re up of live 9 video!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Evengy

Re: re up of live 9 video!!

Post by Evengy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 am

i like the improvements. i miss features in live devices to compete with 3rd party software. it seems it will be a thing of the past :D

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:38 am

What they don't show you is as important as what they di.

It's only focussed on the devices, so what's going on with the mail window?
Also,what's with the silver / white same colour mixing desk as Ableton? That might be interesting.

I am intrigued, personally not a bad viral video. It's got me thinking about Ableton a lot so it;s achieved it's purpose....
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

tigali

Post by tigali » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 am

Please don't tell me you think there is dedicated hardware coming?!? My marriage will not survive another large investment in "must-have" equipment. Please Ableton, don't do it to me. Think of my child! I will be forced to steal from elderly people. And nuns.

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Nuns are rich as anything, especially if they are Catholics. Steal away son!

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 pm

tw1nstates wrote:What they don't show you is as important as what they di.

It's only focussed on the devices, so what's going on with the mail window?
Also,what's with the silver / white same colour mixing desk as Ableton? That might be interesting.

I am intrigued, personally not a bad viral video. It's got me thinking about Ableton a lot so it;s achieved it's purpose....

http://vintageking.com/recording-gear/c ... ers/small- format-consoles-mixers/speck-lilo-16-channel-line-mixer

Nothing Abelton - I asked over at KVR and someone recognised it!
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 pm

I sort of feel like the big mixing console has nothing to do with Live itself, but looks good from a marketing perspective -- it sort of helps say: "Hey, Live isn't just for DJs checkin' their email, or Expiremental Dave at the astronomy theater"

If I recall, a few years ago, Live had a hard time with producers taking it seriously as a full-blown production DAW. It's typically scoffed at as merely an instrument (or worse, a toy) by people who use Logic exclusively.

I think the console mixer is just there for visuals. I feel like it doesn't make a terrible amount of sense for a dedicated hardware mixer. The only thing consistent in a Live set is that you have channels, returns, and a master channel. The rest is devices that you are plugging in. Lots of existing midi/usb gear already emulates this.

One thing I've always liked to see more was controllers created for specific instruments. Like an Operator midi controller, or an Analog midi controller. It's hard to make decisions on the best way to map your several controllers together to get a full recreation of the synth. And on top of that, if you map a controller to a device, it doesn't transfer easily to 1) other instances of that device (think blue hand) 2) other sets.

That would actually be a very awesome feature upgrade: Midi presets for devices that can be easily blue handed, saved, and duplicated (without having to write a .py file or whatever).

LIVE X! HURRY UP!. 2019 OR WHAT?! ZOMG EFFFFF.
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Sean_Clarke wrote:
tw1nstates wrote: Also,what's with the silver / white same colour mixing desk as Ableton? That might be interesting.

Nothing Abelton - I asked over at KVR and someone recognised it!
What is this ... we wait 18 years for a new version of Live and when it finally arrives it's hardware !! Also, I already have many white goods, and I don't need more.. 25 years and all they made was this one hardware mixer?!?!?!
most importantly ...how can I read my emails on THAT?!!? typical Ableton!!??
I hope long time users don't have to pay this ridiculous $9,990.00 fee they seem to be asking for this so called "mixer". Where is my brunch menu?

etc.

fixed link
http://vintageking.com/recording-gear/c ... line-mixer

botstein

Post by botstein » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm

ttilberg wrote:"Hey, Live isn't just for DJs checkin' their email, or Expiremental Dave at the astronomy theater"
Yes! May I please quote this in my signature?
ttilberg wrote: "Hey, Live isn't just for DJs checkin' their email, or Expiremental Dave at the astronomy theater."

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:57 pm

kevwestbeats wrote: I am just surprised in the years it has taken to develop Live 9 and all they came up with were updates to the fx. I would have loved to seen a new mixer, some additions to midi editing features maybe an update to the drum rack a new drum synth just a few ideas. The glue compressor looks useful but there are already tons of glue fx out there.
hahahahahha.... thanks for a good laugh today. You're not the sharpest crayon in the box are you?
Professional Shark Jumper.

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Ha, very good.

OK, so no mixer, makes sense.

But, what about what's happening in the main window. Am I not correct in thinking that there's no shots of the main window?

Therefore, something must be happening there.

I hearted the modular idea, something I have been hoping for for about 6 years with Ableton. . . Be interesting to see what happens with this...
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm

God damn it, I did not care one lick about Live 9 or when it was coming and now it's all I can think about.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

I really like the integrated spectrums, but I'm not sold yet. A new compressor is something I'd have to try. Come on, Abes - just publish the rest of the videos already! We're used to waiting, so it's not a dealbreaker if the awesomeness isn't available already tomorrow.

condra

Post by condra » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:00 pm

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:02 pm

botstein wrote:
ttilberg wrote:"Hey, Live isn't just for DJs checkin' their email, or Expiremental Dave at the astronomy theater"
Yes! May I please quote this in my signature?
Lol please do :)
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

andydes

Post by andydes » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:15 pm

condra wrote:Image

Maybe?

2 new buttons. However, they may just be overdub and bta.