Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kent_sandvik

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by kent_sandvik » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Well, me myself I have a hard time believing that a big company does not check their online store pricing before they hit the 'save' button. Or minutes afterwards. So I trust what they put out and assume that's the pricing for at least a couple of weeks. Now I know. I don't trust their pricing strategies at all.

Russell Krauch

Post by Russell Krauch » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 pm

I was all set to order today when this happened. Yes I understand mistakes happen but this is a bit much to take. Abelton, wipe the egg off your face and offer the original price even if it's just for a couple of days. The price of Ableton upgrades has gotten way out of hand.

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Russell Krauch wrote:I was all set to order today when this happened. Yes I understand mistakes happen but this is a bit much to take. Abelton, wipe the egg off your face and offer the original price even if it's just for a couple of days. The price of Ableton upgrades has gotten way out of hand.
Agree. Give a short grace period. Saves the face of the company.

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Last edited by massenmedium on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:55 pm

massenmedium wrote:Loyal and valued customers who want to put the boot in over an error and don't want to pay for new stuff.
You should call them soon ex-loyal customers, Ableton could still fix the damage. I give them some days.

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:58 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:You should call them soon ex-loyal customers, Ableton could still fix the damage. I give them some days.
Can you explain what it is you've lost due to a mistake being made here?

Maybe they should just close the company to demonstrate how contrite they are. Yeah that's probably the best move for everyone concerned I think. Phew, glad justice has been done.

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:02 am

massenmedium wrote:
kent_sandvik wrote:You should call them soon ex-loyal customers, Ableton could still fix the damage. I give them some days.
Can you explain what it is you've lost due to a mistake being made here?

Maybe they should just close the company to demonstrate how contrite they are. Yeah that's probably the best move for everyone concerned I think. Phew, glad justice has been done.
Marketing 101: You give a good price. People get exited. You correct the price without giving a grace period. People get really annoyed.

freqn

Post by freqn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:03 am

kent_sandvik wrote:
massenmedium wrote:Loyal and valued customers who want to put the boot in over an error and don't want to pay for new stuff.
You should call them soon ex-loyal customers, Ableton could still fix the damage. I give them some days.
I used to believe strongly in this company. I'm willing to give them another chance and change my signature if they fix the damage within a few days.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 am

does anyone know why Ableton has removed the link to the forum from their website? i don't get it.

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:16 am

radialson wrote:I used to believe strongly in this company. I'm willing to give them another chance and change my signature if they fix the damage within a few days.
The only damage is in your heads.

Do you seriously think they would *deliberately* set some prices way too low (everyone knew they were too low) for one day and then have to adjust it and put up with all this? Really, why would they do that?

Russell Krauch

Post by Russell Krauch » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:17 am

On second thought I'm less upset about this. Now might be a good time to buy Synthwerk.

freqn

Post by freqn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 am

Last edited by freqn on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

OzWozEre

Post by OzWozEre » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:24 am

Let's recap the last two days shall we?:

DAY 1 (Price Mistake) -- HEY! All these Live 7 users are getting too good a deal! If they are only paying *that* much why the fuck am I paying more? I bought all the upgrades till now! NOT FAIR!

DAY 2 (Price Mistake Fix) -- HEY! The price for my upgrade from Live 7 has *magically* gone up and extra $1XX bucks! WTF is this? I *was* gonna buy it at that price, I even added it too my cart, really I was. You must honour this! NOT FAIR!

Conclusion: Either you were happy on Day 1 or on Day 2; NOT both :)
Macbook Pro (2.5 Dual, 4gb) / 30" Cinema Display (I don't give a fuck about no multi-monitor support)

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:51 am

massenmedium wrote:
radialson wrote:I used to believe strongly in this company. I'm willing to give them another chance and change my signature if they fix the damage within a few days.
The only damage is in your heads.

Do you seriously think they would *deliberately* set some prices way too low (everyone knew they were too low) for one day and then have to adjust it and put up with all this? Really, why would they do that?
Are you in Ableton's marketing department when you are so sure about what happened? Maybe they saw all the purchases and got worried about their profits? Who knows. Anyway, it does not look pretty.

freqn

Post by freqn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:56 am

kent_sandvik wrote:
massenmedium wrote: The only damage is in your heads.

Are you in Ableton's marketing department when you are so sure about what happened? Maybe they saw all the purchases and got worried about their profits? Who knows. Anyway, it does not look pretty.
Well stated.
Last edited by freqn on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.