All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 65  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:09 pm 

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:07 am
Posts: 145
Location: DK - 1659
€169 as an suite/mfl owner, i dont want to be ungrateful but this is too much at present time, so i will pass this one, i can downgrade to 9 standard for just €129 8O

Live 8 is still good enough + plus i got a reaper license ( €60 ! opps sorry $60 even )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm
Posts: 5
Breaks Dude wrote:
This "upgrade" is the same price as the full version of Logic.
I bought Logic Studio 8 secondhand within a year of its release for roughly $200 less than the new price and recently upgraded to Logic Studio 9 (open box) for $75. Even if I'd paid "full price" for my Logic Studio 9 upgrade or simply purchased Logic Studio 9 new, I'd be getting a great deal.

Machinesworking wrote:
My only complaint, . . . no other DAW I own is as expensive to upgrade as Live Suite is.

My thoughts exactly! I feel real bad for people who bought Live 8 Suite near release.

Breaks Dude wrote:
Just wait for a sale to come around during the holidays.

I suppose this is what I'll have to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:18 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 306
Have they ever done a 50% off upgrades sale though? The most I thought I've seen is 33% off, and now that suite+m4l upgrade price is 300$, that puts it at the release discount price even during a sale time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:24 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm
Posts: 5
ezelkow1 wrote:
The most I thought I've seen is 33% off, and now that suite+m4l upgrade price is 300$, that puts it at the release discount price even during a sale time

Interesting. Have you seen retailers offering discounts on Ableton Live upgrades?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 pm 

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am
Posts: 727
Stop comparing to Logic studio, it's subsidized by apple a big corp sitting in billions of cash that use that daw as added value on their systems.

Compare it to things like FL Studio, Cubase, Sonar, etc.

Avid Protools 10 599
Reason 399
Studio One Pro 399
Ableton Suite 599
Ableton Standard 399
Cubase 7 499
Sonar X2 PRO 499
Digital performer 495
FL Studio Producer 299
Logic 199


Logic is clearly out of the market economics, Ableton is expensive but at that price point it comes with a lot more content and intruments.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:31 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 306
sampla wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:
The most I thought I've seen is 33% off, and now that suite+m4l upgrade price is 300$, that puts it at the release discount price even during a sale time

Interesting. Have you seen retailers offering discounts on Ableton Live upgrades?


never paid much attention to retailers so dont know about that one


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm
Posts: 5
login wrote:
Compare it to things like FL Studio, Cubase, Sonar, etc.

Avid Protools 10 599
Reason 399
Studio One Pro 399
Ableton Suite 599
Ableton Standard 399
Cubase 7 499
Sonar X2 PRO 499
Digital performer 495
FL Studio Producer 299
Logic 199

Just curious, what are the upgrade costs of those other DAWs, since that is what we're primarily discussing?
I don't own most of those, so I don't know how they compare.


Last edited by sampla on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm
Posts: 4829
login wrote:
Logic is clearly out of the market economics, Ableton is expensive but at that price point it comes with a lot more content and intruments.


I disagree. Logic's content including instruments and effects at least rivals that of Live Suite.

_________________
Unsound Designer

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm 

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am
Posts: 727
stringtapper wrote:
login wrote:
Logic is clearly out of the market economics, Ableton is expensive but at that price point it comes with a lot more content and intruments.


I disagree. Logic's content including instruments and effects at least rivals that of Live Suite.



yeah of course, I was referring to the rest. Cubase brings as much too but it kind of sucks. FL studio at that price point have some good instruments, the whole bundle of FL is good value Also, but more expensive than live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm
Posts: 4829
login wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
login wrote:
Logic is clearly out of the market economics, Ableton is expensive but at that price point it comes with a lot more content and intruments.


I disagree. Logic's content including instruments and effects at least rivals that of Live Suite.



yeah of course, I was referring to the rest. Cubase brings as much too but it kind of sucks. FL studio at that price point have some good instruments, the whole bundle of FL is good value Also, but more expensive than live.


Gotcha.

_________________
Unsound Designer

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 pm 

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:15 pm
Posts: 654
My wife and I are excited about Melody-to-MIDI, and I'm excited about the Push, so we're probably going to jump for this, rather than paying $900 for the Push + Live 9 later. It feels a bit like highway robbery, but at least highway robbery is exciting. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 am 

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 am
Posts: 14
In the UK cheapest way for a new user to buy looks like buying a push separately from a reseller, and then suite 8 plus free upgrade to suite 9 direct from ableton. would come in at £749

however the suite 9 package plus push is £815 at resellers, so it's a small saving.

Is there any disadvantage that could be foreseen in buying the software and push separately rather than as a bundle? basic economics one would have thought, it you buy these things in bundle the consumer saves. But in this instance cheaper to buy them separate

cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 am 

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am
Posts: 1426
Quote:
Thank you for your valuable input.


Yeah, that was needlessly snarky. If it makes you feel any better, I was alluding to this


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 am 

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am
Posts: 727
sampla wrote:
login wrote:
Compare it to things like FL Studio, Cubase, Sonar, etc.

Avid Protools 10 599
Reason 399
Studio One Pro 399
Ableton Suite 599
Ableton Standard 399
Cubase 7 499
Sonar X2 PRO 499
Digital performer 495
FL Studio Producer 299
Logic 199

Just curious, what are the upgrade costs of those other DAWs, since that is what we're primarily discussing?
I don't own most of those, so I don't know how they compare.


Sonar X1 > X2 Pro: 119 or 99.
Studio One 1> 2.5 Pro: 149
Reason 5 > 6.5: 169
Cubase 6.5 > 7: 149
Protools 9 > 10: 299
Live 8 > 9: 299
Live Suite 8 > 9 : 249 (199 if M4L owner)
Digital performer 7 > 8 : 195

All in USD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 am 

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 306
some of those do have also had way better upgrade promotions

Like studio one usually runs a 50% off upgrade twice a year, so that can be had for only 75. I think reason usually has a fairly nice discount at upgrade time (let alone free with 5->6). FL studio never charges for upgrades. Cakewalk also runs alot of specials on upgrades, either a large chunk off the price, or recently I think they ran one where they took a big chunk off plus gave you ozone 5 for free

Where as the live suite 8 to suite 9 if m4l owner with discount is only 200, or 300$ regularly

So it really depends if your comparing actual upgrade price, or discounted upgrade price. If you compare actual upgrade price then ableton and protools stand alone at the top by a good margin compared to everyone else. When you compare discounted upgrade the gap widens even further


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 65  Next

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group