LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:52 pm

focus.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Tone Deft wrote:focus.
Can I add nonsensical to my list of objections? I guess this is some attempt to be esoteric.

H20nly
Posts: 15838
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by H20nly » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:01 pm

PDC can most likely be fixed.

expecting a feature to be changed via a verbal assault on a DAW forum is somewhat reasonable.

expecting a poster to be changed via a verbal assault on a DAW forum is not so reasonable.


...however, it can be pretty damn funny.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:16 pm

H20nly wrote:PDC can most likely be fixed.

expecting a feature to be changed via a verbal assault on a DAW forum is somewhat reasonable.

expecting a poster to be changed via a verbal assault on a DAW forum is not so reasonable.


...however, it can be pretty damn funny.
Agreed Im just having a laugh... Im kinda proud when you call these 'verbal assaults'. I want my arguments to be strong, I appreciate strong responses back but on point.

To be clear I am actually trying to influence peoples hearts and minds, I cant change people like TD, but I can influence spectators.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 pm

hope this doesn't break any rules, will remove if so, but people may be encouraged to know that this issue is now the 2nd most popular request on the beta forum with 129 stars, to put it into context, number 1 is dual monitors with 171. of course this only represents the views of certain users but serious users certainly, they're contributing, even with this you can extrapolate some things. For me it suggests it's a actually a big problem for serious users, another thing I can take from it is the extent to which Ableton are aware of it, one thing you can certainly take from it is that there doesn't seem to be much debate about it, on the beta forum at least.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 pm

wow. you have zero sense of decorum. dumb move, really, really dumb move.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

petit nuage
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by petit nuage » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 pm

live 10 ???!!!!

@hoffman2k :have they signed a non-agression pact or what ? :mrgreen:

IMO i find that strategy a bit risky considering the competitors but if they love having some thrills after all ...
Last edited by petit nuage on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Tone Deft wrote:wow. you have zero sense of decorum. dumb move, really, really dumb move.
I'm extremely tempted to launch into my own extra powerful 'verbal assault', you wouldn't like it but its too much like shooting fish in a barrel.

Ignoring you again. I don't even understand what you're saying anyway. Bye for now.

theophilus
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by theophilus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:17 pm

here are a couple tips that may or may not help:

- volume shaper or ozsillos mega scope is sometimes useful for detecting sync issues. drop it on a track and sometimes you can see visually if your track is off the grid (depends on what's in your track of course, and how much groove you have). kicking the bpm up very high makes small delays more visible.
- common practice is to do work in 'low-latency' mode, then switch to high-quality oversampled modes on render. this could cause a set with no sync issues to suddenly have them on the render due to additional latency from the high-quality modes, so unless there's a very good reason to do that, probably better to stick with whatever settings you used during composition for the render.

ze2be
Posts: 3455
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Mos Eisley

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by ze2be » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:56 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:"I wasn't trying to be mean with that mentally retarded comment by the way, I was being serious, your points definitely come off as someone with less than optimal intelligence"

"of course this only represents the views of certain users but serious users certainly, they're contributing, even with this you can extrapolate some things. For me it suggests it's a actually a big problem for serious users"
Your coming of as a downright facist. Sitting on top of you intellectual tower, pointing down to the infidels of lesser intelligence, you might not have realised you have shit your pants.

No matter what you say, we can all smell it down here. If theres one person polluting the topic more then anyone, you need to look no further.
? ? ? ? ?

sdfak1234
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:40 am

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:31 pm

ze2be wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:"I wasn't trying to be mean with that mentally retarded comment by the way, I was being serious, your points definitely come off as someone with less than optimal intelligence"

"of course this only represents the views of certain users but serious users certainly, they're contributing, even with this you can extrapolate some things. For me it suggests it's a actually a big problem for serious users"
Your coming of as a downright facist. Sitting on top of you intellectual tower, pointing down to the infidels of lesser intelligence, you might not have realised you have shit your pants.

No matter what you say, we can all smell it down here. If theres one person polluting the topic more then anyone, you need to look no further.
This is going to be last word on this, because I have had it with these hate filled posts from people who are so insecure that they can't even stick to the topic, they love getting into this with me over and over again, time for me to walk away. ze2be, I know you must think that was a really important comment to make, but you're just stirring and I don't care but what I have noticed is that you have NOTHING else to say, that's why you're writing this to me. I'm sorry if I'm more intelligent than you, but I can't help but look down on people like you. By the way, 'infidels of lesser intelligence' doesn't make sense, because infidels are people who lack religious faith???? so this is the level of intelligence I'm dealing with. You won't find examples of me being a fascist. I don't think you even know the meaning of the word, you are WRONG if you think you think this issue has 2 sides - a fascist is a person who has extreme right wing views, you can't be a fascist in this topic, as I have demonstrated, this is not a left wing/right wing issue. AND if you doubt that you really want to look in the mirror because YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.

Now in regards your specific comments, you're demonstrating a lack of intelligence. Your second quote is grabbing at straws at best, I mean, what a poor example of me being a fascist. It makes no sense... your other comment 'no matter what you say'.. this says it all, the attitude of people of this forum, where arguments mean nothing, and how you 'come off' is more important. Tell you what, why don't you go through and get some real examples of me 'polluting' this topic. The only people 'polluting' are you idiotic, insecure, amateur, FANBOYS who the very mention of your precious program being flawed equates to you being flawed. You don't know what you're talking about. Your post is very informative though, I'm sitting up here on my 'intellectual tower', like hell I am, I merely demonstrate that I understand this topic better, I have better arguments, and then when I demonstrate this, you get all pissy that I put you down. Deal with it, grow up. I've never seen a childish bunch of trolls in my life. seriously.

I've received several positive PM's, so I think you're going to have to look further ze2be... unfortunately, we've got too many little kiddies who are happy playing with their toys who would rather believe their music isn't effected... because it's easier for them to swallow. So as I sign off, thanks to all the smart people, the people who know whats up, know the difference between an argument and a 'verbal assault', the people looking down at the 'infidels' (lol) from your 'intellectual towers', you guys stay scientific. To all these hate filled ignorants that I've had to deal with, thanks for giving Ableton so much rope, you've spoiled the quality of the program, you've allowed standards to slide, you've basically given Ableton a get out of jail free card... I just hope one day, you're actually able to use your brains, wake up and realize what is actually going on... and maybe take this lesson away with you, when you get owned on a message board - TAKE IT LIKE A MAN. Don't write stupid shit just because your ego is bruised. Pathetic.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:22 pm

i'm pretty sure you just proved ze2be's point. you really need to relax, man.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Donnie
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by Donnie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 pm

PDC needs to be fixed.

Annoying anti-fanboys also need to be fixed. You cant act like a total douche and expect to be viewed as benevolent at the same time. Posting useful stuff is good but doesnt cause everyone to ignore all the other dumb shit that has been said.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 pm

exactly.

And no one is arguing that PDC shouldn't be fixed. Of course it should! I just think that people need to have some perspective. I feel bad for the users who, for any reason, this issue is crippling. I believe that it is for them, and that sucks. But for me, the PDC issues don't make the program unusable. It has been an annoyance to me, but never been so bad that it outweighs all of the things i can do with the program that simply aren't possible elsewhere. If that makes me an idiot or a fanboy, so be it.


but for fucks sake sdfak1234, take a look at your posts here, you're acting kind of crazy.


.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Donnie
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Contact:

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by Donnie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Honestly, the whole discussion really made me realize why some of my tracks stopped sounding 'right' somewhere in the process. I am appreciative of that. However not one inflammatory stab helped clarify the matter, in this thread or in others. Post info, make a point, but seriously nobody gives a shit about threats of leaving or chest thumping bullshit.

Post Reply