Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm

oh never mind. that sale is actually over. the panties were tagged incorrectly by one of our associates. if you would have purchased them at the time you would have got a real deal, but the mistake has been corrected now.

tissue?

ttilberg

Re: Max comes with 9 but....

Post by ttilberg » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 pm

adamdegraff wrote:Hey,
I'm currently a 8 suite user. I'll be upgrading to 9 suite when it's out. Just recently I was thinking of getting Max for Live. I see there is a discount right now. But I'm all for saving a buck or two. So... if I buy M4L right now, will it lower my price on Live 9 which comes with M4L?

Thanks.
Hey Adam,

It will lower your upgrade cost by $65. That said, if you can hold out long enough, I think you'll get a better deal by upgrading to 9 Suite since you are planning on upgrading anyway.
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:11 pm

As I said before, I think what Ableton have done is bad practice. Saying 'oh we made a mistake...' is lame. They had 3 years to get their pricing right. They knew it would be a keenly awaited launch, they should have prepared.

I am voting with my feet. My licence is up for sale on the 'for sale' forum.

There are plenty of alterntives, I am going to choose one of them.

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:25 pm

mendeldrive wrote:
tommyecho wrote:Can anyone in the United States who ONLY has Live 8 standard without Max for live please tell me what the price is for them to upgrade to Live 8 Suite now? Is it $299, or is it more? Just curious. . .

Thanks!

Tom
I'm in the US and I own Ableton Live 8 Standard without M4L. Upgrade to Live 8 Suite + free upgrade to Live 9 is $299 for me.
Well, I guess there are still some inconsistencies happening. I have Max for live and Live 8 standard, so my upgrade should cost $299 minus $65 equals $234. :?: Annoying.

OzWozEre

Post by OzWozEre » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 pm

exper wrote:
jonny72 wrote:
exper wrote:But that's just it. The pricing has gone up significantly. See my previous post. Before this week, Standard 8 to Suite 8 Boxed was $309. Now its $469.
The pricing hasn't gone up, there was an error which has now been corrected.

The current pricing is in line with previous versions of Live.

What are you talking about? It has:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ableton-Sui ... 1445674.gc

Are you going to deny that now?
Exper, you're totally right of course!

Hey boys & girls lets play a game! It's called:

25% discount & Free Live 9 Upgrade!"

shall we?

But then AWESOMENESS HAPPENSSS!!! LIVE 9 launched! Let's login to my super secret account and see what goodies I get!

But something strangey happens -- all the current Live 8 users grabs their pitchforks and cry!

"HEY NO FAIR Y U B DISCOUNTING MY SWEET BY 25% NOW MY UPGRADE PRICES ARE TOO MUCHY, IT SHOULD BE FREEEE!"

Then, Mr Abe realises there is a "mistake" and that the price was "wrong" all along...

... let's see what happens now Boys & Girls!

THE END!

Thanks for playing Boys & Girls, and remember, if you find where that pesky 25% discount went, let us now!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Macbook Pro (2.5 Dual, 4gb) / 30" Cinema Display (I don't give a fuck about no multi-monitor support)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 pm

it probably went the same route as your spell check.

i.e. phrased incorrectly.
Last edited by H20nly on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 pm

". . .haha. and how is it fair to compare the upgrade from standard to Suite??? my upgrade price from Suite 8 + M4L to Suite 9 is USD234, and Ableton have indicated that they will offer a better deal closer to launch. "

And here's the info I was looking for: I have max for live and it is registered in my account. For some reason, it isn't offering me the expected $234 price that you got. I even contacted support about this, and their email seemed confused about the matter. What a mess. . .

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:00 pm

In an alternate universe Steve Jobs is installed as the CEO of Ableton. First day the marketing shows the product line and pricing.

Steve: "What is this crap? Too confusing. Throw it all away."

Steve goes up to the white board and makes a box and draw one line across and one line over.

Steve: "See, you have four markets. Live Lite and Live Full. Live Lite either comes with content or not. Same with the full Live set. Set good prices and if someone wants to upgrade, the upgrade price is pretty much the price difference. Keep these prices around for a long time so customers trust you concerning pricing."

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm

meh.
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:11 pm

ttilberg wrote:
I'm currently a 8 suite user. I'll be upgrading to 9 suite when it's out. Just recently I was thinking of getting Max for Live. I see there is a discount right now. But I'm all for saving a buck or two. So... if I buy M4L right now, will it lower my price on Live 9 which comes with M4L?

Thanks.
Hey Adam,

It will lower your upgrade cost by $65.
where do you get this information ?

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:27 pm

all this talk about alienating a large percentage of Live users is just bubble thinking based on spending too much time on the forum. Out of the 5 - 10 Live users I know well in my local area I am the only one who even pays attention to Ableton's pricing strategy, let alone flash in a pan stuff like last week. most people just buy the software and use it to play music live - update when they have some money around, sell some records. this whole thread is really similar to the threads on Bitwig, Live 8 needing an update etc etc. are you all this intense in real interactions with real people?!?!

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm

oddstep wrote:all this talk about alienating a large percentage of Live users is just bubble thinking based on spending too much time on the forum. Out of the 5 - 10 Live users I know well in my local area I am the only one who even pays attention to Ableton's pricing strategy, let alone flash in a pan stuff like last week. most people just buy the software and use it to play music live - update when they have some money around, sell some records. this whole thread is really similar to the threads on Bitwig, Live 8 needing an update etc etc. are you all this intense in real interactions with real people?!?!
That was indeed my approach since 2.1 days, never bothered about the upgrade prices, just paid the new version and that's it. Until this time with all the ad hoc pricing schemes alienating existing customers.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:40 pm

3dot... wrote:
ttilberg wrote:

Thanks.
Hey Adam,

It will lower your upgrade cost by $65.
where do you get this information ?
https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/live-9-faqs/ wrote:I already own Max for Live, do I get a refund if I purchase Suite now?
The Suite 9 upgrade price for Max for Live owners in our webshop has been automatically discounted, and it’s 50 EUR / 65 USD / 65 CHF lower than a regular upgrade.
Being that the robots (web apps) handle this type of stuff, it's going to look at your account and say "Is M4L Authorized? Okay! -$65." -- so regardless of if you bought it now, or two months ago, the discount will be taken into consideration as part of your final upgrade cost.
Last edited by ttilberg on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:41 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:
oddstep wrote:all this talk about alienating a large percentage of Live users is just bubble thinking based on spending too much time on the forum. Out of the 5 - 10 Live users I know well in my local area I am the only one who even pays attention to Ableton's pricing strategy, let alone flash in a pan stuff like last week. most people just buy the software and use it to play music live - update when they have some money around, sell some records. this whole thread is really similar to the threads on Bitwig, Live 8 needing an update etc etc. are you all this intense in real interactions with real people?!?!
That was indeed my approach since 2.1 days, never bothered about the upgrade prices, just paid the new version and that's it. Until this time with all the ad hoc pricing schemes alienating existing customers.
That's true, but there have never been so many options to move from and to before either.

andydes

Post by andydes » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:50 pm

I have live 8 suite and max4live.

Apparently I can upgrade to live 9 for 129 euros without the new suite content (presumably keeping what I already have), or for 199 euros get the orchestral instruments and the other live packs they're adding.

Orchestral instruments is 4 packs that used to sell for 150 each.

All sounds fine to me.