New look Ableton website.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lalomartins

Re: New look Ableton website.

Post by lalomartins » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:00 pm

simmerdown wrote:seems a certain amount of misunderstanding has built up between the forum and abe HQ, but its like a catch22; HQ says nothing for 1 year+, no updates on the progress of 9, no mod in the forum no matter what kind of comments are made...over time the assumption evolves that no one is watching, no one cares...then when the forum is potentially 'useful', at the release of 9, the link is taken away and HQ ppl are reluctant to comment in here because of the 'hostile' environment... i suggest the forum would never have had the chance to devolve if there was a regular presence from HQ, or even any, or updates, or responses to direct questions.
Well said, sir. I find it hard to disagree with that, and as I said before, while I'm not in a position to speak for Ableton, at least speaking out of my own feelings, I apologize for our part in this process. We're doing our best to repair the state of things from here on.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Angstrom wrote:It is posited that:

All users of the forums cannot be relied upon for their opinion because they are universally rude and unhelpful

While:
All Twitter users can be relied upon for their opinion because they are never rude, and never unhelpful

Or, is it possible that both Twitter and the Forums are occupied equally by helpful and/or rude people, and that something else divides the feedback into positive and negative camps?
I certainly agree that Twitter isn't the end-all of feedback by any means -- obviously the people on this forum are passionate about Ableton as previously suggested.

But with that said, surely you agree that there is something of a mob mentality on this forum? It might just be me, but I think a lot of these conversations (even completely unrelated to Live 9 / website/ etc) get disrespectful fast, which does no one any good. It's kind of a bummer actually.

edit: lol this post seems more moot now that 3-4 other comments have already been made since starting this post :)
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

gavspav

Post by gavspav » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:08 pm

ttilberg wrote:
gavspav wrote:However in conjunction with the pricing affair and the way it was handled I did experience a loss of confidence in Ableton.
One which I must add I very much hope is misplaced.
Thankfully for us all, Ableton is a music software company and not a marketing company :)

Ableton's main product is Live, not their website -- let's judge them when they actually have a product to release.
You are entitled to your opinion sir but I think you'll find Ableton is primarily a host to these forums - everything else is merely padding.

No just joking you are right of course.

I usually choose my friends from people who are shit at or have no interesting in marketing. Lets hope Ableton 9 is a stormer and the recent mistakes are a minor blip.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:18 pm

This thread isn't going anywhere and has become too negative - I'm going to lock it. Please feel free to continue to offer constructive criticism on this Forum, but please try to avoid hyperbolic or otherwise unnecessarily negative statements.