LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
petit nuage
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by petit nuage » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 pm

yes it will sounds a bit naive for some persons but for me its just legitimate .
and EVERYBODY DISCOVERING THIS ISSUE SHOULD ASK ABLETON THAT PDC TO BE FIXED FOR LIVE 8.

we are not live cracked versions's users, so we put money into that soft after all.
and somewhere, all loyal users around the world, who have had faith in this project sincer live version 1.0, are behind the success of this soft/compagny.

for me 2 options :

- total celebration :lol:
or...
- total disappointement :cry:

nothing in between...

and as loyal user its the first time i have this kind of feeling...
and one more time : i would prefer to be an happy and proud ableton user and to begin celebrating it even before its release...

but i have good hopes if people are aware of it, spread the information and ask for it .
Last edited by petit nuage on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

simpli.cissimus
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by simpli.cissimus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Latest rumors:

Ableton will release Live 9 with Push to squeeze some money out of their customers.

They take that money, jump into the next Taxi, drive over to Bitwig and buy the whole thing.

Then they stamp Live 10 all over it and release that one year later...

Boom..., everything fixed, works and better then before !!!
:mrgreen:
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

H20nly
Posts: 15843
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:06 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:
H20nly wrote:Thu Aug 13, 2009

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=121918
sdfak1234 wrote:I've been using Live for a long time, many years since the early versions... I'm a semi-pro musician and I bought an APC40 a few months back, been practising with it and love the POSSIBILITIES of it... but I just had to write for the first time about my absolute frustration at Ableton 7 and especially 8... I know I'm gonna get flamed, but I don't care... I did a big gig the other night and I had to stop mid set because Ableton crashed on me no less than 5 times.... and I know what people are gonna say, blame someone else, 3rd party plugins, bad system, user error, electricity, whatever... like I said I know my stuff, I'm a pretty decent developer myself and I KNOW it's ableton's fault. Legit copy, I even tested the cpu registers and the memory of my machine, stress tested and everything.

More and more bugs have crept in and even in the studio I've had literally hundreds of crashes over every possible thing. I stripped down my set, frozen everything, tested everything multiple times over, cut no corners whatsoever and it still crashed...

The worst thing was that I hyped up the APC and ableton to a bunch of big name artists backstage, and I basically looked like a fool, ableton looked like a joke... and now even though I desperately want to play out with my APC and Live 8, I just cant because it is nowhere near ready for prime time... and apparently no matter what I do I cant make it stable and I like I said I had to write this because it breaks my heart that I cant trust Ableton anymore.. I worry you guys are going the way of Steinberg.... if it's for live use it should be stable.

Live didn't used to be like this. If this isnt sorted out soon, I'm gonna ask for a refund and never use live again... you cant even enjoy using anymore... there is nothing that saps my creative energy more than a crash. No need for replies, I just had to say something, because I dont want other professionals being fooled into thinking this app is stable anymore.
now that you have Cubase 6.5, are you going to upgrade to 7 immediately after the release?

I will certainly try it. Thank you for investing time to look back at my post history... I like how you're bringing up a message I wrote several years ago, a message I've referred to several times in this thread.... it feels like you're trying to prove something... all this proves is that I was pissed off with Ableton A LONG TIME ago... and if you think this is some clever point by emboldening my comment, you're sadly mistaken. This letter was written shortly before the apology letter for Ableton's problems and that kept me using it (you were probably one of the flaming responders, who were all wrong by the way - I envision a similar letter regarding automation for PDC AND THEY DID FIX THE CRASHING ISSUE), but regardless of that, the point is not lost that I loved Ableton as a program and I didn't want to switch, but I actually have done now... that was a straw, PDC is the final straw.... also that message is clearly in regards to the Live8 cycle, 9 isn't even out yet, so what you're saying holds no water whatsoever... so nice try H20, really smart and clever to go looking back at what I said, but unfortunately it's completely consistent with what I wrote here.... I know you really want to drop that super clever comment, but it ain't gonna happen with me. Sorry.

Is this the kind of thing you were referring to with idol threats? I don't even know where to begin with this concept, trying to suggest people are making idol threats... yeah, it's just ridiculous.. someone can waste their time to talk about something and you just negate it. For people reading this thread, you can assume H20 is right all day long, but I actually write honest posts.

actually, i was just wondering if you learned your lesson.

but now i'm wondering; how am i discrediting your words by... posting your words... words that you have "referred to several times in this thread"?


_____________
sdfak1234 wrote:For people reading this thread, you can assume H20 is right all day long

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 pm

H20nly wrote:
actually, i was just wondering if you learned your lesson.

but now i'm wondering; how am i discrediting your words by... posting your words... words that you have "referred to several times in this thread"?


_____________
sdfak1234 wrote:For people reading this thread, you can assume H20 is right all day long

well first of all you wouldn't be discrediting my words by posting my words, that's absolutely right.. but I never said you were discrediting my words so I don't know what you're talking about????. Sounds like you've read something incorrectly here. You keep on stating 'my words' as if there was a contradiction, there isnt any contradiction.

If you were wondering whether I've learned a lesson (not my lesson BTW), then you could've asked that, but I don't actually think that's what you were doing with that post... that doesn't make sense at all, you're kinda back-peddling and losing credibility by stating this. So you went back 3 years into my posts to see if I learned my lesson?? that doesn't make sense buddy. :) and even if it did, why are you asking me whether I've learned my lesson? I think I've been quite explicit and clear about lessons I've learned from this... I mean what's your point? I think you're trying to be combatitve, and I think you're trying to look down upon people... but here's the thing H20, my role in this thread is perfectly clear, what is your role here?
Last edited by sdfak1234 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by simmerdown » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm

now it's clear y'all are pissin in the wind

the Live9/moist pants thread gets read and locked and this hot topic gets...nothing, bupkis, rien, nada....dont hold your breath

H20nly
Posts: 15843
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:24 pm

sdfak1234 wrote: well first of all you wouldn't be discrediting my words by posting my words, that's absolutely right.. but I never said you were discrediting my words so I don't know what you're talking about????.
this:
sdfak1234 wrote:I find it interesting thats besides the issue at hand, we have people trying to discredit others, not by their arguments but by potential inconsistencies from messages wriitten years ago... Its kinda the weakest kind of argument and very telling about a persons motives... Is it to disregard the PDC issues? I dont think so.

my role = poster

as does yours.

however; if you want to take on the role of loudest poster or most repetitive poster... or even most consistent poster, then that's your prerogative. i won't micromanage or psychoanalyze every post in this thread... why would i? there are only 3 types IMHO:

1. user affected by PDC
2. user not affected by PDC
3. user wondering what all this PDC noise is about

from what i've seen... #1 has a tendency to go from 0 to pissy in a heartbeat.

i didn't dig through your posts to find that... but... now that i have found that thread... i find it kind of ironic that you were flying off the handle on people in that thread too... i was one of them.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:35 pm

H20nly wrote: i didn't dig through your posts to find that... but... once i did find that thread... i found it kind or ironic that you were flying off the handle on people in that thread too... i was one of them.
I remember. Lets get somthing straight, on that thread I had a bunch of people telling me I was wrong and just generally doing this talking down thing which I dont like and I feel compelled to react to these comments. At the end of the day I was in the right on that thread, Ableton acknowledged the problem, admitted it and even wrote a statement of apology... Put that into context here and there. I am pissy because Ive lost time work and money. Its extremely serious to me and if someone wants to tease me for it, fine but have your arguments straight because I will be tearing them apart.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:Today we bought our Cubase licenses for the studios, so that's the Live budget spent, big investment but I'm happy we've made this decision, sad to cut our losses, but what can we do.. I just want to make it clear this was due to Ableton's lack of diligence across the board, poor communication, and for tempting us with features they weren't able to deliver after many years of waiting. No more money to Ableton. I've put these recommendations to my clients also. The basic ruling is that Live has shit automation and they've carried that over into session view automation, which is the number 1 feature of this latest release, they focused on a bunch of stuff nobody asked for... it's unacceptable.

The only really sound workaround for this issue is not to use automation. Whether it's studio based arrangement automation, or live automation unless you've got preset instruments and effect rack with no alterations.

thank god, problem solved.

can you fuck off to the cubase forum now?


.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

OzWozEre
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by OzWozEre » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:36 pm

BRING ON THE POPCORN :roll:
Macbook Pro (2.5 Dual, 4gb) / 30" Cinema Display (I don't give a fuck about no multi-monitor support)

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:50 pm

H20nly wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote: well first of all you wouldn't be discrediting my words by posting my words, that's absolutely right.. but I never said you were discrediting my words so I don't know what you're talking about????.
this:
sdfak1234 wrote:I find it interesting thats besides the issue at hand, we have people trying to discredit others, not by their arguments but by potential inconsistencies from messages wriitten years ago... Its kinda the weakest kind of argument and very telling about a persons motives... Is it to disregard the PDC issues? I dont think so.

my role = poster

as does yours.

however; if you want to take on the role of loudest poster or most repetitive poster... or even most consistent poster, then that's your prerogative. i won't micromanage or psychoanalyze every post in this thread... why would i? there are only 3 types IMHO:

1. user affected by PDC
2. user not affected by PDC
3. user wondering what all this PDC noise is about

from what i've seen... #1 has a tendency to go from 0 to pissy in a heartbeat.

i didn't dig through your posts to find that... but... now that i have found that thread... i find it kind of ironic that you were flying off the handle on people in that thread too... i was one of them.
Also I know a lot of people on here struggle with the english language, and irony is a difficult concept to understand but how is it ironic that I was annoyed in the past and even more annoyed now? that's not irony. It's completely logical and consistent... also you originally stated that you wanted to know if I had "learned my lesson".. yet clearly from this response, it sounds like what you were actually trying to make a point about people flying off the handle, your actual motive was to remark about people's tendency to go from "0 to pissy".. get your story straight, and please elaborate on how "ironic" my 2009 post was?? I think it's completely in line with my posts here. by the way YOU ARE micromanaging and psychoanalyzing posts, glad you pointed that out because I didn't mention it. ALSO YOU DID look up my old posts... you didn't just stumble across it, I didn't link it.
Last edited by sdfak1234 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:51 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:Today we bought our Cubase licenses for the studios, so that's the Live budget spent, big investment but I'm happy we've made this decision, sad to cut our losses, but what can we do.. I just want to make it clear this was due to Ableton's lack of diligence across the board, poor communication, and for tempting us with features they weren't able to deliver after many years of waiting. No more money to Ableton. I've put these recommendations to my clients also. The basic ruling is that Live has shit automation and they've carried that over into session view automation, which is the number 1 feature of this latest release, they focused on a bunch of stuff nobody asked for... it's unacceptable.

The only really sound workaround for this issue is not to use automation. Whether it's studio based arrangement automation, or live automation unless you've got preset instruments and effect rack with no alterations.

thank god, problem solved.

can you fuck off to the cubase forum now?


.lm.
Not going anywhere tough guy BECAUSE THE PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED. I am Ableton Live licensed user FYI. What a pathetic response by the way, completely igorant, basic, childish. You couldn't argue with me to save your life... I doubt you've got anything worth saying, but keep your gutter mouth street talk to yourself. No more discussion with you.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 am

look, i'm just saying, crying for 40 pages on this forum isn't going to somehow force ableton to fix PDC for you in live 9. and it certainly isn't going to make them change live 8. You did the absolute correct thing by moving on. If it doesn't work for you, why beat your head against a wall? sell your 8 license too! vote with your dollars, that'll say something.

This is the way it goes EVERY SINGLE RELEASE. some people get the features or fixes they want, and some people don't. and invariably some people say, "This is outrageous! How can anyone make music with this piece of shit! Ableton is going to go out of business because they are stupid jerks!"

Here's the thing, i'm an asshole. I know that. You are also an asshole, but you don't know it.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by simmerdown » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 am

leisuremuffin wrote: Here's the thing, i'm an asshole. I know that. You are also an asshole, but you don't know it.
Quote of the Day right there, hah

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 am

That was some straight gutter mouth street talk. just like advertised!

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Donnie
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by Donnie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:44 am

Quoted!

Post Reply