All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 65  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 8
fabrice segura wrote:
for me the upgrade price for live8 suite: 59 euros i 'm a owner of m4l
-free live 9 suite

very nice 8)


As an owner of Live Suite 8 + M4L I assume I won't be paying more than 59€ for an upgrade then?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:58 pm 

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:04 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Australia
If I purchase the boxed version of suite 8, will I receive the boxed version of suite 9? Or will I be receiving a download-only?

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/jinksi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 pm 

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:56 pm
Posts: 160
Location: Sevilla
I own max for live and live 8. I already upgrade today to Suite for 179 euros and get the free Suite update to Live 9.
How is possible that people that don,t have max for live and only live 8 get an upgrade to suite 8 and free suite 9 for 149 Euros???
I fell cheated right now.I,ve been using Live since version 4 so i pay a LOT since then.
I will sell my license of max for live 8 when i get suite 9 to pay what i see as an injustice for owners of max for live and ableton live 8 on the upgrade path.You are going to lose your better customers, just saying!!
Please , clarify this or it,s the last time you get my money.


Last edited by the bite on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 pm 

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:22 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Magdeburg (Germany)
I bought Ableton Live Suite 8 on January, 2012. What does it mean, if I want to upgrade to Suite 9? What I have to pay? Not really the 249€, right? (which would be a bad joke)

_________________
Prypjat Syndrome - spheres of the cello (an experimental live ambient cello project)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 pm 

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:37 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Brooklyn
yes, it seems like the M4L license is not reflected in the upgrade price from Live 8 to Live Suite 8. This is all fine and good but some clarity would be appreciated. Can anyone from Ableton confirm this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:25 pm 

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:48 am
Posts: 123
Location: nice/france
for me ... i had all the instruments without - sampler-

the upgrade for the 8 suite was 79euros(the price of sampler i think)-20 euros discount=59 euros

and for max for live i don't know, i bought my license 4 days ago :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:28 pm 

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm
Posts: 35
agent314 wrote:
Quote:
Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available. We apologize for any confusion or frustration from our oversight in not making this discount clear on ableton.com, and ask for your patience as we iron out the kinks in our new site.


This seems to be the biggest fly in everyone's ointment so far - glad to see that it's being taken care of (whether or not it was a post-hoc response to grumpy fans :) )



I think my letter might have helped :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:31 pm 

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm
Posts: 35
david.barker wrote:
Woah!!


Nice to hear Ableton are listening,now thats great to hear Live 8 suite owner are to get a discount on release :D :D

Obviously as a new site there are going to be a few issues

Thank you Ableton Dave for the clarification



I wrote a letter earlier today to Ableton - I think they got it :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 pm 

Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 6:25 pm
Posts: 414
fabrice segura wrote:
for me ... i had all the instruments without - sampler-

the upgrade for the 8 suite was 79euros(the price of sampler i think)-20 euros discount=59 euros

and for max for live i don't know, i bought my license 4 days ago :roll:


You were in a fortunate position then, in that you didn't have to go far to upgrade to Suite 8 and that presumably qualifies you for the free upgrade.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:41 pm 

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:32 pm
Posts: 13
As an owner of a full price Ableton 8 Suite and M4L, I expect Ableton to make the upgrade price to Ableton 9 Suite to be VERY minimal. In fact, anything over $50 would be an insult. Personally, I think those that own that combo already should get a complementary update since non of the new features really jump out at me other than 64 bit.

Please Ableton, price this upgrade fairly for your most valued customers who have paid premium prices on your products.

- Z


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 pm 

Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 6:25 pm
Posts: 414
zsklar wrote:
Please Ableton, price this upgrade fairly for your most valued customers who have paid premium prices on your products.

Why did you pay 'premium' prices and not the normal prices?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 34
Location: NY/Amsterdam
zsklar wrote:
As an owner of a full price Ableton 8 Suite and M4L, I expect Ableton to make the upgrade price to Ableton 9 Suite to be VERY minimal. In fact, anything over $50 would be an insult. Personally, I think those that own that combo already should get a complementary update since non of the new features really jump out at me other than 64 bit.

Please Ableton, price this upgrade fairly for your most valued customers who have paid premium prices on your products.

- Z


I feel exactly the same way.

We, in this case, have paid full price for MaxforLive AND Suite 8. I can't afford much beyond $50 for session automation (which basically just eliminates the effort of workarounds) and a few other tweaks to the program...

Nice that the EQ is revamped, but I own some nice 3rd party EQs already.
Nice that theres an SSL style bus compressor, but I own Cytomic's "The Glue" already.
Nice that there is curved automation... but M4L features give me essentially the same thing already.

Not trying to sound snobby, but if you are a customer in this position who has spent some money on extras, the workflow features aren't worth all THAT much.
I am most excited about 64 bit, and the new "Slice ____ to new midi" feature... seems really promising!

Now, I love Live to death and don't wanna hate on them, but please be good to us Ableton on this suite 8 to suite 9 price!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 am 

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:22 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Magdeburg (Germany)
deaddisneyy wrote:

I feel exactly the same way.

We, in this case, have paid full price for MaxforLive AND Suite 8. I can't afford much beyond $50 for session automation (which basically just eliminates the effort of workarounds) and a few other tweaks to the program...

Nice that the EQ is revamped, but I own some nice 3rd party EQs already.
Nice that theres an SSL style bus compressor, but I own Cytomic's "The Glue" already.
Nice that there is curved automation... but M4L features give me essentially the same thing already.

Not trying to sound snobby, but if you are a customer in this position who has spent some money on extras, the workflow features aren't worth all THAT much.
I am most excited about 64 bit, and the new "Slice ____ to new midi" feature... seems really promising!

Now, I love Live to death and don't wanna hate on them, but please be good to us Ableton on this suite 8 to suite 9 price!!


Exactly that's true.

_________________
Prypjat Syndrome - spheres of the cello (an experimental live ambient cello project)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:12 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 pm
Posts: 27
Still awaiting a reply from support but I don't quite understand why, with the arrival of this new Ableton site, my authorizations appear to have been downgraded. I own Suite 8, yet I'm offered the option to upgrade from Live 8 Standard to Suite. I did that over 3 years ago!

Also, why is the fact that Live 9 is not yet released relevant to withholding upgrade prices for Suite owners when everyone else's upgrade paths are "clearly" displayed?

_________________
Facebook
Soundcloud
Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:23 am 

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 34
Location: NY/Amsterdam
To make things clear: if current Live 8 users are able to upgrade from 8 to 8 Suite for €64, the upgrade for existing 8 Suite users should cost NO more, and hopefully less (that is if Ableton wants to show some love to the customers who already purchased 8 Suite).

Hopes are high! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 65  Next

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group