Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Scotty Danger

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by Scotty Danger » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Nav wrote:
h4nc0 wrote:234 USD for me. 8 Suite + M4L

Something is seriously wrong with the pricing.
I kind of agree, other than m4l being 'free' even if I dont want it. What am i getting extra other than a skin and maybe a few effects for my £200 upgrade price?

The possibility to use PUSH if I want to shell out at a later date?

Although I am currently wondering if PUSH is a good alternative to Maschine for me, although I love my Maschine.
I"m looking at the same stuff as you guys. $300 to upgrade from Suite 8 to Suite 9, and all I get that I don't already have is M4L and a handful of packs that I'll never use. I'm considering just buying the upgrade to Live 9 instead of Suite 9 because I don't really want M4L right now. As long as I can retain my licenses to Analog, Sampler, Tension etc from Suite 8, I don't see why that isn't the way to go...
Apogee Duet 2, Jam / Macbook Pro - Lion / Waves RenMaxx / Suite 9
I make organic indie rock/pop with guitars and mics and stuff.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:19 pm

sdmiddleton wrote:So I have Live 8 Suite boxed version in UK.

My offer to upgrade to Live suite 9 is €249.

My mate sitting next to me has Live 8 standard, and his upgrade route is €149 to live suite 8 with a free upgrade to live suite 9.

Great for him, but may face is still sore from being kicked.
Just downgrade and get it for the same price - you will still (like me) have wasted your money on getting suite in the first place....

It's a joke - a mess.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

I think they got the fx rates the wrong way round - seriously.

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:27 pm

One thing I'm not seeing is the difference between Suite 9 box/download. They were different prices in the past and the only way to get the large sample libraries before were through the boxed version. Maybe these cheaper upgrade paths (buy 8 and get 9) are only for the download version which will not include all the sample content - just the instruments and core library.

woodsdenis

Post by woodsdenis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 pm

ian_halsall wrote:
sdmiddleton wrote:So I have Live 8 Suite boxed version in UK.

My offer to upgrade to Live suite 9 is €249.

My mate sitting next to me has Live 8 standard, and his upgrade route is €149 to live suite 8 with a free upgrade to live suite 9.

Great for him, but may face is still sore from being kicked.
Just downgrade and get it for the same price - you will still (like me) have wasted your money on getting suite in the first place....

It's a joke - a mess.
Its really stupid price plan, you would think someone would have checked this out before, its so fundamentally flawed is has to be an error. Downgrade, Buy Suite 8 upgrade again and then get Suite 9 free is cheaper than a straight upgrade !!!!

I would hope that the €129 upgrade would get you from Suite 8 to Suite 9 without M4L and additional content. That would make sense.

For the record Suite 8 user
€249 to Suite 9
€129 to Live 9

Fugazi81

Post by Fugazi81 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 pm

fragmentated wrote:One thing I'm not seeing is the difference between Suite 9 box/download. They were different prices in the past and the only way to get the large sample libraries before were through the boxed version. Maybe these cheaper upgrade paths (buy 8 and get 9) are only for the download version which will not include all the sample content - just the instruments and core library.

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/feature-comparison/

-> What comes with the download version?
A Live 9 installer to download from Your Account.
A PDF manual included with your installer.
The same included sounds as the boxed version available for download from Your Packs.

-> What extras do I get if I buy a box?
A DVD with your Live 9 installer
DVDs with all your included Sounds
A printed manual
Stickers ;)

I own Live Suite 8 (download/upgrade) -> upgrade to Live Suite 9 249€ / 698€ (suite9+push)

Nav

Post by Nav » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Don't get me wrong here, I am sure none of us mind paying for upgrades as we bought the software to begin with. It's just not very clear.

The other thing I am confused about is why PUSH at the price only comes with a cut version of the software.

Maschine comes with it's full sequencer software or am I missing the point?

Napole0n

Post by Napole0n » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Nav wrote: The other thing I am confused about is why PUSH at the price only comes with a cut version of the software.

I guess that if Push came with the full software included, the people who already bought Live before they got Push would protest because they would have to pay for software they already own and demand a discount. Or there would have to be 2 different packages (with and without license). This is surely more transparent.

Nav

Post by Nav » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Napole0n wrote:
Nav wrote: The other thing I am confused about is why PUSH at the price only comes with a cut version of the software.

I guess that if Push came with the full software included, the people who already bought Live before they got Push would protest because they would have to pay for software they already own and demand a discount. Or there would have to be 2 different packages (with and without license). This is surely more transparent.
2 different packages. Push with intro or Push with full suite ? That way a version for those who just want the controller or intro software and a version for full suite at the current price?

I guess I cant really compare it to Maschine as maschine isnt a DAW in the sense Ableton is with insturments etc, although it is getting more comlete and does come with Massive now.

_seph

Post by _seph » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:47 pm

In the USA, I have Live Suite 8 Boxed + M4L and their Orchestral Instrument library

Live 9 Standard -------$ 159
Live 9 Suite ----------$ 334

Live 9 Standard + Push -$ 728
Live 9 Suite + Push ----$ 883

this seems very steep to me

agent314

Post by agent314 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:48 pm

The pricing definitely seems like it's least friendly to people who are upgrading from Suite+M4L

Kinda lame.

login

Post by login » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:51 pm

I hope there are still more options to upgrade while buying Push

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm

woodsdenis

Post by woodsdenis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:01 pm

agent314 wrote:The pricing definitely seems like it's least friendly to people who are upgrading from Suite+M4L

Kinda lame.
One other possibility . There are users who have bought Live 8 and then just bought Operator or some other instrument seperately. Are these users going to have to upgrade to Live 9 and buy these again, surely not. Makes me hope that the €129 upgrade from Suite 8 to Live 9 will be compatible with any extra instruments or fx you have bought wether individually or as a bundle (Suite 8 )
Last edited by woodsdenis on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digid

Post by digid » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 pm

People, this will make NO sense unless people with, say, Live 8 (non-Suite) list exactly what they have bought in ADDITION to Live 8.

I have bought for example Sampler and Max For Live, and maybe some other stuff I can't remember, and this surely affects the upgrade price.
Listen to my lovely electroacoustics on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/digidada