Suite download to Suite boxed upgrade includes Live 9 Suite.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Schwartz

Re: Suite download to Suite boxed upgrade includes Live 9 Suite.

Post by Schwartz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Would there be a reason to buy the boxed version of Ableton Live Suite 8 if Ableton Live Suite 9 is just around the corner...

Do you imagine anything will be left out, since both the download version and boxed version of 9 Suite are the same?

Non-prior Ableton user here, thanks.

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Schwartz wrote:Would there be a reason to buy the boxed version of Ableton Live Suite 8 if Ableton Live Suite 9 is just around the corner...

There's around €110 reasons
Pepezabalas upgrade cost him €88.90, and he gets a free upgrade to Suite 9, my upgrade will be €199 minus some undisclosed future discount, even though we own the same products as far as I can tell.

Schwartz

Post by Schwartz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:05 pm

twisted-space wrote:
Schwartz wrote:Would there be a reason to buy the boxed version of Ableton Live Suite 8 if Ableton Live Suite 9 is just around the corner...

There's around €110 reasons
Pepezabalas upgrade cost him €88.90, and he gets a free upgrade to Suite 9, my upgrade will be €199 minus some undisclosed future discount, even though we own the same products as far as I can tell.
Thanks for that quick reply! :D

I can buy the full, boxed version (not upgrade) at $637 USD or the full, download version at $524 USD... The only difference I've found is the Essential Instrument Collection 2, printed manual, and stickers.

It seems like if, indeed, Live Suite 9 will have the same content as the Live Suite 9 boxed, then they may both also contain the EIC2 or 3? I don't know if I need that stuff either (besides a manual).

I guess, someone in my place, would make the most economical choice with a download of Suite 8 now. Yes?

Just asking for an opinion or two.

Thanks,

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Schwartz wrote:
I guess, someone in my place, would make the most economical choice with a download of Suite 8 now. Yes?

Thanks,

Yes

Schwartz

Post by Schwartz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:19 pm

twisted-space wrote:
Schwartz wrote:

Thanks,

Yes

Appreciate it.

Ghost Mutt

Post by Ghost Mutt » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:03 am

puzzlefactory wrote:Well it appears this has worked for me. I just got an email from Ableton support saying that I have a Live 9 license attached to my account that will become active once it's released.
Psyched. I haven't received a reply from them but i took the same route as you, lucky i got in before the window shut it seems..