Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kent_sandvik

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by kent_sandvik » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:34 am

nutterwithbutter wrote:
kent_sandvik wrote:Live 8 suite was increased $100??? Huh? That's bad marketing.
Fak - I just got home to get my credit card ready for purchase and its gone up EUR100!

DAMN - going to hold off for a bit now while i think this through. it is no longer an impulse buy.
Send email to support@ableton.com and let them know this was bad.

nutterwithbutter

Post by nutterwithbutter » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:36 am

Thanks - I will do, I even posted earlier on this thread saying that it is better to purchase now at the lower price.

I should have just done the online shopping at work.
kent_sandvik wrote:
nutterwithbutter wrote:
kent_sandvik wrote:Live 8 suite was increased $100??? Huh? That's bad marketing.
Fak - I just got home to get my credit card ready for purchase and its gone up EUR100!

DAMN - going to hold off for a bit now while i think this through. it is no longer an impulse buy.
Send email to support@ableton.com and let them know this was bad.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 am

I was content with my upgrade pricing, so I made my purchase last night. Apparently, a good choice.

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:54 pm

for me i will have live9suite for a little price..60 euros

with a little upgrade to live8suite (only one instrument) and a max for live license> free live9suite

i don't understand the strategy of ableton with the live8 suite+ m4l user ...

ChiefNugget

Post by ChiefNugget » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:27 pm

i have 2 licenses now - live lite 8 and live 8 suite (boxed). upgrade prices listed on "shop" section are (in USD)

live 8 lite to live 8+9 suite $472 download and $562 boxed.

live 8 suite to live 8+9 suite $524 download and $637 boxed.

seems to me that the live 8 suite "upgrade" price should simply say "not applicable" because there is not yet anything to upgrade.

on the "Live" tab of the web site, it says upgrade to live 9 suite $299 coming soon. (something like $150 or $200 is more what i expected for suite 8 to suite 9)

i'm really hoping for a great deal where the push is bundled with a very cheap or free upgrade to live 9 suite for existing suite 8 owners.

seems the key for suite 8 owners is to just wait until 9 is released. not sure why that would be a problem for anyone, though i do agree that ableton did a piss poor job by making that upgrade path pricing clear as mud.
I need a baby sit my boys and work the day job plug-in.

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:34 pm

i don't understand

i have 4 license of live lite 8 to sale,

the upgrade price to live 8(live 9 free) is 224 euros or live8 suite(live9 suite free) 374 euros :roll:

download version

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:34 pm

U.S. : Suite 8 Owner : Upgrade to Live 9 Suite. $299.00
Upgrade to Live 9 Standard. $159.00
Upgrade to Live 9 Suite + PUSH. $848.00.

WOW. I want Push but holy fuck! IDK. Probably end up w/ Live 9 Suite.

redglass

I understand better now!

Post by redglass » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm

as an owner of suite 8 and m4l I'll probably go for 9 standard. I'll keep all extra instruments that will be part of 9 suite!
Last edited by redglass on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Live 8 Suite here. EUR 249 to the same Live 9 Suite.
When that happens I'll have more than I need to make music.
Initially I did not buy M4L but being included I fancy it as a nice addition that in the future
could give me more and more especially on MIDI manipulation and my VG99 + GK2 Guitar setup.
:D Waiting for it.
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

cchasson

Post by cchasson » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:36 pm

enomusic wrote:By the way, I sent a note to Ableton regarding the upgrade price for Suite 8 + M4L users, they said:

"Regarding the pricing, please know that existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available."

So, I have faith that they will do us right, I also hope they have mercy as I'm interested on buying the Push upgrade bundle which currently shows up on my account as $789.00 Ouch!!!! :cry:
Ok good news, i have made the same complain but have not yet received an answer.

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 pm

cchasson wrote:
enomusic wrote:By the way, I sent a note to Ableton regarding the upgrade price for Suite 8 + M4L users, they said:

"Regarding the pricing, please know that existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available."

So, I have faith that they will do us right, I also hope they have mercy as I'm interested on buying the Push upgrade bundle which currently shows up on my account as $789.00 Ouch!!!! :cry:
Ok good news, i have made the same complain but have not yet received an answer.
I got a response, they apologized but no correction to the price in my case. If you get a similar response, just email them back. It helps, usually with good companies.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Are you saying it's reasonable?
"NEW FEATURE! : humming detection!" - E129

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:26 pm

ShelLuser wrote:It is too expensive for me, but I don't think Push has been overly priced or so...
Four times as many pads as Maschine too.

Nav

Post by Nav » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:33 pm

THis biggest win/win with the upgrades is PUSH is optional

You can upgrade without it and still enjoy 9 and probably even the step sequencer as I imagine that to be a device or a max for live device.

Get Push later if you want it later :D

Now there's a point.. I wonder what Live 9 without Push to live 9 with Push upgrade price will be? Probably not much in it as it only comes with Intro so your paying mostly for controller only :D

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Nav wrote:THis biggest win/win with the upgrades is PUSH is optional

You can upgrade without it and still enjoy 9 and probably even the step sequencer as I imagine that to be a device or a max for live device.
As far as I know, push step sequences notes directly into live clips, not a Max for Live device. Live clips are infinitely better sequencers than sequencer devices anyways.
Professional Shark Jumper.