Seen the front page? Live 9 is here :o

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
andydes

Re: Seen the front page? Live 9 is here :o

Post by andydes » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:35 pm

cabletone wrote:I wonder how they managed to get automation in session? And how do they deal with the fact that session/arrangement are relative/absolute.
Well he says when you record into arrange, it takes the clip automation with it. I presume, if were also twiddling with parameter with your recording, it would overwrite the clip automation. If you don't, you'd be able to edit the automation in arrange as usual.

Creating scenes from arrange time is an absolute god send to. My number one wish was to have a two way street between the two.

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:36 pm

$599 is a pretty expensive controller. but maschine is $399, and arguably this can do way more than maschine.
it actually can be used as a 64-key velocity-and-aftertouch sensitive keyboard controller, if you can get used to the isomorphic keyboard layout (which itself is VERY cool). most people probably have maschine + a keyboard, and with this, you don't even really need the keyboard - way more compact.

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:I'm so confused. My upgrade page says it will be $299 to upgrade to Suite 9. I own Suite 8. People who buy Suite 8 right now get 9 for free?
you have max4live?

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:I'm so confused. My upgrade page says it will be $299 to upgrade to Suite 9. I own Suite 8. People who buy Suite 8 right now get 9 for free?

Yeah this is confusing me too.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:41 pm

I do not own Max4Live.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

KVK Musikk

Post by KVK Musikk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:42 pm

I'm also wondering about this. I already own Suite 8. Do Suite 8 owners need to pay for the upgrade??

subsynth

Post by subsynth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm really confused about upgrade pricing. I have suite 8 and it's quoting me 399 usd to upgrade to suite 9. That is just ridiculous

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:45 pm

So it's really happening? :lol:

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Of course you need to pay! The free upgrade is only there so that new users don't have to wait several months to buy Live software.
Otherwise they would pay now for Live 8 and be very upset when they'll need to pay again for the upgrade.

If you already own Live 8 for - let's say - a couple of years (like I do) it's only normal to pay for an upgrade imho.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:Of course you need to pay! The free upgrade is only there so that new users don't have to wait several months to buy Live software.
Otherwise they would pay now for Live 8 and be very upset when they'll need to pay again for the upgrade.

If you already own Live 8 for - let's say - a couple of years (like I do) it's only normal to pay for an upgrade imho.

That's quite a hefty upgrade price though. It's quoting me £280 (¢349) to upgrade from Suite 8 to Suite 9, i think that is probably the largest upgrade price i've ever had to pay.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:56 pm

There's definitely a huge amount of stuff included (basically everything I wanted except detachable windows), so it's not the end of the world for me, will still be buying it. I just hope they offer a little bit more off if you upgrade & grab the Push at the same time. $299 for the upgrade & $550 for the Push hurts.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Agreed, the price is questionable (a bit less would be a lot more friendly) but people being upset for needing to pay for an upgrade I just don't understand ......

Live 9 took a lot of work, and people who work like to get paid - I suppose everyone likes that no?
So paying something for an upgrade is only fair, altough you're right it's maybe a bit too much right now (especially for the PUSH combo like Matt mentioned).

modecai

Post by modecai » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Yeah. Upgrade to suite 9 is a bit expensive. It's cool that max 4 live is part of suite though. I guess that's like paying for Max 4 live and a bit more for all the new features. Still. Prob gonna sell my micron to help pay for this haha.

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Guys, it has to be a mistake which Im sure will be sorted out if you give it a couple hours. Theres no way its going to be more expensive for Live Suite 8 -> Live Suite 9 than Live 8 -> Live 9 Suite. Wouldnt make sense and would piss off their customer base. (especially the ones forking out the big bucks).

So just chill out and give it a while! :)

CAN I BE THE FIRST TO SAY THIS FORUM LOOKS AMAZING NOW. ha.

Beige is the new black!