Suite download to Suite boxed upgrade includes Live 9 Suite.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ghost Mutt

Re: Suite download to Suite boxed upgrade includes Live 9 Suite.

Post by Ghost Mutt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 am

deaddisneyy wrote:Nope! Mine looks like this:

Heavy, not sure how that works.
Also not sure why mine said it also includes an upgrade discount to suite 8..

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:57 am

Well i've seen what has happened with my account. Instead of upgrading my suite from "download" to "boxed" it seems to have added a session drums license to my Live Lite license. I guess i'm going to have to contact support.

snoop

Post by snoop » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 am

deaddisneyy wrote:Nope! Mine looks like this:

I´d say, you went to the merchandise section and chose to buy the "empty box", not an update. THe box is 34,- Euros. That should translate to something like 40 $. Could that be the case?

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Well it appears this has worked for me. I just got an email from Ableton support saying that I have a Live 9 license attached to my account that will become active once it's released.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:44 pm

hmm, I did the same thing right now (upgrade to boxed from suite download incl. max4live) and it also said that the upgrade to 9 is included. resulting in a price of 88.90 EUR.

But the confirmation mail doesn't mention anything on live9, and my account on the abletoin web neither.

hm, hm .

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:46 pm

I actually contacted support asking about it because it made my account go weird. It was in the reply that they told me about the license.

Post by 102455 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:50 pm

How are you guys doing this?

Where are you finding the option to "upgrade" to a boxed version?

The only way I can see is to go to the shop page, scroll down to merchandise, choose Suite 8, box only (no serial) @ EUR 34
and add to cart - which doesn't give the desired result. It just seems to be "buying a box" and not upgrading to it.

What steps are you taking?

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 pm

The option was just there in the shop. There are the three upgrade options plus the "boxed" options underneath.

Post by 102455 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:59 pm

The only option I get (from my Suite 8 Download license) is to purchase another license.

If I select Boxed Suite 8 from there, it shows all the included items that have been pictured here, inc. Live 9 upgrade - but it's FULL PRICE.

poonti

Post by poonti » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:06 pm

The problem is that for Suite 8 + M4L owners, there's nothing to upgrade *to* (according to the web site after logging into your account). The Live 25% info is for "an additional license", and the boxed versions are only "merchandise", not upgrades. Somehow, having M4L causes this. I'll just wait for the discounts to be sorted for Suite 8 + M4L owners...if it's not, I'll just forget about Live 9 at release.

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:09 pm

102455 wrote:How are you guys doing this?

The only way I can see is to go to the shop page, scroll down to merchandise, choose Suite 8, box only (no serial) @ EUR 34
and add to cart - which doesn't give the desired result. It just seems to be "buying a box" and not upgrading to it.

I'm in the same boat, I have Live 8 suite (download), M4l and a few other packs. I only get the option to buy a new license, not to upgrade to boxed.

I have a "see upgrade offers" button,

but when I click it I get

C'mon Ableton! You really need to get this sorted out, WTF is going on with these upgrade offers?

Oh and by the way, it's great that you're an equal opportunity employer and all, but I'm really not sure that hiring a colour blind web designer was a good idea.
Last edited by twisted-space on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 pm

I wouldn't worry too much. At the top of this forum is a sticky thread about upgrade prices. In it Ableton state that there will be a special upgrade price for suite owners it just won't be made available until closer to the release date.

There just seems to be a little loop hole right now for those of us who have suite but don't have Maxx...

Post by 102455 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:19 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:There just seems to be a little loop hole right now for those of us who have suite but don't have Maxx...
Yup, that seems to be the case right there. Oh well, no hurry - Jan/Feb/Mar is a way off yet.

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:I wouldn't worry too much. At the top of this forum is a sticky thread about upgrade prices. In it Ableton state that there will be a special upgrade price for suite owners it just won't be made available until closer to the release date.

There just seems to be a little loop hole right now for those of us who have suite but don't have Maxx...

Yet some people that own suite + m4l can upgrade:
pepezabala wrote:hmm, I did the same thing right now (upgrade to boxed from suite download incl. max4live) and it also said that the upgrade to 9 is included. resulting in a price of 88.90 EUR.

snoop

Post by snoop » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:51 pm

twisted-space wrote:
102455 wrote:How are you guys doing this?

I'm in the same boat, I have Live 8 suite (download), M4l and a few other packs. I only get the option to buy a new license, not to upgrade to boxed.

I have a "see upgrade offers" button,

but when I click it I get

C'mon Ableton! You really need to get this sorted out, WTF is going on with these upgrade offers?

Oh and by the way, it's great that you're an equal opportunity employer and all, but I'm really not sure that hiring a colour blind web designer was a good idea.
Hm, this looks exaktly like my "upgrade options" - but I have the following:

suite 8, dowload, upgrade
NO Max4Live!

So shouldn't there be an option to upgrade to the box version of suite 8??

Oh please, Abes, shed some light on me / us!