Exporting audio to Soundcloud - cymbals problem

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
82DMC12

Exporting audio to Soundcloud - cymbals problem

Post by 82DMC12 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey all,

When I export a track to Soundcloud, the audio sounds degraded, especially cymbals which sound like they have a chorus on them (like a bad MP3 rip).

The actual .wav on my computer is pretty good, but when it goes to soundcloud it gets mangled, which I can tell with monitor headphones. I have listened to other people's tracks on soundcloud and they don't have that low-fi problem. What can I do to improve the audio quality?

My export settings are these - File type WAV Sample rate 44100 Bit Depth 16 Dither Triangular Normalize ON.

Also - what settings should I use to make sure my original WAV is EXACTLY like what I hear when I play the arrangement in Live (which sounds perfect).

Thanks!
Andy

82DMC12

Re: Exporting audio to Soundcloud - cymbals problem

Post by 82DMC12 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Actually, after doing some more tests it looks like the problem is mostly noticeable when I stream to my Android phone through the soundcloud app. Does anyone know a way to overcome this? When I stream from the real site on my desktop it's pretty good.

Andy