Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Rationalizer
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by Rationalizer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:55 am

Ghost Mutt wrote:I have boxed 8 with a dl upgrade to suite and this is what i was presented with

Image
How did you manage that? I also have the dl version of Live 8 Suite but can't get the boxed upgrade to show. I only see prices for a new license.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

snakedogman
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:04 pm
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by snakedogman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 am

I have Live 8 standard with added Sampler and Operator. I can upgrade now to Live 9 Suite (really: Live 8 Suite with free upgrade to Live 9 Suite) for 149,-
That seems like a fair price, although I don't get an offer to upgrade to regular Live 9 (whilst keeping the extra Sampler and Operator licences I already have)

I'm not really that interested in the extra instruments and sounds that are in the Suite version (although I guess the 9 Suite also contains Max4Live so I would pretty much get that for free which is nice).

o0bigs0o
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by o0bigs0o » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:31 am

USA

Live 8 Suite (download) + M4l

Upgrade to Live 9 Suite $234

PUSH + Upgrade to Live 9 Suite $783
Ableton Live Suite 9.01
Windoze 7:Intel Core I7,Gen1-4GB Ram:NI Maschine:NI Komplete 9:Akai Pro APC 40:
Isotonik 8:Novation Launchpad:OktoPad 2
IPad2 64:Touchable:LivKontrol:TouchOSC

ian_halsall
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am
Location: South London
Contact:

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by ian_halsall » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 am

snakedogman wrote:I have Live 8 standard with added Sampler and Operator. I can upgrade now to Live 9 Suite (really: Live 8 Suite with free upgrade to Live 9 Suite) for 149,-
That seems like a fair price, although I don't get an offer to upgrade to regular Live 9 (whilst keeping the extra Sampler and Operator licences I already have)

I'm not really that interested in the extra instruments and sounds that are in the Suite version (although I guess the 9 Suite also contains Max4Live so I would pretty much get that for free which is nice).
I bought standard, then operator, then m4l, then upgraded to suite.

My price - 199 EUR.

It really seems like the more you spent on Ableton the less favourable the price for the upgrade.

This is a total publicity disaster - how can they get something so badly wrong?

twisted-space
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: UK Midlands

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by twisted-space » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:57 am

ian_halsall wrote:
snakedogman wrote:This is a total publicity disaster - how can they get something so badly wrong?
When you look at some of the stupid decisions Ableton have made over the last 3 years, it's not really suprising to see them f*ck up once again.

redglass
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:43 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by redglass » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 am

tecgen wrote:Germany:
Live 8 Suite + Max for Live => 199 Euro to Live 9 Suite

99 Euros would have been a no brainer, but 199 is much to heavy

Live 8 64 Bit + M4L 64Bit is all what I need.
+1

I totally agree. I purchased 8 Suite - upgraded from Live 5, 6, 7 Suite download to 8 suite download) - and M4L for 249 EUR,
so 99 EUR would be ok, 199 never ever!

pencilrocket
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:54 am

People now upgraded to Suite 8(+Free UPG) from Standard version will be treated in the same way that people now already have Suite 8, when they want to upgrade 9 to 10 in the future :twisted:
Image

gp23
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:58 pm
Location: UK

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by gp23 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 am

Scotty Danger wrote:
dj_blueprint wrote:What's wack is that if I upgrade to Live 9, all the instruments I paid for in Suite 8 won't come with me.
Is this confirmed?
When I contacted support earlier this year, they told me that I would be able to 'upgrade' from Suite 8 to Live 9 standard and retain all of my Suite 8 extras.

Ableton_David
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: Ableton
Contact:

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am

gp23 wrote:
Scotty Danger wrote:
dj_blueprint wrote:What's wack is that if I upgrade to Live 9, all the instruments I paid for in Suite 8 won't come with me.
Is this confirmed?
When I contacted support earlier this year, they told me that I would be able to 'upgrade' from Suite 8 to Live 9 standard and retain all of my Suite 8 extras.
Yes, this is true - if you upgrade from Suite 8 to Live 9 Standard, you'll retain all Instruments and other extras that you had with Suite 8. You won't get any of the new content with Live 9 Suite that isn't in Live 9 Standard, however.

JayNiko
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:44 am
Location: Saint-P, Russia
Contact:

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by JayNiko » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 am

Russia

Live 8 Suite (download)

Upgrade to Live 9 Standard USD 159

Upgrade to Live 9 Suite USD 299

Actually I don't get why they offer me upgrade to Live 9 Standard? And what about my existing Suite instruments? No explanation )

gp23
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:58 pm
Location: UK

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by gp23 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 am

JayNiko wrote: Actually I don't get why they offer me upgrade to Live 9 Standard? And what about my existing Suite instruments? No explanation )
See the post previous to yours. :)

snakedogman
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:04 pm
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by snakedogman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 am

ian_halsall wrote:
snakedogman wrote:I have Live 8 standard with added Sampler and Operator. I can upgrade now to Live 9 Suite (really: Live 8 Suite with free upgrade to Live 9 Suite) for 149,-
That seems like a fair price, although I don't get an offer to upgrade to regular Live 9 (whilst keeping the extra Sampler and Operator licences I already have)

I'm not really that interested in the extra instruments and sounds that are in the Suite version (although I guess the 9 Suite also contains Max4Live so I would pretty much get that for free which is nice).
I bought standard, then operator, then m4l, then upgraded to suite.

My price - 199 EUR.

It really seems like the more you spent on Ableton the less favourable the price for the upgrade.

This is a total publicity disaster - how can they get something so badly wrong?
Strange. So either I could be getting a really good deal, or you are a getting a really bad one. But I believe there is a specific deal for Suite 8 owners still forthcoming "upon release" so you better wait for that.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Or that was said just to shut us up.... :lol:
ImageImage

ian_halsall
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am
Location: South London
Contact:

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by ian_halsall » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:20 pm

It's what's known as a shit sandwich

Ghost Mutt
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by Ghost Mutt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:32 pm

I went through with my purchase anyway, $114 for 9 + boxed suite 8 seemed too good to pass up, could be eating my words come time for this offer.

Sent an email to support asking for confirmation of what was shown in my cart overview but received no response as yet.

Post Reply