Shoutout to STRAY (NativeKontrol)!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stoersignal

Re: Shoutout to STRAY (NativeKontrol)!

Post by stoersignal » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:03 pm

RajahP wrote:
bartend7 wrote:i get the feeling he was involved. months ago someone asked on his site, why he didnt work for ableton. He basically said he wasnt at liberty to discuss any contracts or work he did for companies.

Could not happen to a nicer/wiser guy... 8)
actually i asked him and he said: I hate to disappoint but, no, I didn't have anything to do with Push.

bartend7

Post by bartend7 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:27 pm

stoersignal wrote:
RajahP wrote:
bartend7 wrote:i get the feeling he was involved. months ago someone asked on his site, why he didnt work for ableton. He basically said he wasnt at liberty to discuss any contracts or work he did for companies.

Could not happen to a nicer/wiser guy... 8)
actually i asked him and he said: I hate to disappoint but, no, I didn't have anything to do with Push.

ya i know, he said that on his site... there's a definite NK influence though..

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:43 am

keep in mind...
that Novation still hadn't shown off their take on the new Live controller...
if this is going to be anything like last time...

pre55ure

Post by pre55ure » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:25 am

I must say that when I first saw the video of push, I though to myself "why would I pay $600 for the things I can already do with LPC". It's a shame if ableton is not even consulting with him.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 am

When Gherhard was calling people out at the beginning of the release vid, I was sure he would mention NK.

Stray might not have been a part of it's development, but I bet he enhances all the features it's lacking.

drchoc

Post by drchoc » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:48 am

I'm pleased to see stray getting some props here. Much deserved.

pablorotter

Post by pablorotter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 am

I just purchased the full script package CL3 plus TC3 (I assume that includes CL1 since CL3's description includes CL1).
From basic stuff like giving you more than two sends to control to the chord control in clip function, reminds me of why
I kept my korg M3, those white buttons I could assign extended chords and play them in a rhythm too quick to do in person.
Although unlike the korg I'm limited to a five note chord. But I could stack them up and quantize and play two chords at once making once massive chord.
Like right there I came up with a workaround for a limitation.

The reason I bumped this thread is with the introduction of mapease the game is changed, as a user you can now take control of the clips and track controls, plus the faders and ever other section.

I however have no time to build scipts with the functionality of the previous Apc40 series so as easy as it may be, I think the day it will take me to really
learn the prewritten scripts is all the time I have to take out of my studio time.

But its still priceless in that I have a serious RSI and to build tracks the less I touch the mouse the better.

I asked if he would be releasing presets for the mapease and apparently he has released this product specifically to be open and for us to build scipts.

I assumed many people would begin building and offering for free their scripts, but I haven't seen the level of complexity in the APC40 scripts reproduced and available, so I went with the
older technology.

Is there any disadvantage to my point of view and my purchase? Does mapease allow the scripts to function without the two third party programs required on windows machines?

I would have been way more stoked to buy mapease with the APC40 scripts recreated and leaving the rest of the functions for me to get into when I have some serious downtime in the studio, and would have been willing to pay well.

But thats not his vision for mapease, and peoples speculation may in fact be right on, he may be financially compensated to where he has no desire to write scripts anymore and has turned his technology over to us the users with mapease, very generous, but at this moment in time not practical for me.

I'll have to ask him or anybody here could both products run at once? I could see diving right into the APC40 scripts while slowly easing into learning mapease to the degree where in a few months I would need just that program.

bleh. sorry for the brain data dump, just haven't seen this discussed anywhere else seemed like a good thread to jump into .

Thanks,

pabloAugustus

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:32 am

CL3,TC3 and MapEase are completly different, but you can read about in detail on the nativekontrol hp. if i wouldn`t have a launchpad too i think i would have the same problem deciding which script to take but so, with the launchpad and lpc i got the most important functions (imo) from CL3.... and mapEase does all these other great things. anyway you can`T run both scripts at the same time with one apc

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:52 am

I agree; an "LCD" readout of the device controls (even if on the pc screen) is exactly what is needed for the APC40..
I can't understand why Ableton/Akai didn't do this from the beginning.... It is really the only thing I want from Push (unless the implement the ability to use a second keyboard to voice chords, like an arranger)...
Willyum wrote:I have always wanted an active lcd readout on the actual controller, so I will probably have no choice but to get Push, But my apc40 with the nativeKONTROL apC-CL3+TC3 script alone, without even counting all the other nativeKONTROL apps, already seems more functional than PUSH. If I didn't REALLY REALLY want the lcd readout, there's no way I would even consider PUSH. Even if I had printed overlays for the apC-CL3+TC3, I wouldn't need Push.

And let's not forget that Korg also jacked Stray's work with the nano series.

Ableton, Akai, and Korg need to public admit that Stray brought their products to a new level!!!!!

pablorotter

Post by pablorotter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:03 am

stoersignal wrote:CL3,TC3 and MapEase are completly different, but you can read about in detail on the nativekontrol hp. if i wouldn`t have a launchpad too i think i would have the same problem deciding which script to take but so, with the launchpad and lpc i got the most important functions (imo) from CL3.... and mapEase does all these other great things. anyway you can`T run both scripts at the same time with one apc
I believe you mean CL3+TC3 and mapease are completely different.I know they are different. One is a pack of scripts. One is an open ended program for designing scripts around ever section of the APC40. My problem I don't have the time to write scripts, even though mapease is apparaently easy, designing the type of functionality in CL3 plus TC3 seems like it would take
more effort than I have time for.

I was just wondering if like drum racks, people have begun to create mapease presets and share them. Someone without studio work for example could have recreating the entire apc40 scipt set in mapease and be sharing it and I wouldn't know. That is why I posted.

The fact that he is not selling scripts for mapease makes me think he is just done with this project (maybe after doing well consulting for ableton?) and has given the keys to us.

I've got the scripts already implementing them, love it all, esp cl3 and the extended send range in the TC scripts. (like who has only two return tracks???)

Thanks for the info on scripts per APC....I never thought to get a second APC with which I can slowly develop mapease scripts for performance.

Thanks for your input, you got me thinking....two APCs support a great small company and FU to push. What couldn't I do?

I think I can get most of the visual info I need on novation's automap controller, that has been pretty well implemented in this last version, and definitely another looser here.

Who wins here with push? If they are both made by Akai why not connect them with the scripting language native control is using or something like that and put some more brains
into the APC. Or who knows...maybe a new motorized APC is in the works, that would be the dope shit, because I am so jealous of people who can afford and have implemented euphonix.
Come on novation, Akai, what does it take to move a freaking fader.

Those of us who have been with live since the earliest versions have been through the wringer keeping up with this software, although we've also receieved great new tools for composition and performing.

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:53 am

LPC and ClyphX have revolutionized the way I make music. Stray is the man.

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 am

yes sir Clyphx is so brilliant..
when clyphx came out I was a very happy camper

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:47 pm

pablorotter wrote:
stoersignal wrote:CL3,TC3 and MapEase are completly different, but you can read about in detail on the nativekontrol hp. if i wouldn`t have a launchpad too i think i would have the same problem deciding which script to take but so, with the launchpad and lpc i got the most important functions (imo) from CL3.... and mapEase does all these other great things. anyway you can`T run both scripts at the same time with one apc
I believe you mean CL3+TC3 and mapease are completely different.I know they are different. One is a pack of scripts. One is an open ended program for designing scripts around ever section of the APC40. My problem I don't have the time to write scripts, even though mapease is apparaently easy, designing the type of functionality in CL3 plus TC3 seems like it would take
more effort than I have time for.

I was just wondering if like drum racks, people have begun to create mapease presets and share them. Someone without studio work for example could have recreating the entire apc40 scipt set in mapease and be sharing it and I wouldn't know. That is why I posted.

The fact that he is not selling scripts for mapease makes me think he is just done with this project (maybe after doing well consulting for ableton?) and has given the keys to us.

I've got the scripts already implementing them, love it all, esp cl3 and the extended send range in the TC scripts. (like who has only two return tracks???)

Thanks for the info on scripts per APC....I never thought to get a second APC with which I can slowly develop mapease scripts for performance.

Thanks for your input, you got me thinking....two APCs support a great small company and FU to push. What couldn't I do?

I think I can get most of the visual info I need on novation's automap controller, that has been pretty well implemented in this last version, and definitely another looser here.

Who wins here with push? If they are both made by Akai why not connect them with the scripting language native control is using or something like that and put some more brains
into the APC. Or who knows...maybe a new motorized APC is in the works, that would be the dope shit, because I am so jealous of people who can afford and have implemented euphonix.
Come on novation, Akai, what does it take to move a freaking fader.

Those of us who have been with live since the earliest versions have been through the wringer keeping up with this software, although we've also receieved great new tools for composition and performing.
you can`t create the CL3 scripts or the TC scripts with mapEase! as i said it`s completely different, actually with the clip matrix you can do about nothing. it`s all about track/device control, shortcuts mapping, clyphX strip , but there are also some nice things like clip choppers or something. when you say scripting it sounds like you think that it`s much more work than it is! stray provides an very easy to use editor with drop down menus where you can choose which function you want to assign. so if you know what you want you can be ready in 1 hour or something and then maybe make some adjustments during work.
and: it never can replace push! push has velocity/pressure sensitive pads, a display ...........
i can`t wait for push even if i already have a launchpad, an apc, cause as many people already mentioned: push is much more an instrument than a controller

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:26 pm

pre55ure wrote:I must say that when I first saw the video of push, I though to myself "why would I pay $600 for the things I can already do with LPC". It's a shame if ableton is not even consulting with him.
velocity sensitivity, and a controller designed out of the box to do these things, instead of a (rather elegantly) hacked control script. Not hating on LPC in the least (more so the lack of velocity sensitivity on LP), it is one of the best workflow enhancers I've ever purchased, but I certainly understand the appeal of Push.