Ableton & Logic sound (yes I know...)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Illumin

Re: Ableton & Logic sound (yes I know...)

Post by Illumin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:22 pm

beats me wrote:
perehj wrote:The finished mix is going to sound better on Logic.

I also write differently in Logic because of the lack of session view, get a lot further in a song because of it. And I’m not going to do some “scientific” study comparison by trying to reproduce the exact same track in both Ableton and Logic. I procrastinate and get distracted enough as it already is.
gawd!!! that's my problem....I love using Ableton, but for some reason, it just takes me too long to actually finish a song despite how quick it is for me to get the ideas rolling. I spend all the time in session, then I just want to play in session view even though I know I'm done with it....I know I need to start doing the actual arrangement linearly, but for some just don't want to.....like its a huge task. But then whenever I work in S1 or Cubase....obviously the arrangement is already going....and I just work in segments and once the song is about done, well, it really is about done....I don't have to think of the next sequencing part....I can start actually on mixing and finishing....I've been away from Ableton for almost two years now....but have almost only been using it for the past month....I have a bunch of new projects started that I want to finish....but I can't get past the session view. My own demise!!!!!
"stuff"

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 pm

^ there's a fix for that.

start your tracks in Arrange view. :wink:
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Illumin

Post by Illumin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:12 am

Yea....but its almost like the tab key and arrange button have magnetic forces pushing my fingers away.... :D :D
"stuff"

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 am

Sage wrote:Logic's plugins generally have a 3dB gain boost by default. All synth and channel strip presets clip to hell. All sounds impressive initially until you realise you need to turn everything down and Logic's metering is terrible. Live's plugins are on the whole very clean sounding, probably a bit too clean, so maybe the lack of additional harmonics added to a sound seems a little less exciting to the ears. To be honest, I use both Live & Logic, I doubt even the most seasoned engineer could tell which DAW I used.
As a second example, FL Studio has a compressor on the master and the first weeks i used Live was something like: "why sounds FL Studio so good, full, punchy and Live so clean, thin etc. I turned the compressor off and both sounds the same. brainf*ck solved :)