Live 9 Midi Mapping

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ricomz

Live 9 Midi Mapping

Post by ricomz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:06 am

Does anyone have any information on whether or not there are any mapping upgrades? eg. Modifiers similar to Traktor's, shift funtions, etc...

db120

Re: Live 9 Midi Mapping

Post by db120 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:23 am

"DJs have long asked for the ability to use cue points inside clips, and to see waveform displays of more than one playing clip; neither those features is available. In fact, there really hasn’t been anything arguably geared directly at DJs in Live other than the crossfader (and, separately, crossfader curves). That hasn’t stopped Live from becoming immensely popular among DJs, but it means Traktor and Serato and the like remain fairly safe. I’ll defend this as a feature request, though, beyond just niche appeal. I can imagine anyone playing live wants the ability to use mappable cues inside clips, and more waveform views would always be nice – particularly given that screens are generally higher-resolution than when Live first shipped."

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/10/a ... n-details/

ricomz

Post by ricomz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:49 pm

YA I switched to using Traktor to play live for this reason and also because you can tag and search and load decks via MIDI in the browser. I tried the whole Ill Gates method of saving each track as an .als and making each cuepoint it's own clip. Did that for awhile and honestly if I were able to load from the browser I'd have kept doing it but then I tried Traktor and it's just so much more fun in a DJ set up. HAd my APC40 all mapped out to Traktor for awhile and it was amazing. Then I upgraded my Traktor to version. 2.5 and it was all broken so I bought an x1 and an f1 and now I just use those plus a Launchpad live in Traktor. I absolutely <3 it!!! I used to syn Ableton and Traktor so I could fire off clips but then Traktor got the Remix Decks so now Traktor in it-self is like Traktor + Ableton. Fucking awesome, lemme tell ya!! Traktor is like Ableton now but more of a live remixing scenario. Ableton is strictly production for me now!