Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 pm

show me one company that sells a product on it's own website and also at retail outlets for the exact same price and i'll show you 1000 companies whose product can be bought cheaper at the retail outlets than their own website.

this isn't new folks... unless you're 18 years old and just got your first debit/credit card, in which case it's only new to you.

the logic here is that the retail outlets help companies sell their products... not that the source company outbid all their retail outlets. why bother having retail outlets at all then? - because shipping things is fun? :|

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 pm

One thing I'm unsure of is the upgrade to Max 6. I currently own Suite+M4L, but recently bought the cross grade to Max 6 standalone. If I upgrade to Live standard at €129, then I retain my M4L licence. The only reason I would pay to upgrade my M4L license is to have Max 6. Since I already own Max 6 as a standalone, is there any point in me doing this?

I have feeling I've answered my own question in writing it... :oops: Have I?

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm fairly sure that if you already have an authorization for M4L then if you upgrase to Live 9 standard your M4L will still be authorized, you just need a copy of Max 6 (paid or demo mode) to make it work.

You can still buy M4L separately from other devices, without buying the suite. As with other devices you will retain your authorization when upgrading to a new version of Live.

When you upgrade to the suite the price calculation makes an adjustment for any devices that you already own.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

The Northern Contingent

Post by The Northern Contingent » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Yes - I thought as much. I've a feeling I am going to go the 'standard' upgrade route when the time comes. It all depends, of course, on the discount Ableton offer on release.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:00 pm

I havé live 8 suite, I m willing to upgrade to suite 9 for 150. And I would buy push for 350 more.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Ya I'm a Live 8 Suite owner and it says my upgrade to Live 9 Suite is $299.00!!!!!
That's fucking insane to me. I really hope we get a significant discount when it's released.
I've dropped ridiculous amounts of$$$$ w/ Ableton. Hoping they hook it up a little.

I'll have to upgrade regardless, but I'm a broke as DJ/Producer. A lil love and customer appreciation would be nice.

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:05 am

Theo Void wrote:Ya I'm a Live 8 Suite owner and it says my upgrade to Live 9 Suite is $299.00!!!!!
That's fucking insane to me. I really hope we get a significant discount when it's released.
I've dropped ridiculous amounts of$$$$ w/ Ableton. Hoping they hook it up a little.

I'll have to upgrade regardless, but I'm a broke as DJ/Producer. A lil love and customer appreciation would be nice.
+1

Would be nice if they offered a better deal to those who have been supporting them with upgrades for many versions.
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

login

Post by login » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 am

Ben_Binary wrote:
Theo Void wrote:Ya I'm a Live 8 Suite owner and it says my upgrade to Live 9 Suite is $299.00!!!!!

+1

Would be nice if they offered a better deal to those who have been supporting them with upgrades for many versions.
they have stated that already, it will be a disccount on release.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 am

login wrote:

Mine seems to have showed up. it's $234 for Suite. Push remains $549 extra so it seems the best bet is to get the upgrade now and wait on Push, get it for $499 or less next summer.

wasoota

Post by wasoota » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 am

Machinesworking wrote:
login wrote:

Mine seems to have showed up. it's $234 for Suite. Push remains $549 extra so it seems the best bet is to get the upgrade now and wait on Push, get it for $499 or less next summer.
Nah that's same as always, some weird upgrade price if you insist on paying more now. The mysterious special release upgrade pricing remains shrouded in mystery. If you really want to max out your spending you can buy m4L now too. It's almost as much as the upgrade to suite 9, which would indicate the Upgrade alone (Suite 9 upgrade quote minus m4L price) is about $40. That would indeed be a sensational upgrade price. :roll:

What a stupid idea this whole thing is, or certainly badly executed. If there's to be special release pricing for current users, don't show people who would qualify any price now. Or show them the special release price, but greyed out. Or something. But don't put up a link "See your prices" that shows a price that according to them is not the best achievable upgrade price and the disclaimer is on an entirely different page. Is that to trick me into buying anyway or what? And Upgraders to 8 get an early bird special discount, current users of 8 get the chance to pay more?

How can a company so consistently mess up something so elementary as pricing. Utter chaos. Every time.

Guvnah

Post by Guvnah » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 am

Any guess what the upgrade to live 9 suite from live 8 suite will be? People are mentioning that the cost might change after 9 is actually released.

The current price is 300 for those that have checked their upgrade cost currently?

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Hey Ableton - Any incentive to purchase Max For Live for Live Suite 8 owners?

Maybe my best option is to buy PUSH and Live9 only then avoid Ableton software upadtes til theres a LiveX deal?
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Guvnah wrote:Any guess what the upgrade to live 9 suite from live 8 suite will be? People are mentioning that the cost might change after 9 is actually released.

The current price is 300 for those that have checked their upgrade cost currently?

I have Live 8 suite boxed version and the upgrade to 9 suite is qu0ted at 249 euros

meanwhile I can buy a new Live 8 suite license for 412 euros and upgrade to 9 suite free of charge.

This puts the residual value of my 8 Suite at 163 euros :cry:

Surely this can not be right. can it?
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 am

crumhorn wrote:

I have Live 8 suite boxed version and the upgrade to 9 suite is qu0ted at 249 euros

meanwhile I can buy a new Live 8 suite license for 412 euros and upgrade to 9 suite free of charge.

This puts the residual value of my 8 Suite at 163 euros :cry:

Surely this can not be right. can it?
Don't underestimate 'the man'

Hd

glennv

Post by glennv » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 am

Actually i am most interested in the price for people who have shelled out in the past (like myself) for a full boxed suite * and a max4life.

As sofar i have only seen mentioning discounts for current suite8 owners. But what about that extra value of already having max4life being calclated somehow in a discount value? Or has it becoe worthless all of a sudden due to the included m4l in suite9.

Would be very unfair if owners and non owners of current m4l would pay the same for the new suite9/m4l.

My gut tell me i will be screwed.....