Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alphadelphi

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by alphadelphi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:02 pm

When i go to the shop i see:
Upgrade to
Live 9 Suite
EUR 249€ (striked)
EUR 199e

Coming Soon
So i can't update my Live 8 to 9 now?
I have to wait after the 5th of March?

Then it will cost 199€?

thank you

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 pm

It goes on sale on march 5th, 2013 and that's the pricing for you if you found that via you being logged in and checked at the shop.
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

alphadelphi

Post by alphadelphi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:17 pm

thank you. i'll wait.

Illwave

Post by Illwave » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Anyone else having trouble with the educational version?

I am in a school where we receive an educational version of Live 8, however certain people in my school got to upgrade to Live 9 for FREE (educational versions, not personal) and others (myself) were rescinded the Live 9 Beta and only have Live 8 Suite available...

Pretty frustrating that certain people with the same discount as myself can download Live 9 Suite and I cannot. :cry:

kayhel

Post by kayhel » Fri May 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Evil_Banana wrote:
rluk wrote:Sorry guys, I have to whine somewhere too :D

Really-really ableton, 3 years, fixed automation, (no PDC fix) and upgrade eq and compression to competitors level and asking the same price some ask for full DAWS?
Another unhappy camper here for sure.
+1
Logic for example is going way under normal prices, I'm happy to pay a little extra for normal prices, economy doesn't run on free stuff only. But 1 thing Logic Pro got down is CLARITY. No bullshit, no 17 upgrade paths or stringing along with "special offers". 1 version, a decent library, everything included, everybody gets everything.

Come on man, I paid a good deal of money to buy L8 Suite and have EVERYTHING. You don't go around and offering me 250E for Suite or 130E for Standard? You're downgrading customers, you don't do that!
Should have given Suite owners 1 upgrade path only for 1 price, 200 Euro by default, 40 Euro discount at launch. Suite owners remain Suite, no downgrades and hybrid Standard L9 users with Suite instruments. And I'm pretty sure net income will remain the same since people who are willing to pay 130 will probably be able to pay 200 as well to get everything, however not 250.
I will not upgrade for 1$ if automation PDC and Metering Sync is not fixed. Shame on you, ableton! Still on 8Suite Boxed (which i _never_ever_ had bought when i had known about their massive PDC issue - my printed manual from the ox still doesn't mention it - you just stated that "feature" after the bug was known, thats _so_bad_ behaviour) :(
Bitwig 1.0, Live8 Suite Boxed, Studio One Professional, Melodyne Assistant
Komplete Ultimate, Sylenth, Ozone5