Ableton Live 8 Suite + Max for Live upgrade to Suite 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
regretfullySaid

Re: Ableton Live 8 Suite + Max for Live upgrade to Suite 9

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:42 pm

My Suite download version is an upgrade
"Suite 8 Download (Upgrade)"
plus licenses going back to 5.
What does that mean for me?

T&C says
Ableton Live 8 and Suite 8 as well as upgrades to them include a free upgrade to the respective edition of Live 9 - to be issued as soon as it is released.
How do you upgrade Suite 8, M4L? :?

Code: Select all

David, can you offer some insight as to why Ableton has decided to offer a more expensive upgrade path to Suite 9 for people that already own Suite 8 and M4L?
ImageImage

wasoota

Post by wasoota » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:28 pm

parma wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:Yes, be careful where you're looking at pricing - if you go to the "Shop" tab, you'll see pricing for Live 8, Suite 8, and Live Intro (8 version). For Live 9 upgrade pricing, please make sure that you're logged in and head to https://www.ableton.com/en/live/new-in-9/ . See the bottom of the page for your upgrade offers.
David, can you offer some insight as to why Ableton has decided to offer a more expensive upgrade path to Suite 9 for people that already own Suite 8 and M4L?
Yes please.

The upgrade cost for current Live Suite + m4L Owners should be same (at the most) as for those upgrading to Suite 8 (with no MAX for Live!) under the special deal now. You point out m4L is now included in Live 9, we should be getting an insanely good deal, instead ours is probably the worst deal of all of them. As it stands, I'm waiting for a better deal hopefully later on.

Live is really the only DAW-product that you could run an arbitrage market on. A regular Live 8 license is worth almost $100 more than Live Suite license right now. I should have gone long on Live 8 Vanilla and shorted my Live Suite while it was still in the money. :roll:

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:09 pm

hi everyone - just wanted to direct you to a post that addresses some of these concerns: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185933

robdrums

Post by robdrums » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:26 pm

enomusic wrote:I have LIve 8 Suite + M4L, I'm quoted $239.00 for the Live Suite 9 upgrade.. WTF??????

I wrote Ableton a letter today talking about Suit 8 > Suite 9 prices being way too high.
Read this post

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5111044