APC UNITS WITH LIVE 8&9

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
SwissOrbit

APC UNITS WITH LIVE 8&9

Post by SwissOrbit » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm

1st Q

Essentially I bought an APC 20 and then later on the 40. They didn't work with the version of live 8 suite, probably because it wasn't exactly a legal version, they only worked with the live 8 intro that came with the unit.
Anyone know if there's anyway to get the APC units to work for the standard and suite versions of live?

2nd Q

Will they APC Units work with 9? Anyone heard anything? I'm assuming they will, but at this point with the PUSH coming out, it seems like ableton want everyone to get rid of all their old controllers and triggers and buy that unit, which is pretty pricey by the way.

Shout out from Africa man.
"We are all one with music even if we do not realise it at first"

Full time Producer and Musician.

Tone Deft

Re: APC UNITS WITH LIVE 8&9

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm

1 - the latest version of 8 is the answer tech support will give you. I think it has to be 8.2 or later but that LEGAL download isn't around anymore, just the latest.

2 - no word but it'd have to be. people wouldn't buy Live 9 if they had an APC.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 pm

I'd say yes it will still work. All it really does is control clips, basic channel controls, transport and mapps itself to the first eight controls or macros in a rack. I'm sure the functionality will still be there. I love my APC40 although the channel 2 fader has stopped working. I worked my APC40 hard as hell tho so I guess I got my $$$$$'s worth.

trilo

Post by trilo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 pm

"wasn't exactly a legal version"

Solution is simple - don't steal software. The APC 20 and 40 both work with Live 8 standard and suite. I've had an APC40 since it launched and never had a problem getting it to work with the current versions of Live (I only had Standard for a long time, but eventually stepped it up to Suite). If you encounter any problems getting them to work, you can check here or contact Ableton's very capable tech support team.