Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
siliconarc

Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by siliconarc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:47 am

deal! maybe one for all the Live 9 update grudge-holders.

http://studioone.presonus.com/shop/
enter SPOOKY in the code box at checkout.

simpli.cissimus

Re: Presonus Studio One v2 - 50% Off - Today only

Post by simpli.cissimus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 pm

...use it already, cause of the same workflow like Live8(yeah they copied many Live-Features),
but has much better CPU usage and VST-plugin handling then Live8.

Live8 rewired into StudioOne is just amazing for me.
Switching to work at 32 or 64 bit is so cool...
The native effects in S1 are the best I've ever seen in a DAW.
...but S1 lacks a good sampler and audio routing.
(Lives Sampler is the best, and so much better then bloated Kontakt)

Live still has so many things I miss in S1, but together they complete each other for me.
It's hard to find a DAW that has everything for you, but those two together are coming the perfection very close...
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:19 pm

yea i liked it just from using the old Artist v1. just about to upgrade it to v2 Pro for £39 :!:

shadowdancerbnr

Post by shadowdancerbnr » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Apparently, version 2.5 will be released today sometime. 100+ added features (including much improved routing) and at no extra charge.
I have to agree, the native effects (and metering) are superb. I like Logic's but it's just become so slow and bug-ridden I can no longer be bothered with it.
Made a track with the 30 day demo and it was actually pleasure to mix (the part of making music I usually loathe), so I reckon £158 is a no-brainer for me.

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 pm

anyone have any experience of integrating studio 1 into a hardware setup? im moving to hardware but idealy would like to be running sounds into the mac for fx processing. realtime if poss. just not sure which daw is best suited to that kind of approach.

tone61

Post by tone61 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:49 pm

SugarBytes is also having a 50% off deal unti 2nd November:
http://sugar-bytes.de/

cstump

Post by cstump » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:02 pm

shadowdancerbnr wrote:Apparently, version 2.5 will be released today sometime. 100+ added features (including much improved routing) and at no extra charge.
I have to agree, the native effects (and metering) are superb. I like Logic's but it's just become so slow and bug-ridden I can no longer be bothered with it.
Made a track with the 30 day demo and it was actually pleasure to mix (the part of making music I usually loathe), so I reckon £158 is a no-brainer for me.
Where did you hear that v.2.5 is to be released today?inquiring minds would like to know.
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Does Studio one have anything similar to Live's racks?

If it does - I'm in.
I needs my racks

shadowdancerbnr

Post by shadowdancerbnr » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:16 pm

cstump wrote:
shadowdancerbnr wrote:Apparently, version 2.5 will be released today sometime. 100+ added features (including much improved routing) and at no extra charge.
Where did you hear that v.2.5 is to be released today?inquiring minds would like to know.
It was discussed on the forum, based on the fact that Presonus said they'd be sending out an "important" email to registered users today.
However, I'm starting to suspect it was just wild speculation. That said, given that the video previewing some new features definitely states it's a free update - and it's certainly on the way soon - I'm still thinking this may be a bargain.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:17 pm

garyboozy wrote:yea i liked it just from using the old Artist v1. just about to upgrade it to v2 Pro for £39 :!:
How, where? I have two Studio 1 Artist licenses that I never used. At such price definitely worth upgrading. I spent some time with the developers, from what they showed me the hottest part is the mastering section- but it is only in the full version.
I am beyond skeptical regarding Live 9, specially after most recent events. While waiting for Logic X and Bitwig, could be interesting to try Studio One.
Friend of mine has pro studio with PT, Logic, DP, Cubase, Live but when he does his own projects he uses Studio One, that really speaks for itself

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:21 pm

rikhyray wrote:
garyboozy wrote:yea i liked it just from using the old Artist v1. just about to upgrade it to v2 Pro for £39 :!:
How, where?
click the link i first posted and scroll down to see "v1 to v2 upgrades' or whatever it says.
add to basket, then add the SPOOKY code.

oops - i said 'pro' but meant 'producer' version. 'pro' version is about £100 i think.
i didn't need the mastering or video stuff so 'producer' is good for me.

cstump

Post by cstump » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:34 pm

shadowdancerbnr wrote:It was discussed on the forum, based on the fact that Presonus said they'd be sending out an "important" email to registered users today.
However, I'm starting to suspect it was just wild speculation. That said, given that the video previewing some new features definitely states it's a free update - and it's certainly on the way soon - I'm still thinking this may be a bargain.
Yeah I know and I'm the guilty party that read into that speculation and posted at the Presonus forum so sorry about that my friend, I was hoping they would release last night but it was a sale they were promoting (great savings I might add).

I'm now hoping for tomorrow Nov. 1st as this was when version 2 was official;y released last year but there I go again starting another rumor at a different site this time. :wink:
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm

garyboozy wrote:
rikhyray wrote:
How, where?
click the link i first posted and scroll down to see "v1 to v2 upgrades' or whatever it says.
add to basket, then add the SPOOKY code.

oops - i said 'pro' but meant 'producer' version. 'pro' version is about £100 i think.
i didn't need the mastering or video stuff so 'producer' is good for me.
Thanks, meanwhile found it, apparently I did try the Artist since I am registrated on their site. I have an issue/case with hardware that looks like unsolvable (hardware, board design failure) so I might offer them a deal, drop the case in exchange for pro upgrade.

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:46 pm

nevermind
Last edited by moonpie on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 pm

simpli.cissimus wrote:...use it already, cause of the same workflow like Live8(yeah they copied many Live-Features),
but has much better CPU usage and VST-plugin handling then Live8.

Live8 rewired into StudioOne is just amazing for me.
Switching to work at 32 or 64 bit is so cool...
The native effects in S1 are the best I've ever seen in a DAW.
...but S1 lacks a good sampler and audio routing.
(Lives Sampler is the best, and so much better then bloated Kontakt)

Live still has so many things I miss in S1, but together they complete each other for me.
It's hard to find a DAW that has everything for you, but those two together are coming the perfection very close...
Do youve artist or producer? What features do you use with Live rewired? No 3rd party vsts/aus? Can you root audio and midi to Artist?