Ableton Forum - user style

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Re: Ableton Forum - user style

Post by 3dot... » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:20 am

yep same here.. also sorry for the confusion.. word-wrap works here..

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 am

Forge. wrote:Angstrom. The Ableton web designer that never was.

I like. But I'm using Safari currently.

I have a few silly little things that shit me about each browser, but I always seem to end up back on Safari. I just wish you could choose right click> "search with google in new tab" like the others. Seems like a ludicrous omission these days.
after you control click to get the window with "search with Google" before you click, hold down the Command (apple) key. Viola, new tab with your search.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:43 am

Thanks very much! Now it's perfect.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:59 am

Machinesworking wrote:

I have a few silly little things that shit me about each browser, but I always seem to end up back on Safari. I just wish you could choose right click> "search with google in new tab" like the others. Seems like a ludicrous omission these days.
after you control click to get the window with "search with Google" before you click, hold down the Command (apple) key. Viola, new tab with your search.
!! learn something new every day

thanks

steko

Post by steko » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 pm

For Safari I tweaked the Chrome code to get the old style bold black links back (Angstrom's look more elegant, but are harder to distinguish from non-links/text:

changed:

Code: Select all

a, a:link{color:#000000!important;font-weight:90!important;}
a:hover{color:#000000!important}
If there's a better way, tell me. I've never dealt with that stuff before. Just peeked inside, changed it & it works… (I'm awesome! 8O )

full code to paste:

Code: Select all

body{background-color:#95A2AB!important;color:#43423D!important;font-weight:100!important;font-size:90%;}
.searchbar a{font-size:1.2em!important;}
a, a:link{color:#000000!important;font-weight:90!important;}
a:hover{color:#000000!important}

#pagecontent a:visited, .tablebg a:visited{color:#7F8D98!important;}
#wrapheader{padding:0!important;}

div#wrapheader div#menubar div.gensmall{display:none;}
.titles{font-weight:100!important;}
.row1,
html body.ltr div#wrapcentre div#pagecontent div table.tablebg tbody tr td.row1{background:#EBEFF2!important;}
td.row1 p.breadcrumbs a{color:#E9EAEF!important;font-weight:100!important;}
div#wrapheader div#menubar div table tbody tr.row1{background:transparent!important;box-shadow:0px 1px 1px #79858E;
color:#E9EAEF;}

html body.ltr div#wrapcentre div div table.tablebg{box-shadow:0px 1px 1px #79858E;}

div#wrapcentre div div table.tablebg tbody tr td.row1{background:transparent!important;}

.row2{background:#DFE3E6!important;}
.row3 th{background:#95A2AB!important;border-top:2px solid #808D95}
html body.ltr div#wrapcentre div#pagecontent div table.tablebg tbody tr td.row2 b.gensmall{font-size:1.2em!important;padding:10px 50px!important; }
html body.ltr div#wrapcentre div#pagecontent div table.tablebg tbody tr td.row2{}
.topicdetails{font-size:0.8em!important;color:#95A2AB!important;}

.roundedtl{font-size:1.2em;}
.profile, .roundedtl{background-image:none !important;}

th{background:#D8DDE0!important;color:#403E39!important;font-weight:100!important;font-size:1.2em;}
html body.ltr div#wrapcentre div#pagecontent table.tablebg tbody tr th{color:#43423D!important;font-size:1.2em;font-weight:100!important;}

.genmed{padding: 10px 20px!important;}
.cornerbr, .cornerbl, .cornertl{display:none!important;}
I also found an old Safari Extension for site-specific CSS stylesheets (so only the Ableton forum style changes & not every site).

http://code.grid.in.th/ -> User CSS -> User CSS.safariextz

As the aged User CSS unluckily stores it's settings in /Users/you/Library/Safari/LocalStorage/ which gets deleted every time you reset Safari (IIRC since Safari 5.1.x = after the release of this old extension), you have to do this:

- quit Safari

- delete everything inside /Users/you/Library/Safari/LocalStorage/

- open Safari & enable Extensions (Safari - Preferences - Extensions if you haven't already)

- install downloaded User CSS.safariextz by doubleclicking it

- then only open the Ableton forum - no other links

- ctrl-click in background of Ableton forum & select" Manage User CSS" -> new tab opens with User CSS settings window

- paste the code from above into the Styles box

- paste "https://forum.ableton.com/*" in the URLs box (not the "" - had just to post it that way so the text shows up correctly here)

- name new User Css template "Ableton Forum" & save it

- highlight the LocalStorage folder in Finder get Info (cmd-I) & lock it (had mine locked for over a year anyway - don't want/need …)

- for further changes unlock it again & procedure as above...

don't forget to set: Safari - Preferences - Advanced - Style-Sheet: "nothing" first

best to save a Text Edit plain text file with the original & tweaked code in case you have to redo cuz you forgot to lock the LocalStorage folder & reset Safari

If you have an older Safari & have to rely on LocalStorage this might not be practicable for you...
Last edited by steko on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

steko

Post by steko » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Machinesworking wrote:

Even better:

open System Preferences - Keyboard - Shortcuts Tab - Services - Search - activate "search with Google" - create shortcut (here ctrl-G)

now highlight text in Safari - hit ctrl-G -> Google search opens in new tab

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:51 pm

steko wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:

Even better:

open System Preferences - Keyboard - Shortcuts Tab - Services - Search - activate "search with Google" - create shortcut (here ctrl-G)

now highlight text in Safari - hit ctrl-G -> Google search opens in new tab
8)

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:16 pm

oh hell yeh, thats a million times better, thanks angstrom

the codes for colors, what are those called? there must be a palette somewhere to find the codes soz to plug in custom #s?

steko

Post by steko » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:24 pm

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 pm

what's wrong with the nutsack color and 18pt Outlook reply font?

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:51 pm

condra

Post by condra » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks so much.
This worked.
I'm calm now.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Is it possible to change it on the iPad? Safari or Opera, or maybe Crome..

My eyes are hurtin!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Any way we can have this fixed in Safari? The new color scheme really makes me want to kill kittens while they are sleeping.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:27 pm

nebulae wrote:Any way we can have this fixed in Safari? The new color scheme really makes me want to kill kittens while they are sleeping.
You can use Chrome script - copy it >start text edit> new>change to txt >paste the Chrome script, save it as ableton.css, open Safari preferences> advanced select the saved css.
There must be some way to make for the forum only, hopefully someone can write how to. Otherwise everything will use the css (which is not too bad, Ebay becomes more readable)