drum sound problems

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
david.barker

Re: drum sound problems

Post by david.barker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:52 am

simmerdown wrote:(hope that dint come across to sharp,all filters off today, lol)
not at all,Im open to constructive criticism,but my ambient stuff,is we;; away from techno beats or stuff like that :)
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

david.barker

Re: drum sound problems

Post by david.barker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:05 am

cpyatak wrote:So I gave the stuff on your soundcloud page a listen and, well, there weren't many drums in there. Cool soundscapes, and the drums -- mostly kicks from what I heard -- seemed to work out well with the overall vibe of the tracks.

Dark ambient isn't really what I do, but I'm not sure what it is you'd like to be different.

Can you be more specific?

Chris
Hi Chris :D
Thanks for checking out my SC page. :D

I had no prior musical knowledge,except when I started using Reason and Live,but can fit sounds together.

I like the whole soundscape/ambient thing,so that's the genre I like to produce and focus on :)

My beats have to fit into my ambient stuff,(as you have heard)Just need more life in the drums ,as not all ambient tracks will be dark and sinister

The midi editor ruler takes some getting used to,and is choosing the right drum sounds,so is laying out beats to go with the track,(patterns) and the choice of drum sound,too,lol

Im going to focus on this side of things for a few days and see where I go with it

Would be great to be able to be able to set up drum patterns with ease,since I got a few nice,drum-type Reason refills to use via rewire to Live,

Once I get over this problem,(maybe its me and old age,Im 46 ha,ha but thats no excuse)

Just need moral guidance and confidence I think,lol :D
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic