DSP Quattro birthday sells for 50$ (only today)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rikhyray

DSP Quattro birthday sells for 50$ (only today)

Post by rikhyray » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 am

http://www.dsp-quattro.com/dspquattro/S ... attro.html
Is it really that good as Isome people claim? Anyone with real life experience with this software?

spookydirt

Re: DSP Quattro birthday sells for 50$ (only today)

Post by spookydirt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 pm

that looks rather nice, except I'm on Pc...
i5-7500 3.4GHz /16GB / Aphex207D / yellow lefty Danelectro / CZ-101 / E-Bow / Genius
Mink15 - Indie Lo-Fi Downtempo pop- Spookydirt - ambient space music -

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:25 pm

rikhyray wrote:http://www.dsp-quattro.com/dspquattro/S ... attro.html
Is it really that good as Isome people claim? Anyone with real life experience with this software?
Looks like it is on sale for 50/24 from Wednesday. It looks like a useful & versatile piece of software - I would be very interested to hear what actual owners/users of this software have to say. Anyone? Bump!

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Bumping this for Stefano. 8)

[edit] Didn't see your post! Yes I own it and I really like the lay out, it's all quite straightforward and quick get up and running with.
Mostly I use it for chopping up audio and mastering. It's pretty much a one man operation which explains why he's been on the Mac only for 10+ years.
I've had issues in the past with a plug in and he will reply directly and generally even let me know how long it might take to get sorted. :)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 pm

I can't compare it really to other audio editors that well as I've only messed around with Peak and Wave Editor a bit, but you have multiple ways to use plug ins. You can print directly to audio, or set up chains in a single audio file, or set them up globally for all audio files in a session. So for instance I set up the analyzer plug ins on the master channel so that I can see the metering on all the tracks, then set up plug ins to individual tracks to taste. You can store sets of plug ins as a Preset like you can in Live, so you can have mastering chains etc. set up then tweak to taste etc. There's a CD rendering page too to consolidate all the tracks to a CD. It uses Quick Time to convert to Mp3, but that will probably change etc.

If you're interested there's the ability to host VST and AU instruments, though with Live around I've never bothered with this feature.
Years ago you could extract and send sample data to and from old hardware samplers, not sure if it still can do that?