Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mauronedj

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by mauronedj » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 pm

If I sell my ableton live suite license for 300E and take another one whit the 25% off I still have a better price for the 9 upgrade...

COME ON ABLETON!

werblex

Post by werblex » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:28 pm

for me now it is 249 euros.. upgrade from live suite 8..
http://soundcloud.com/tommy-walker-3

lenovo thinkpad x220 i5. 4 gig ram. . Yamaha RX5 and a Novation Nova. Ableton 8.whatever . Beer damaged APC40. Focusrite Saffire LE. KRK Rokit 6. Kawai Spectra.

DIgiDennis

Post by DIgiDennis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

New customer:

PUSH + 9 SUITE = €998
9 SUITE = €599
---------------------
Difference = € 399
---------------------

Long time customer (updating from)

PUSH + 8 SUITE + M4L = €648
8 SUITE + M4L = €199
---------------------
Difference = € 449 !!
---------------------
Last edited by DIgiDennis on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowdancerbnr

Post by shadowdancerbnr » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:45 pm

I don't know if there's some issue with Ableton's new site that's producing these nonsensical prices..

Earlier, when I logged into my account, I was informed I don't own Suite 8 (I do, plus M4L).
Now, when I log in, I'm informed I own NO software and NO packs.

What on earth is going on?

shadowdancerbnr

Post by shadowdancerbnr » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:54 pm

funken wrote:
shadowdancerbnr wrote:I don't know if there's some issue with Ableton's new site that's producing these nonsensical prices..

Earlier, when I logged into my account, I was informed I don't own Suite 8 (I do, plus M4L).
Now, when I log in, I'm informed I own NO software and NO packs.

What on earth is going on?
That's because you downloaded cracked software and then dreamed you'd paid for it in a drug fuelled haze.
Given my increasing tendency for getting shafted as a legitimate, loyal purchaser of NI, Apple, Stillwell, Arturia and Sonnox software, I'm starting to see why piracy is so damn popular....

Dean09

Post by Dean09 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 pm

I dont see a Live 8 - Live 9 upgrade path. I purchased LIve 8 about 5 weeks ago. I would think they will have to offer that eventually. I think things will change.

kevwestbeats

Post by kevwestbeats » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I only have Live standard. My ugprade to the suite right now is $194 I saw something saying my upgrade would otherwise be like $400 if I don't upgrade now. Seems like a no brainer to do it before the release.
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/DjKevWest
http://www.Facebook.com/KevWestbeats
http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.

Scotty Danger

Post by Scotty Danger » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:04 pm

funken wrote:
kevwestbeats wrote:I only have Live standard. My ugprade to the suite right now is $194 I saw something saying my upgrade would otherwise be like $400 if I don't upgrade now. Seems like a no brainer to do it before the release.
Yeah but how much is your upgrade to 9 after upgrading to Suite? More than $206 I reckon. So better to wait, surely?
No, anyone who upgrades right now gets Live 9 free when it comes out. That's part of why everyone is pissed right now.
Apogee Duet 2, Jam / Macbook Pro - Lion / Waves RenMaxx / Suite 9
I make organic indie rock/pop with guitars and mics and stuff.

merges

Post by merges » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Yeah, this pricing is definitely wrong-headed and needs to be addressed. I'm writing to them too. They mustn't have thought this through.

omutumo

Post by omutumo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:14 pm

@shadowdancerbnr - You might have a similar problem to me. If I'm logged into the forum then I can't see what products I own... but If I sign into the main ableton site I can't post on the forum! Very weird.

Also, would I be right in saying I will be amongst the most out of pocket in the new upgrade, because I own Suite 8 and M4L? Feels like a massive slap in the face when new customers are getting really good deals, especially if you get Push. Obviously I'd like to buy Push but looks like my initial investment in ableton products is rendered virtually worthless :(

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:16 pm

CHF 226.90 for an upgrade to live 8 suite boxed w/free upgrade to live 0 suite (not gonna correct this typo)
very happy about it
don't like the new website and forum
who cares anyway
I'll be busy in the studio locked away from internet
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:18 pm

mauronedj wrote:If I sell my ableton live suite license for 300E and take another one whit the 25% off I still have a better price for the 9 upgrade...

COME ON ABLETON!
Yeah, + 1.

I would prefer individual pricing upgrade path via my account page, the new front page to Ableton, is briming with new stuff, but I would have prefered an upgrade to the web site page a littl bit at a time, the information is all over the place.

It's not even the Beta yet, just a heads up as to the new stage in Ableton's progress, so no doubt, eventualy your own account will yield the information that's right..

merges

Post by merges » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:19 pm

Snip of what I wrote in:

---
It seems from the thread that many Live 8 owners are being offered an upgrade to Live 8 Suite *now* for USD $104 with a free upgrade to Live 9 Suite.

I have Live 8 Suite and M4L, and my upgrade price is $234 to Live 9. So, the newer or less financially-committed customer pays less than half of what I need to pay to upgrade to the same product. What gives???
---

Edit: hopefully it's clear from the context that my upgrade is $234 to Live 9 *Suite*. But still it is more than double the cost of going from L8-L9Suite. Grumble.

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:24 pm

merges wrote:Yeah, this pricing is definitely wrong-headed and needs to be addressed. I'm writing to them too. They mustn't have thought this through.
I agree Merges

Ive written to them too

The site seems to be messed up ,with the loss of the ( much needed ) link to these forums

Also the pricing policy,well enough has been said already! :cry:

I own Live 8 suite and for me it will cost €249 for the upgrade!! Yet a customer buying a Live 8 standard will get a Live 9 Suite upgrade for free!!!! :cry: ,hmmmmm
Would have been nice if Ableton said something like , to offer the suite upgrade and live standard upgrade at a reduced cost,to thank everyone for their loyal support :D
Last edited by david.barker on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

seenky

Post by seenky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:25 pm

249 euro (199quid) to upgrade from suite 8 to suite 9... shurely shome mishtake!?!
I for one won't be rushing to tip more money in their pockets if that's what's considered fair pricing for existing users. Seems like Bitwig might do quite well out of this if they play their cards right...