Akai MPK Mini question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Frederik654

Akai MPK Mini question

Post by Frederik654 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi guys; got a MPK mini as birthday present today and the first rotary knob is able to follow the last clicked parameter in my vst's.

How could I update the user mapping so I'm able to select a second parameter and assign it to the second knob and so on .. I do not use live's devices so no need for a remote script blabla. Click a filter and turn rotary 1 = assigned, but now I want the same for another parameter but nothing happens.

Tx !
Live8 Suite, Logic Pro X, µTonic, Synplant, U-He ACE, U-He Zebra2.x, U-He Uhbik's, U-He DIVA, Tal Bassline, GURU, Genelec 8040's, SPL Control, Serato, Traktor, TouchAble

Willyum

Re: Akai MPK Mini question

Post by Willyum » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:14 pm

lol at the bold... Happy Birthday!

alexjholland

Post by alexjholland » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Happy Birthday!

MPK Mini is a great toy; there is simply no better value unit you could possibly have got!

It should auto-assign with Live (mine does).

Have you gone into preferences and added it as a unit?

I don't get auto-assign with plugins, but certainly Live's stuff works fine.

Frederik654

Post by Frederik654 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 pm

For sure I did set it up under preferences and it automaps just fine in Live 9 beta.

But when opening up a vst I can click a filter knob with my mouse and it maps to the top left knob on the mpk without any additional mapping. Great !! I want this to function for the second knob till the 8th too.

I had an mpk49 before and it did not do what i just described.
Live8 Suite, Logic Pro X, µTonic, Synplant, U-He ACE, U-He Zebra2.x, U-He Uhbik's, U-He DIVA, Tal Bassline, GURU, Genelec 8040's, SPL Control, Serato, Traktor, TouchAble