All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:22 pm 

duncjam wrote:
Quote:
Can't you just upgrade to suite 9 and not use max.

It's not clear that Max is an optional install with Suite 9. Besides, upgrading to Suite 9 would amount to paying extra for something I am never going to use.

I totally agree with you duncjam

Im only interested in the Suite upgrade and its sounds and features.
Although Max for Live is very nice,its not necessary.Would be a better option,to let the customer decide whether to purchase this or not,as in the current version.

I think,that M4L is added to boost the upgrade price,I dunno maybe I'm wrong who knows.Looking forward to see what the figure will be to upgrade to Live 9 Suite :?:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:39 pm 

Hurry up bitwig :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 pm 

david.barker wrote:
duncjam wrote:
Quote:

It's not clear that Max is an optional install with Suite 9. Besides, upgrading to Suite 9 would amount to paying extra for something I am never going to use.

I totally agree with you duncjam

Im only interested in the Suite upgrade and its sounds and features.
Although Max for Live is very nice,its not necessary.Would be a better option,to let the customer decide whether to purchase this or not,as in the current version.

I think,that M4L is added to boost the upgrade price,I dunno maybe I'm wrong who knows.Looking forward to see what the figure will be to upgrade to Live 9 Suite :?:

Dude this is how it is in live 9. Buy standard 9 and buy the sound packs you want alacarte. It's all available as one off pricing. Then you maintain your current live 8 devices you may already own, and don't pay for m4l

That said, it's probably cheaper to spring for Suite in the end. You get way more content for less. But they certainly haven't removed any ability to buy one-off stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:57 pm 

duncjam wrote:
Quote:

I'm fairly sure it was quite clear in the Ableton media event, web page about Live 9 and feature comparison charts that Suite 9 has M4L as a standard inclusion. As has been said before, if you already have all the instrument packs you need & don't want M4L just upgrade to 9 Standard. Buy optional add-ons from the store as required...
:D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 pm 

david.barker wrote:
duncjam wrote:
Quote:

I would think what was necessary was up to each individual, as I'm sure there are many who would not use the full range of available instruments, sound packs, effects etc that are included with such a large bundle as Suite. Suite is just that, a full-featured package, the flag-ship of the line. If Ableton left certain items out of suite because certain individuals thought they 'weren't necessary' you would only end up with a whole other bunch of people complaining because they wanted those things!

Could everyone please take a reality check and start thinking positively about how we can use these new releases and features constructively to make some great music? Otherwise why are we all here? To moan & complain? What a terrible waste of time and energy! The mere fact we have computers, internet connectivity, software and hardware to allow us to play around with all these fantastic toys available to us show how truly fortunate we are in the grand scheme of things. Take that thought and go out and make the most of your good fortune. It is my sincere wish that everyone can stay healthy, happy, positive and creative!

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”

Last edited by artpunk on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:14 pm 

EVERYBODY SHUT UP

end of the day although unfair and random it's not a lot of money anyway

so shut it you slaags

https://soundcloud.com/ian_halsall/sets/mhtrtf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:13 am 

Quote:
Could everyone please take a reality check and start thinking positively about how we can use these new releases and features constructively to make some great music? Otherwise why are we all here? To moan & complain? What a terrible waste of time and energy! The mere fact we have computers, internet connectivity, software and hardware to allow us to play around with all these fantastic toys available to us show how truly fortunate we are in the grand scheme of things. Take that thought and go out and make the most of your good fortune. It is my sincere wish that everyone can stay healthy, happy, positive and creative!

See? THIS is what we need more of in the forums. Not people posting walls of text complaining about how their feature not being included is the worst thing that's ever happened to them and how they're going to stop using Live, honestly, they're leaving, they're done, they're selling their licenses, just as soon as they make a few hundred more posts about how terrible Ableton are.

I am really excited about the prospects of the new release. Lots of new features that will help my workflow out, as well as the prospect of a fully integrated hardware solution to play with.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:19 am 

^ +1 and Amen to that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:57 am 

ian_halsall wrote:
EVERYBODY SHUT UP

end of the day although unfair and random it's not a lot of money anyway

so shut it you slaags

You first. Please don't spout brainlessly it's not a lot of money.

BTW, Since Abelton honored their end, I honored mine and bought the Suite. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:03 am 

agent314 wrote:
Quote:

See? THIS is what we need more of in the forums. Not people posting walls of text complaining about how their feature not being included is the worst thing that's ever happened to them and how they're going to stop using Live, honestly, they're leaving, they're done, they're selling their licenses, just as soon as they make a few hundred more posts about how terrible Ableton are.

I am really excited about the prospects of the new release. Lots of new features that will help my workflow out, as well as the prospect of a fully integrated hardware solution to play with.

Why? Do you want it to reek of "faboism" like the Props forum? Or resemble EWQL were they ban disgruntled users? Not everyone is a flower child singing Kum Ba Yah. IF you want that, start your own forums.
Get a sense of reality that sometimes talk is cheap on the web. I haven't seen a lot of Abe licenses for sale at the KVR market place.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:17 am 

kitekrazy wrote:
Get a sense of reality that sometimes talk is cheap on the web. I haven't seen a lot of Abe licenses for sale at the KVR market place.

:lol:

and you won't, because the dogs think that if they bark loud enough some magical poster from Ableton HQ will swoop in and save the day, but at the end of it they're back to doing what ever they were doing before the barking began.

woof!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:24 am 

Quote:
Not everyone is a flower child singing Kum Ba Yah. IF you want that, start your own forums.

@ kitecrazy - Ha! I am certainly not a flower child and I can't stand KumBaYah! (I nearly strangled my guitar teacher when he suggested I learn that in the early days)
How you or anyone else think and react to events external to you are something only you have control of. No-one else is driving the bus that is your brain. If people don't want to take what I suggested at face value and actually be thankful for what they have got, and spend their time being productive, that's up to them. If they would rather bitch and moan, that again is up to them, but I suggest it is an incredible waste of time. Everything is a balance, no-one needs to start their own forum, although frankly, I would be relieved if all the nay-sayers took their destructive whinging elsewhere, but that aint going to happen.
I'm all for constructive feedback, but that really isn't what we have been seeing here.

edit: just reviewed this reply after coming home from work, my you could be construed a bit personally. My apologies. I have edited my reply to reflect that the 'you' refers to any and every individual (including myself) facing any given situation. I would like to emphasise that I don't think kitecrazy has been the one making destructive, negative, nihilist posts in this thread or anywhere else, in fact many of kitecrazy's replies in this and other threads have been quite constructive.
:)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 am 

I wound up buying the Live 8 Suite box for less than the download price:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/s ... on=ableton
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/th ... cid=201687
The -$100 was handy, esp since I had to buy mics & mounts to record a session singer before she goes on tour.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 am 

Lot of pages to read through so maybe someone asked this and got an answer... if not...

So I bought for 8 Suite and a few months after that M4L, both individual purchases. It's great that M4L is now bundled as this will mean more devices / support in the future but it did cost me (and other M4L owners) €200 on top of Suite.

I hope the upgrade price accounts for this and we get some additional discount to offset that outlay.

Here's hoping!

D

PS: And yeah, Push FTW!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 pm 

Dom Murphy wrote:
So I bought for 8 Suite and a few months after that M4L, both individual purchases. It's great that M4L is now bundled as this will mean more devices / support in the future but it did cost me (and other M4L owners) €200 on top of Suite.
I hope the upgrade price accounts for this and we get some additional discount to offset that outlay.

=yes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 65  Next