Logic Pro

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jonny72

Logic Pro

Post by jonny72 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:47 pm

So there was a rumour last week that Apple had wiped out their pro audio team, suggesting Logic Pro was history. Whilst the rumour was quickly squashed by reliable sources, there was an interesting comment posted on the blog entry at The Loop saying "Logic will be supported. The next version will be released early next year. It will ‘decimate’ Avid (Pro Tools) and compete well with Ableton".

http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/11/27/a ... udio-team/

Obviously just a baseless rumour but given the importance of the iOS market to Apple and the entry level Garageband, would a vastly improved loop based production tool be that big a surprise? Plus there hasn't been much info on what they're planning with the Redmatica purchase.

Given a Logic Pro update is over due, it kind of makes me want to hold off of Live 9 just in case. Unless the upgrade is price reasonably.
MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011 - OS X 10.7.4

beats me

Re: Logic Pro

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Shocking the rumor about Apple wiping out their Logic team was started on a Pro Tools site. :lol:

No clue what Apple has brewing but it sure seems like every DAW that has been announced in the last year is throwing some kind of session view into the pot. Makes sense, but I don’t know if any of them are as performance friendly as Live or are more of just a tool to check out and map different parts.

steko

Post by steko » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 am

Jim Dalrymple well informed as usual.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/12/n ... e-opinion/
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:50 am

This forum's people already knew before the article written.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186379

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:39 am

i read something yesterday that said the people who lost their jobs at apple were the sales/merandising people who are no longer needed since logic is now a mac app store purchase. not the programmers/developers.

i got logic last week so far im realy impressed, logic and numerology with a bit of ipad control is my replacment for live 8 suite, whilst live is a great piece of software ive come to see session view as a curse not a critisism of the software, it just doesnt suit the way i now know i need to work.