Maschine with a useless serial / god damn this is annoying

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phonographiq

Maschine with a useless serial / god damn this is annoying

Post by phonographiq » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:50 am

Long story short:
scooped up a Maschine on ebay a couple months ago. Original box, installation DVD, the whole nine. Come to find out though that the DVD is the sound library and that you have to cop the stand alone program + VST from NI's site after you register the unit's serial number. Thing is though, dude who sold it probably had the same idea that I did and gave up trying to figure a way around a abandoned serial number.

Not advocating this sort of thing, but I was able to procure a copy of 1.6 online and got me up and running. My Maschine is hummin' like a champ, and you can't ask much more than that. Though the 1.8 update has me intrigued, time stretching and all but it seems I'm kind of stuck here in 1.6 since the update is only available thru the very same brick wall I ran into before.

I know I'm not the only one here. Y'all pulled yr hair out over this too, rite? :( :( :(
rhythmic surrealism / philadelphia / $$$
http://soundcloud.com/phonographiq

cmreal04

Re: Maschine with a useless serial / god damn this is annoying

Post by cmreal04 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:17 am

No this is just you.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:42 am

desperate times / desperate measures, well done (so far)

shadowdancerbnr

Post by shadowdancerbnr » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 pm

I've owned Maschine twice and both had the standalone and VST on the DVD...you sure that disc isn't a bootleg?

Have you tried contacting NI about the serial number? They were helpful when my registration was mistakenly marked as an NFR license.

aizo

Post by aizo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 pm

When I bought mine off of ebay, the guy had to fax in a paper saying he sold it to me so they would transfer the license. I like the old system better where you could do it online.

I want to sell mine soon because of Push but I'm not looking forward to that process again, except this time it's worse as I'm the one who'll have to jump through hoops. "yay"
ImageImage

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:30 pm

I wonder how many orphan Maschines are roaming this earth..

On the bright side, Controller Editor requires no registration. It just, doesn't give you Maschine to be used as Maschine..