Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
massenmedium

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:34 pm

shpongled wrote:I got exactly the same thing. What seemed like a reasonable (but not insignificant sum to upgrade to Suite then Live 9) and now it shoots up to 254 Euro from 179 Euro.
This has been handled very badly.
Well that's about the same (apparently) as it is to upgrade from Suite 8 to Suite 9 so is it so bad?

tesla3090

Post by tesla3090 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I also just had the price jump up by almost $80, could we get a response as to what is happening?

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:43 pm

tesla3090 wrote:I also just had the price jump up by almost $80, could we get a response as to what is happening?
That's what this thread is about. Did you read the first post? Not that it necessarily answers your question but there's the response.

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:49 pm

What a shame the longest thread about live 9 is this one.
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

tesla3090

Post by tesla3090 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 pm

I did, it doesn't answer my question though. I'm upgrading from 7 suite. I had added the 8 suite upgrade to my cart yesterday but was waiting on an email back from support before I bought. I just checked my cart a few minutes ago and the price had shot way up. Basically if I had purchased yesterday I would have saved $80... So I want to know why the change.

kcearl

Post by kcearl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Sean_Clarke wrote:What a shame the longest thread about live 9 is this one.

yup..I dont come here often but theres quite a few pissed off owners on other sites and Im not sure the explanation here covers it

Szuumm

Post by Szuumm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Yesterday's prices were wrong... you snooze, you lose.

kcearl

Post by kcearl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:54 pm

tesla3090 wrote:I did, it doesn't answer my question though. I'm upgrading from 7 suite. I had added the 8 suite upgrade to my cart yesterday but was waiting on an email back from support before I bought. I just checked my cart a few minutes ago and the price had shot way up. Basically if I had purchased yesterday I would have saved $80... So I want to know why the change.
Id suggest contacting support

when Studio One offered upgrades at a discounted price recently it overlooked owners of a previous version...eventually they offered a discounted price to those who contacted them directly, hopefully Ableton will do the same...if not suite was never a priority...and certainly not at $300 free upgrade to Suite 9 in 5 months or not

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:54 pm

tesla3090 wrote:I did, it doesn't answer my question though. I'm upgrading from 7 suite. I had added the 8 suite upgrade to my cart yesterday but was waiting on an email back from support before I bought. I just checked my cart a few minutes ago and the price had shot way up. Basically if I had purchased yesterday I would have saved $80... So I want to know why the change.
I'm sorry, you're right - there was another response today -
Ableton_David wrote:Hey everyone - you might have noticed some changes to Live 9 upgrade pricing on Ableton.com - due to a bug in our system, the base price for upgrading to Suite 8 was set too low. Our apologies for this error. The prices that you currently see when logged in to your account are the correct ones.

kcearl

Post by kcearl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Szuumm wrote:Yesterday's prices were wrong... you snooze, you lose.
no..Ableton do :lol:

Stealth Elf

Post by Stealth Elf » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Pretty infuriating to be honest. If a product is wrongly priced in a shop and you take it to the counter they sell it to you for that price. This feels like I've take it to the counter and they've snatched it out of my hands and slapped a bigger price tag on it. Today has gone from "Ableton take my money!" to "What's the url for Bitwig's website again?".

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Yesterday's prices were wrong... you snooze, you lose.

i bought my upgrade to suite yesterday.. hope it will be good for the future live9suite

Stealth Elf

Post by Stealth Elf » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 pm

fabrice segura wrote:Yesterday's prices were wrong... you snooze, you lose.

i bought my upgrade to suite yesterday.. hope it will be good for the future live9suite
I put mine into the cart at the cheaper price though. Ableton is already ludicrously priced compared to it's competitors and hiking them up like this is only making things worse.

kcearl

Post by kcearl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Stealth Elf wrote:Pretty infuriating to be honest. If a product is wrongly priced in a shop and you take it to the counter they sell it to you for that price. This feels like I've take it to the counter and they've snatched it out of my hands and slapped a bigger price tag on it. Today has gone from "Ableton take my money!" to "What's the url for Bitwig's website again?".

thats called consumer power...if bitwigs less that $284 youre quids in :mrgreen:

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 pm

To everyone who is confused/frustrated about the price change - again, apologies on our end for this. It's an error that went up yesterday and that we had to correct today. Please get in touch with customer care if you had a cart going or were going to buy, at http://ableton.com/support/contact. Please also allow us some time to get back to you - our support team is working quite hard at the moment, as you might imagine.

In the mean time, for those asking about the specific Suite 8 introductory discount for upgrading to Live 9 Suite - we're working to get that show on ableton.com as soon as possible.

Thanks for bearing with us while we sort things out with the new site!