what instrument racks do all versions of Live 8 have?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
adamj

what instrument racks do all versions of Live 8 have?

Post by adamj » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 pm

I want to make an example Live Set to demonstrate some techniques and share with other people. But I was not sure what instruments I could use and have it work in Live "lite", standard, and suite. I have the suite, so it's hard to tell.

Simpler seems like a safe bet, but I want something melodic, and I only see one piano instrument under the Live 8 library for Simpler. And most of my Ableton-provided instrument racks seem to use Operator, Sampler, Tension, etc. Do I have other options besides that piano?
Adam Murray
Live 9 + Push on OS X 10.10

login

Re: what instrument racks do all versions of Live 8 have?

Post by login » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 am

A free synth plug in.

adamj

Post by adamj » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:05 am

That's always an option, of course. But I was hoping to have a .als file that anyone with Live 8 could open and press play and hear something, without having to install anything extra. I guess I'll stick with this Simpler piano instrument.
Adam Murray

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:06 am

adamj wrote:I want to make an example Live Set to demonstrate some techniques and share with other people. But I was not sure what instruments I could use and have it work in Live "lite", standard, and suite. I have the suite, so it's hard to tell.

Simpler seems like a safe bet, but I want something melodic, and I only see one piano instrument under the Live 8 library for Simpler. And most of my Ableton-provided instrument racks seem to use Operator, Sampler, Tension, etc. Do I have other options besides that piano?
I'd suggest opening one of the 'lessons' provided by Ableton, and see what instruments are in them.
With the live lite versions, the same instruments are there, but they are locked within Racks... so you can play with their Macros only.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

adamj

Post by adamj » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:11 am

Having the racks locked is fine for my needs. Grabbing racks out of the lessons is a great idea, thanks!
Adam Murray