Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
login

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by login » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Apologies for the confusion - if you're seeing new prices, it's because we've just adjusted our pricing to correct an error in the back-end of ableton.com. Thanks for bearing with us as we work out the kinks in the new site.

So this is not the new price for the up?

Because it's not a 25% off the old price of a suite upgrade from live 8, the price went up to 399 from 265.

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:57 pm

It doesn't say save 25% on Suite 8.

Mr-Bit

Post by Mr-Bit » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:03 pm

long term user been upgrading since V4 (operator sampler and M4L) this morning checked my upgrade path was 149euros for suite upgrade thought great can afford that so put it in my cart left for work put the cash in my account just got back and its now 224euro damn!

I should have bought it on my credit card there and then like my friend did I'm GUTTED!

login

Post by login » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:06 pm

massenmedium wrote:It doesn't say save 25% on Suite 8.

so what is that big red circle with "save 25%"?

And then get live 9 FREE!!!

That is misleading advertisement.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 pm

login wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:Apologies for the confusion - if you're seeing new prices, it's because we've just adjusted our pricing to correct an error in the back-end of ableton.com. Thanks for bearing with us as we work out the kinks in the new site.

Because it's not a 25% off the old price of a suite upgrade from live 8, the price went up to 399 from 265.
Correct - this reflects the base price for upgrading to Suite 8. We erroneously had the wrong one listed yesterday.

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Heh.

Suite 8 > Push + Suite 9 also seems to have moved up 48€

So what's that got to do with the base price of upgrading to Suite 8?

I mean if this information helps - I was looking at 649€ yesterday, now it's 698€.
Last edited by massenmedium on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Mr-Bit wrote:long term user been upgrading since V4 (operator sampler and M4L) this morning checked my upgrade path was 149euros for suite upgrade thought great can afford that so put it in my cart left for work put the cash in my account just got back and its now 224euro damn!

I should have bought it on my credit card there and then like my friend did I'm GUTTED!
Please get in touch with customer care, at http://ableton.com/support/contact

Mr-Bit

Post by Mr-Bit » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Ableton_David wrote:
Mr-Bit wrote:long term user been upgrading since V4 (operator sampler and M4L) this morning checked my upgrade path was 149euros for suite upgrade thought great can afford that so put it in my cart left for work put the cash in my account just got back and its now 224euro damn!

Please get in touch with customer care, at http://ableton.com/support/contact
Thanks have done

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Ableton_David wrote:
ilya.soloviev wrote:So does it REALLY mean if i upgrade my Live 8 to Suite 8 now, i will get Suite 9 (incl. Max For Live) for free when it will be out?

Thanks for answer.
Yes - Live 9 Suite includes Max for Live.
Edited so I could quote it:
Wait now, did I read this right? If I have ableton 8 suite and upgrade to 9 suite I get M4L free? Hmmm, that wouldn't be a bad thing in of itself. Push looks VERY cool/interesting. $600 for it is is a bit outta my price range since I don't make money on my releases as of late. So justifying a cool looking controller for *fun* semni-pro usage (no live stuff) is a bit much.
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

login

Post by login » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Ableton_David wrote:
login wrote:

Correct - this reflects the base price for upgrading to Suite 8. We erroneously had the wrong one listed yesterday.

MMM, No the normal price to upgrade to suite was 265 download and 300 boxed. That was the price without discount for many years. last christmas with the sale it was $176 to upgrade.

So why is now 399? 135 usd more...

It doesnt make any sense at all that now with a 25% off the upgrade is more expensive that the old no discounted price.

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Ouch! I just logged in with my credit card to upgrade to 8 suit but "my price" has doubled since yesterday!!! What IS this? I was close to buying yesterday, too bad I didn't. With the doubled price I'm holding back until the mess is cleared out.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Per Boysen wrote:Ouch! I just logged in with my credit card to upgrade to 8 suit but "my price" has doubled since yesterday!!! What IS this? I was close to buying yesterday, too bad I didn't. With the doubled price I'm holding back until the mess is cleared out.
Please get in touch with customer care about this, at http://ableton.com/support/contact

shadowdancerbnr

Post by shadowdancerbnr » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Per Boysen wrote:Ouch! I just logged in with my credit card to upgrade to 8 suit but "my price" has doubled since yesterday!!! What IS this? I was close to buying yesterday, too bad I didn't. With the doubled price I'm holding back until the mess is cleared out.
Same here. This nonsense needs to be sorted out before I shell out. Stinks of a rush job all round. :|

jgerry

Post by jgerry » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:50 pm

My upgrade price from 7 to Suite 9 went from $224 to $307 since yesterday.

My offer for Push + upgrade to Suite 9 is $948 (minus the $599 cost of the push) puts the software upgrade worth $349.

Some points for you Ableton:

1) You're not going to make owners who spent big dollars on Suite 8 + max happy about their upgrade pricing by raising the prices for everyone else.

2) You're pricing for Push with upgrades / discounts makes no sense. Why would I do that when it costs more than upgrading the software and buying the Push separately?

3) You guys have really screwed the pooch on this one.

I am absolutely not spending a dime until this is all worked out. I expect most people will feel the same way.

Question: if people paid the lower prices yesterday, are those prices being honored? Just curious, because either way sucks for someone.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:54 pm

@ Ableton David - if we all pay an extra dollar, a pound, a euro, whatever extra during the upgrade phase... will you change the website from nutsack color back to white?

thanks
H

P.S. i'll throw in another dollar for all black font again.