LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:

Where's that facepalm ascii art? :(
Have a headache? I'm just seeing posting after posting about PDC problems. The solution is simple, use another DAW.

as if this was the only solution. The point of this thread is to get Ableton to fix it. This is a basic, rudimentary, easy to understand concept, have you never seen a support forum before? I like your attitude, just take what you're given and shut up... You can do this all you like, I have my own ideas and they're better than yours.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:

Where's that facepalm ascii art? :(
Have a headache? I'm just seeing posting after posting about PDC problems. The solution is simple, use another DAW.

Also if Ableton had owned up to the fact that they werent gonna fix it, maybe we'd have been using another DAW 2 years ago.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:41 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:Also if Ableton had owned up to the fact that they werent gonna fix it, maybe we'd have been using another DAW 2 years ago.
you never had a problem with Live until someone else pointed out a problem to you. you're using the interweb and not your ears.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

kent_sandvik
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:45 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by kent_sandvik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:42 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:
kent_sandvik wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:

Where's that facepalm ascii art? :(
Have a headache? I'm just seeing posting after posting about PDC problems. The solution is simple, use another DAW.

No headache. Embarassed for you actually.
Seems you have unnecessary worries on your mind, then. Spend more time doing music, instead.

kent_sandvik
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:45 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by kent_sandvik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:
I dont even know why im getting into this but this so off the mark its insane. Put simply Ableton is not fine for collage related clip assembly if you use automation at all AND this automation issue is there regardless of the 'heaviness' or complexity of a track. Biggest misunderstanding of them all is that this issue somehow only affects people doing complex stuff. It just gets worse if your material is complex. Precision can be lost on the most basic project. Also to state the obvious I have already jumped ship to Cubase, thank you ever so much for your expert opinion but look at my most recent posts.
I must confess I've used Live since 2.1 days and I yet have to remember a case where PDC issues hit one of my projects. Then again I don't make complex plug-in sequences in Live, rather using the built-in ones as I use Live as an assembly tool and not as my main DAW where the short fallings from other parts of the app would cause grief (and I don't like grief in my studio, I rather make music.) I still think Ableton should have continued making this the ultimate live instrument, they went down the DAW route and that's now biting them.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:I must confess I've used Live since 2.1 days and I yet have to remember a case where PDC issues hit one of my projects.
it could also be that you did something in Live and it didn't sound good so you undid it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:Also if Ableton had owned up to the fact that they werent gonna fix it, maybe we'd have been using another DAW 2 years ago.
you never had a problem with Live until someone else pointed out a problem to you. you're using the interweb and not your ears.

Tone Deft Ive already come to the conclusion that you are mentally retarded so I dont know why Im replying to you but I can assure you this will be the very last piece of energy I waste on the likes of you.

You're wrong. You're a fool and you know nothing, plz dont communicate with me again.

kent_sandvik
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:45 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by kent_sandvik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:Also if Ableton had owned up to the fact that they werent gonna fix it, maybe we'd have been using another DAW 2 years ago.
you never had a problem with Live until someone else pointed out a problem to you. you're using the interweb and not your ears.

Tone Deft Ive already come to the conclusion that you are mentally retarded so I dont know why Im replying to you but I can assure you this will be the very last piece of energy I waste on the likes of you.

You're wrong. You're a fool and you know nothing, plz dont communicate with me again.
OK. If you think that's a logical way to discuss a technical issue, that's fine for me.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm

lmfao!

time for a group chill pill.

man, as if the Bitwig vs. Ableton and Live 9 releases didn't make this place weird enough, now this? straight jackets for everyone!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm

kent_sandvik wrote: Seems you have unnecessary worries on your mind, then. Spend more time doing music, instead.

Yes, you are an unneccessary worry for me. I would ask please dont tell me what to do. I'll make music when I feel like it, if I want to sit on here bitching about PDC I will, in my opinion this is completely justified and Im sorry, seriously no offence, but your opinion means very little to me, maybe if you made some interesting contribution to this thread...

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:08 pm

kent_sandvik wrote: OK. If you think that's a logical way to discuss a technical issue, that's fine for me.
There is no logic or technicality in these posts. Please dont waste our time. Logical discussion. Technical. Ha.

Also nobody was discussing anything with you. I was speaking specifically to Ableton's ultimate agonist. If you want to have a discussion, read the thread dont just jump in blurting out the first thing in your head. There was NOTHING logical about your post in the context of this thread and Tone is just a wanker, no logic needed there.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Tone Deft wrote:lmfao!

time for a group chill pill.

man, as if the Bitwig vs. Ableton and Live 9 releases didn't make this place weird enough, now this? straight jackets for everyone!

Look a the person saying take a chill pill! The most anger inducing person on this forum, I wouldnt listen to you, you have 0 credibility.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Tone Deft wrote:lmfao!

time for a group chill pill.

man, as if the Bitwig vs. Ableton and Live 9 releases didn't make this place weird enough, now this? straight jackets for everyone!

Look a the person saying take a chill pill! The most anger inducing person on this forum, I wouldnt listen to you, you have 0 credibility.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:
I dont even know why im getting into this but this so off the mark its insane. Put simply Ableton is not fine for collage related clip assembly if you use automation at all AND this automation issue is there regardless of the 'heaviness' or complexity of a track. Biggest misunderstanding of them all is that this issue somehow only affects people doing complex stuff. It just gets worse if your material is complex. Precision can be lost on the most basic project. Also to state the obvious I have already jumped ship to Cubase, thank you ever so much for your expert opinion but look at my most recent posts.
I must confess I've used Live since 2.1 days and I yet have to remember a case where PDC issues hit one of my projects. Then again I don't make complex plug-in sequences in Live, rather using the built-in ones as I use Live as an assembly tool and not as my main DAW where the short fallings from other parts of the app would cause grief (and I don't like grief in my studio, I rather make music.) I still think Ableton should have continued making this the ultimate live instrument, they went down the DAW route and that's now biting them.
Just by this reply, you indicate in several ways that you don't grasp this problem properly. 1) a lot of users have written on this thread (including myself) that they were unaware of the PDC automation issue, it is easy to miss especially if 2) you don't use complex plugin sequences, the scale of the plugin sequence makes it more or less NOTICABLE, it is still there whether you noticed it or not and it's still there at the most basic level. 3) built in plugins have the exact same problem 4) it is a problem for live use as well.

kent_sandvik
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:45 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by kent_sandvik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:
kent_sandvik wrote: OK. If you think that's a logical way to discuss a technical issue, that's fine for me.
There is no logic or technicality in these posts. Please dont waste our time. Logical discussion. Technical. Ha.

Also nobody was discussing anything with you. I was speaking specifically to Ableton's ultimate agonist. If you want to have a discussion, read the thread dont just jump in blurting out the first thing in your head. There was NOTHING logical about your post in the context of this thread and Tone is just a wanker, no logic needed there.
Hmm. This is indeed an interesting discussion about PDC and Ableton Live.

Post Reply