Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
filter_7

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by filter_7 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:15 am

Ableton_David wrote: It sounds like you're looking at the shop page, which, if you already own Suite 8, might be showing you the price for an additional Live 8 / Suite 8 license. Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount upon the release of Live 9 Suite.

Please don't forget the users that like me have bought separately Ableton 8 Suite boxed + Max for Live.

Thank you

dave dove

Post by dave dove » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:17 am

@ableton david

i think the issue here is one of transparency:

users come to the live site and see targeted upgrade prices
which is fine and all very 'personal marketing'
what they don't see is information about how these are calculated
and there appear to be different offers for people with similar current licences
so users perceive that there may be unfairness which will cause negative responses
not just for the 8 suite owners, who at the moment do not know their offer
but for other users also
and all that anybody would ask is to understand why/how different upgrade prices are calculated

there is also a lack of clarity on what happens to current licences
for instance:
can i sell my original m4l, operator usw licence once upgraded to live9 suite
or does it get swallowed up in the upgrade?
is there an option to upgrade a live8 edu licence to a live9 edu licence
or is the upgrade for a full licence?

i think ableton need to address these issues quickly and clearly

looking forward

dave

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:19 am

They should take down this area of the site and/or fix it.

It's pissing off a lot of people.

Napole0n

Post by Napole0n » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:23 am

dave dove wrote:@ableton david
can i sell my original m4l, operator usw licence once upgraded to live9 suite
or does it get swallowed up in the upgrade?
Upgrades always 'swallow' the previous license, that's the reason you get a discount in the first place. It's a bit like exchanging a car, you pay less for the new car by trading your old one in. So I doubt it you can sell or transfer your original license(s) to others.

dave dove

Post by dave dove » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 am

@Napole0n

yes i'm sure that's the case
but some people in this thread seem to think otherwise
and as there are no explicit statements it is not clear to all

dave

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am

Come on ableton all those misunderstood prices make me hungry!
Yes, you read correctly!

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 am

Beside suite 8, I have also NI maschine and a pioneer djm800, so am I eligible for a free coupon for Push? ( that would be fair honestly).

Thank you !

rubo

Post by rubo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:15 am

Will there be an education price for push?

Post by 102455 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 am

Yes I want a discounted Push too, because I will need to educate myself in order to use it.

:lol:

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 am

You know what I sat brothers and sisters ?, get through christmas first and wait for the whole thing to simmer down, check every now and then for new news, beta's and videos and see what happens a the true launch sometime in the new year.

My personal issue, is how to save 700 euros ontop of everything I have to spend out, over the christmas period, whatever happens, I aint now and never will be first on the scene to buy gear, it just aint possible. 8)

Szuumm

Post by Szuumm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:34 am

I'll happily upgrade straight away to a buggy L9 since I assume I can continue using my stable L8 in parallel.

banned

Post by banned » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:44 am

stringtapper wrote:So I guess some people in this thread aren't actually reading David's first post? :?

They already said they're giving the Suite 8 -> Suite 9 upgraders a deal upon release. So the price you're seeing isn't what you will end up paying (assuming you can wait until the release).

You even know roughly how long you have to save up for it ffs. :lol:
That still does not clear up the question that has been raised a couple of times: will owners of M4L + Suite 8 get a *better* deal than owners of Suite 8 only? If not, Ableton would be punishing early adopters of M4L, probably pissing them off.

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:52 am

@ ABLETON

This cock-up is all over every thread on most music forums (KVR, Gearslutz) and is certianly taking the shine of what should have been a great release. You need to post something big and obvius on the opening page of the site, quickly, or I suspect this will be all anyone talks about.
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:53 am

Yeah but if you use Max chances are you're kind of "in to" being punished.

shadowdancerbnr

Post by shadowdancerbnr » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Ableton_David wrote:
shadowdancerbnr wrote:Still awaiting a reply from support but I don't quite understand why, with the arrival of this new Ableton site, my authorizations appear to have been downgraded. I own Suite 8, yet I'm offered the option to upgrade from Live 8 Standard to Suite. I did that over 3 years ago!

Also, why is the fact that Live 9 is not yet released relevant to withholding upgrade prices for Suite owners when everyone else's upgrade paths are "clearly" displayed?
It sounds like you're looking at the shop page, which, if you already own Suite 8, might be showing you the price for an additional Live 8 / Suite 8 license. Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount upon the release of Live 9 Suite.
No, I'm not. I just received an email from support saying I do not own Suite 8. But I do....it's just that the new account page has somehow missed out some of my packs and info, etc. Live's splash screen says "Suite 8" and I have Collision and Amp.....but support say I do not. Is this an error caused by changing the Ableton site?