Push means APC40 is redundant right?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

Re: Push means APC40 is redundant right?

Post by S4racen » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Ahhhh... I see, that could be achieved with M4L but it would be tricky to get the timing right, you'd need to have a device on each track and have it say with tick boxes that you configure to say that when a clip plays on this track it stops clips on tracks 1 2 and 3...

You could observe the currently playing slot and i think a staus of -1 is triggered ready to fire, all the clips wiould need to be on the same launch quantization as at the triggered to fire status you'd have to send a stop command to the other tracks in question... Then the new clip would trigger at the old one stopping...

Relatively easy to build i'd say...

Cheers
D

ps sorry for the thread hijack but there is a decent one on the go for Push that has Jesse answering which is awesome!

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:37 pm

I dunno,

I own an APC40, a padKontrol,and an LPK25. At present, I don't see ANY advantage in using (Push) pads over keys to make melody (but NativeKontrol has an inexpensive solution), and the pads on the padKontrol are legendary....

The Push is certainly attractive, but I don't see the advantage of the LED's over the computer screen.... It is more integrated to be sure; if I didn't have anything, I certainly would consider Push,
and maybe.. just MAYBE... if I needed intense beat creation on the road.....

But if you already own an APC40; I think a better investment would be the configuration above, unless deskspace is an absolute premium.....

dezguy

Post by dezguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:12 am

I don't see how the Push would make the APC40 redundant. I view Push as being more like an instrument - with velocity control etc. In fact I'm really looking forward to using them together. Seems like it would be a nice workflow.

Cheers,
Mike

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 am

dezguy wrote:I don't see how the Push would make the APC40 redundant. I view Push as being more like an instrument - with velocity control etc. In fact I'm really looking forward to using them together. Seems like it would be a nice workflow.

Cheers,
Mike
Amen. I feelz that, even though I'm the author of this thread haha

Kouben

Post by Kouben » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 am

Warrior Bob wrote:I sure hope so because then I can buy a cheap APC when everyone starts unloading them to buy a Push.
thats exactly what im hoping !!!

bartend7

Post by bartend7 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:06 pm

does the push have a "chop 16" type feature for audio clips or is ableton still asleep on this feature.. an oldie but a goodie.

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 pm

bartend7 wrote:does the push have a "chop 16" type feature for audio clips or is ableton still asleep on this feature.. an oldie but a goodie.
What's the "chop 16" feature? You can't chop samples from Push out of the box as far as I know.