. Ableton, as good as it seemed to be for myself, wasn't all it had professed to be (at least, not without having to pay for more instruments/max4live and so on. Then we have a haitus of a few years were Ableton do minor updates and little else. Live 9 is probably years over due and chances are, will be the last version...why? because they have taken to long to get their act in gear and now others are coming out strong and fast.

Also the lack of info/correspondence from Ableton and it's forum dwelling reps, really doesn't help things.

andydes

Post by andydes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Chances are that releasing live 9 will sink ableton?

Wait? What?