Ableton site not working for me..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nemou

Ableton site not working for me..

Post by Nemou » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Very sad. :( Haven't been able to view the new site yet, it keeps crashing both while using Explorer and Chrome (before anything shows up at all).

Can anyone tell me what components it uses so I can reinstall those? Doesn't seem to be the browser, I've updated Flash so don't think that's the problem but am now stuck.

Anyone? Thanks.

cids

Re: Ableton site not working for me..

Post by cids » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Try Firefox
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 pm

For me, it works but barely.

For instance, I can see the large pictures but I cannot click on any of the thumbnails. Good example of this is when you go to see the Push page and would like to see a picture of the cover, this does not work. Very frustrating because I want to see what the cover looks like.

Also, the text at the top of the Push page "Make something new" interferes with the line that runs across the top. The bottom of the g in "something" is also cutoff. This is something very common across the site and is extremely sloppy in my opinion.

The site has been up for almost a month! How is it that a large company like Ableton has not fixed these issues?

This sort of thing says a lot about a company’s attention to detail and can ultimately reflect poorly on the products they put out.

Oh yea, and change the length of the Push Touch Strip from 12 to 17 cm in the Tech specs section!! How hard is that to do?

I am Using Explorer 8.
Last edited by Bizon on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:01 pm

cids wrote:Try Firefox
I use Explorer as that is what I have at work.

A good chunk of the world does not use Firefox, the site should work on all browsers.

cids

Post by cids » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm

I agree, but people could try Firefox to see if it's a browser specific issue...
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Ah, you mean actually not working. Thought this was a style comment, which I think most people agree with.

I've had no problem with Firefox (Mac), explorer (pc) or whatever my phone does. Other than huge text and general ugliness, of course.

Hmm...

Nemou

Post by Nemou » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Still no luck but thanks for the help guys. I've updated everything I can think of but still nothing. Maybe a total reinstall is needed. :/

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 pm

This is a strange thread. I don't know what deal could be. I'm viewing the main site on IE (8) and Chrome right now. I've viewed it in IE 9 and Firefox at home. It works perfectly with all four browsers for me. ??

:?:

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:25 pm

SpeedKing wrote:This is a strange thread. I don't know what deal could be. I'm viewing the main site on IE (8) and Chrome right now. I've viewed it in IE 9 and Firefox at home. It works perfectly with all four browsers for me. ??

:?:
Indeed strange. I still have issues in viewing the site from my work. At home, however, it does work better.

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Hmm, maybe it's a Canadian thing (seems like both you guys are Canucks)? Maybe Ableton secretly has something against you sneaky Canadians... :) :wink: