All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live 9 Pricing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:13 am 

login wrote:
Sonar X1 > X2 Pro: 119 or 99.
Studio One 1> 2.5 Pro: 149
Reason 5 > 6.5: 169
Cubase 6.5 > 7: 149
Protools 9 > 10: 299
Live 8 > 9: 299
Live Suite 8 > 9 : 249 (199 if M4L owner)
Digital performer 7 > 8 : 195

All in USD

That's what I was getting at. Only established "recording studio industry standard" Pro Tools is more expensive.

Logic is a good comparison, because even back in the day pre Apple when Logic's embedded instruments were add ons it didn't cost substantially more to upgrade Logic if you bought all their instruments. Think of it this way for a second: the initial cost is one thing, but the upgrade cost is the killer if you love a product. Logic is $199 for every upgrade as well as buying it initially. Previous to Apple buying it it was around $150+/- for upgrades. Digital Performer is $199 every time, and it doesn't change if you skip upgrades.

Ableton charge you as much almost as buying Live to upgrade Suite, I may just wait for that 33% sale. :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:15 am 

i hafta say the long awaited "special offer" for Suite 8 + M4L owners was a let down. the email made me think that there would be an extra USD100 discount from the already advertised price, but, no the difference is only about USD35. god only knows why they strung that out for so long...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 am 

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing. The amount of $$ I've invested in Live including hard-ware caused me to think I'd be shown some love. It was naive to think such a thing. Any companies' primary concern is profit, it's just the way the system works, so no one should really be surprised.

I am an avid Live user and 80% of my time and energy is spent using it so I have to up-grade because anything released after Live 9 comes out will only be compatible w/ Live 9. Ya know, you always have to have the latest version of EVERYTHING! I already own Suite 8 and I guess M4L will be nice to have just for the library of already made devices, because I have ZERO interest in coding. I just like to make music. I already own various compressors and other processors that I regularly use so the new devices aren't that interesting to me. Curves are cool, not really necessary but clip automation is pretty sweet.
All in all I think I may go for 9 Standard.

All that said, I realize it takes a lot of time and effort to implement all this stuff and they have to make $$ somehow or go out of business. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because the pricing isnt that bad, I guess. Just could have been a little better for long time, loyal users.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 am 

fishmonkey wrote:
i hafta say the long awaited "special offer" for Suite 8 + M4L owners was a let down. the email made me think that there would be an extra USD100 discount from the already advertised price, but, no the difference is only about USD35. god only knows why they strung that out for so long...

This.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 am 

Can anyone tell me what the current upgrade cost is from regular Live 8, to Live 8 Suite (+free upgrade?)

If it's close to 200Euro, I'm downgrading, then upgrading again so I can give the old Suite 8 licenses to my buddy as a present. If Ableton thinks this is a special offer, at least I can turn it into a special offer for someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 am 

You'll be able to find this easily enough on the front page - but I don't think you'll be able to give anything away as the upgrade will be tied to the same licence.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:58 am 

merges wrote:
fishmonkey wrote:

This.

That
Hd

'enjoy what you can while you can'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 am 

Szuumm wrote:
You'll be able to find this easily enough on the front page - but I don't think you'll be able to give anything away as the upgrade will be tied to the same licence.

Since I already have Suite, it doesn't show me the other upgrade paths. And yes, I upgraded my Live 8 to Live 8 Suite before when I got it years ago, they're separate license-keys for all the extra instruments/effects not directly tied into Live 8 license. They should be transferrable.

Thanks for the good advice, but I just would like to know what the upgrade price is from Live 8 to Live 8 Suite + free upgrade L9.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 am 

Evil_Banana wrote:
Thanks for the good advice, but I just would like to know what the upgrade price is from Live 8 to Live 8 Suite + free upgrade L9.

log out of your account and go to the Ableton shop.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 am 

fishmonkey wrote:
Evil_Banana wrote:

log out of your account and go to the Ableton shop.

Yes, then you get the full prices. For upgrades though => "Already own Live? Log in to see your upgrade prices" & " Log in to see your upgrade offers"
Unless you have a specific link that directs me to the upgrade-prices... Please can someone simply tell me what the current upgrade price is from Live 8, to Live 8 Suite + free L9 upgrade.

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 am 

Theo Void wrote:
I guess M4L will be nice to have just for the library of already made devices, because I have ZERO interest in coding.

That's my experience. I have no interest in designing boxes, but I love the M4L devices, they are totally worth the moola

Theo Void wrote:
All that said, I realize it takes a lot of time and effort to implement all this stuff and they have to make $$ somehow or go out of business. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because the pricing isnt that bad, I guess. Just could have been a little better for long time, loyal users.

Word. I am on a very bad exchange rate, but still USD 159, while not beer money, is a decent price to pay for what I am getting.

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc, and my life is a never ending tub of awesome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:39 pm 

Just spend your money and move on, or stay with the version you got! Simples :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 pm 

Dead_Musik@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
Just spend your money and move on, or stay with the version you got! Simples :D

Thanks, exactly the information I was looking for... IMO it's that attitude that causes companies like Ableton to treat their customers like cattle that should be milked rather than respected customers. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 pm 

I spoke to the biggest Retailer for Musicsoftware and Hardware in Germany today and even they don´t know what´s going on in therms of prizes for Upgrade-Boxes. There will be Upgrade Boxes in your Local Music-Store but Ableton is giving out very little information about availability and prizes. They didn´t sound very happy about this situation..

Does someone know how big this Suite Upgrade is? Do we all sit in front of our screens on the 5th of march and wait for GB´s of content to download from Ableton´s servers?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 pm 

DataMusic wrote:
I spoke to the biggest Retailer for Musicsoftware and Hardware in Germany today and even they don´t know what´s going on in therms of prizes for Upgrade-Boxes. There will be Upgrade Boxes in your Local Music-Store but Ableton is giving out very little information about availability and prizes. They didn´t sound very happy about this situation..

Does someone know how big this Suite Upgrade is? Do we all sit in front of our screens on the 5th of march and wait for GB´s of content to download from Ableton´s servers?

You mean prices. :D
There is a lot of content in Suite, yeah, 50GB. I assume it will be an option to download them separately at a later date, hope so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 65  Next