Trying to use Live 8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MLinskey

Trying to use Live 8

Post by MLinskey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 am

So I am trying to use Ableton Live 8, but I am having some problems. I don't seem to have as many sounds and instruments as I'd like. Does Ableton Live 8 come with all the instruments i'm gonna need or do I really need to buy/download a bunch of different instruments, loops and samples?
If you aren't someone who can do it,
then pretend you're someone who can and then do it - Inspired by Neil Gaimen

kent_sandvik

Re: Trying to use Live 8

Post by kent_sandvik » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:14 am

MLinskey wrote:So I am trying to use Ableton Live 8, but I am having some problems. I don't seem to have as many sounds and instruments as I'd like. Does Ableton Live 8 come with all the instruments i'm gonna need or do I really need to buy/download a bunch of different instruments, loops and samples?
Live 8 standard I assume. You could get pretty far with even the basic setup. But it depends what kind of music you are trying to make. Let's say Electro-House or Dubstep, you need Massive or a similar SW-synth. You could also get pretty far with free live racks such as the ones from AfroDJMac: http://afrodjmac.com/category/free-ableton-instruments/

RajahP

Post by RajahP » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 am

MLinskey wrote:So I am trying to use Ableton Live 8, but I am having some problems. I don't seem to have as many sounds and instruments as I'd like. Does Ableton Live 8 come with all the instruments i'm gonna need or do I really need to buy/download a bunch of different instruments, loops and samples?
Was just window shopping at the pack store... Never really took the time (Or is that new?)... But anyway, saw this freebee.. just a heads-up.. ..

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/partne ... mpilation/

BTW, it's a bitch getting back to the forum from Ableton's main page..

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:08 am

When I first got Live 8 standard I was missing a few instruments as well. I uninstalled and did a fresh install and that fixed the problem. You might also want to try 'repair libraries' from your preferences window as well... And yes, there are some great freebies for Ableton on the site....just go to the 'packs' menu item and check 'free' in the pricing field.
:D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records