Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Angstrom
Posts: 14741
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by Angstrom » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:16 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:Studio One also has excellent comp take support and anyone who does voice, guitar or similar takes knows how nice that is. You record let's say 16 bars over and over and sweep in the parts you like from multiple takes.
My bad playing is one of the main reasons I bought it.

I hoped L9 would have something for this, but Studio One it is.

shadowdancerbnr
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by shadowdancerbnr » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Purchased. Downloading / trying out the 10GB or so of extra sounds...I'm guessing some of them'll be rubbish, but the OpenAIR impulse responses sound great so far.

mholloway
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by mholloway » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 pm

I own and use Studio One V.2 -- it's the best, IMO, of the "traditional" flavor DAWs, far better organized and streamlined than Cubase or Logic.

but to those of you thinking it as a *replacement* for Live, I'd seriously ask yourself: do you like writing music without Session View? S1 is pure old-school in terms of sequencing / arrangement, sooo....

if you're still interested after asking that question, might also be worth asking: How much do I need my instrument / FX racks ? because, again, nothing comparable in S1, sorry...

bottom line for me is, however stable / nice it may be, S1 is still firmly rooted in the Traditional DAW workflow & philospophy. Most Ableton users love it for the things that specifically set it apart from that traditional approach -- e.g. SESSION VIEW. If you're that kind of Ableton user (like me), there is absolutely no way that S1 is going to adequately replace Live for you.

oh, the Mastering Project page & it's functionality is simply AWESOME.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

cstump
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:37 am
Location: Dona Ana, New Mexico, in the U.S.of A.

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by cstump » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 pm

mholloway wrote:I own and use Studio One V.2 -- it's the best, IMO, of the "traditional" flavor DAWs, far better organized and streamlined than Cubase or Logic.

but to those of you thinking it as a *replacement* for Live, I'd seriously ask yourself: do you like writing music without Session View? S1 is pure old-school in terms of sequencing / arrangement, sooo....

if you're still interested after asking that question, might also be worth asking: How much do I need my instrument / FX racks ? because, again, nothing comparable in S1, sorry...

bottom line for me is, however stable / nice it may be, S1 is still firmly rooted in the Traditional DAW workflow & philospophy. Most Ableton users love it for the things that specifically set it apart from that traditional approach -- e.g. SESSION VIEW. If you're that kind of Ableton user (like me), there is absolutely no way that S1 is going to adequately replace Live for you.

oh, the Mastering Project page & it's functionality is simply AWESOME.

-M
I don't think anyone is looking to replace Live. I myself Rewire live into Studio one because of the Session Veiw and the Matrix way of triggering loops as this is what Live is all about. Studio One is complimented with Live to give the tools available that each platform lacks.

I believe that is everyone else s reason for having both.
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

shlomo
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:53 pm
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by shlomo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 pm

i have been eager to switch from protools mixing after using it for 10 years.
tried reaper and loved it, however the deep customizations of the app started to take more interest than it should so i gave s1 a go.
it was great decision, s1 is THE modern daw; simple yet customizable enough by being not to distractive, and yes, FAST.
great audio editing, effects (EventFX!!!),somehow lousy sound library...
i will ditch Logic for compositional side as soon as s1 implements surround and omf or aaf interchange.
Live will stay my live tool, and sound (m4l) design playground, probably forever.

RajahP
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:13 am

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by RajahP » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 pm

cstump wrote:
I don't think anyone is looking to replace Live. I myself Rewire live into Studio one because of the Session Veiw and the Matrix way of triggering loops as this is what Live is all about. Studio One is complimented with Live to give the tools available that each platform lacks.

I believe that is everyone else s reason for having both.

Wonder if you can run VST/I in Live 9 Rewire now?

Any Beta tester can confirm?

simpli.cissimus
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by simpli.cissimus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 pm

shadowdancerbnr wrote:I own and use Studio One V.2 -- it's the best, IMO, of the "traditional" flavor DAWs, far better organized and streamlined than Cubase or Logic.

but to those of you thinking it as a *replacement* for Live, I'd seriously ask yourself: do you like writing music without Session View? S1 is pure old-school in terms of sequencing / arrangement, sooo....

if you're still interested after asking that question, might also be worth asking: How much do I need my instrument / FX racks ? because, again, nothing comparable in S1, sorry...

bottom line for me is, however stable / nice it may be, S1 is still firmly rooted in the Traditional DAW workflow & philospophy. Most Ableton users love it for the things that specifically set it apart from that traditional approach -- e.g. SESSION VIEW. If you're that kind of Ableton user (like me), there is absolutely no way that S1 is going to adequately replace Live for you.

oh, the Mastering Project page & it's functionality is simply AWESOME.

-M
I am a very big fan of StudioOne and I think the quality is in many parts better then Live's.
VST-handling, CPU-usage, sound quality(yes I bring it up again, so what? :mrgreen: )
native HQ-Effects and beside that so much more...!

BUT..., ...you have nailed it !
I still rely on so many things on Live and can't do without.
StudioOne can't replace the feature I like need from Live, but Live also isn't satisfying.

No question for me...! I need both...!!! :wink: ...then it's the real deal...!
Last edited by simpli.cissimus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

kent_sandvik
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:45 am

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by kent_sandvik » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:00 am

Many Live users also use another DAW, I think that's a very common scenario.

simpli.cissimus
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by simpli.cissimus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:03 am

shlomo wrote:i have been eager to switch from protools mixing after using it for 10 years.
tried reaper and loved it, however the deep customizations of the app started to take more interest than it should so i gave s1 a go.
it was great decision, s1 is THE modern daw; simple yet customizable enough by being not to distractive, and yes, FAST.
great audio editing, effects (EventFX!!!),somehow lousy sound library...
i will ditch Logic for compositional side as soon as s1 implements surround and omf or aaf interchange.
Live will stay my live tool, and sound (m4l) design playground, probably forever.
Yes, Live it "THE" sound design tool for me too...!
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

kitekrazy
Posts: 742
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:35 am

mholloway wrote:I own and use Studio One V.2 -- it's the best, IMO, of the "traditional" flavor DAWs, far better organized and streamlined than Cubase or Logic.

but to those of you thinking it as a *replacement* for Live, I'd seriously ask yourself: do you like writing music without Session View? S1 is pure old-school in terms of sequencing / arrangement, sooo....

if you're still interested after asking that question, might also be worth asking: How much do I need my instrument / FX racks ? because, again, nothing comparable in S1, sorry...

bottom line for me is, however stable / nice it may be, S1 is still firmly rooted in the Traditional DAW workflow & philospophy. Most Ableton users love it for the things that specifically set it apart from that traditional approach -- e.g. SESSION VIEW. If you're that kind of Ableton user (like me), there is absolutely no way that S1 is going to adequately replace Live for you.

oh, the Mastering Project page & it's functionality is simply AWESOME.

-M
I like how it's an easy transition from using other DAWs. I used Sonar before. Nice clean GUI. Bundled effects are great. You can authorize up to 5 machines. The Melodyne plugin works in all DAWs. Not too long ago I got an email from Celemony to upgrade to the larger version of Melodyne for half off. (They didn't claim it was a mistake and changed the price either.)

kitekrazy
Posts: 742
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 am

[quote="darkenedsoul"
Too bad I find out about this the last day of this *sale*. Honestly, I don't know what I'd switch to, Reaper would be cheapest and has some cool features. I can't justify hundreds of dollars as I see no ROIC, especially over time. Sales suck and another reason I haven't been doing anything in some time.....then again I am more in a niche market than some of you folks.[/quote]

If a person has a lot of 3rd party VSTs, Reaper can be the way to go. Ultra stable, less system resources. You won't find a better app for $60. Plus you can install it on a flash drive too.

kitekrazy
Posts: 742
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 am

pencilrocket wrote:I'm a little concerned that the price will rise above $300 soon.... :oops:
It was probably a mistake. People who were going to use money on the mistake pricing will use it towards Studio One.

fragmentated
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by fragmentated » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:50 am

RajahP wrote: Wonder if you can run VST/I in Live 9 Rewire now?

Any Beta tester can confirm?
I can confirm you still can't run plugins while in rewire - that also includes M4L too.

mholloway
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by mholloway » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 am

kent_sandvik wrote:Many Live users also use another DAW, I think that's a very common scenario.
and even more would if Ableton would make it possible to use 3rd party plug-ins while in Rewire mode....... but I've been angry about this for too long to let myself get angry all over again :(
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

kent_sandvik
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:45 am

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by kent_sandvik » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:00 am

mholloway wrote:
kent_sandvik wrote:Many Live users also use another DAW, I think that's a very common scenario.
and even more would if Ableton would make it possible to use 3rd party plug-ins while in Rewire mode....... but I've been angry about this for too long to let myself get angry all over again :(
Supposedly the latest 9 beta has not this fixed either, same with MFL not working in Rewire mode. Anyway, what do I know, I'm in the middle of downloading the Sugar Bytes complete 1.15Gb suite of plug-ins. The last days have been very nice to us producers, Studio One big discounts, Sugar bytes big discounts and much more.

Post Reply